Can you trust him?

" I won't vote for obama precisely because I can trust him. I trust him to do whatever is the most harmful to the people and to the nation."

Then you think he is virtually a traitor and you are obliged to demonstrate your disapproval in the most strenuous civil fashion possible.

Just as millions should do and should have done for Iraq.

Judging by the national security leaks coming from his white house, yes he is more than a virtual traitor, he IS a traitor.

Then get out there and protest! Sit in on the White House lawn! This is a serious thing to think is happening, that the Commander in Chief himself is a threat to national security. There is nothing more grave.

" I won't vote for obama precisely because I can trust him. I trust him to do whatever is the most harmful to the people and to the nation."

Then you think he is virtually a traitor and you are obliged to demonstrate your disapproval in the most strenuous civil fashion possible.

Just as millions should do and should have done for Iraq.

Judging by the national security leaks coming from his white house, yes he is more than a virtual traitor, he IS a traitor.

Then get out there and protest! Sit in on the White House lawn! This is a serious thing to think is happening, that the Commander in Chief himself is a threat to national security. There is nothing more grave.

I support the Seals in their exposure of obama's perfidity and I vote.

I think that if every person born in America came from a good family with a good roof over their head in a nice neighborhood, was healthy, got a great education without debt, recieved a million dollars from a trust fund and continued on to a career or industry in wait...I could trust Romney and perhaps agree with his policies.

Unfortunatly there is West Philly, Crown Heights, poverty, illness, huger, lack of education and all the trimmings that come with it.

People like Mitt Romney are a very fortunate minority and assume that how and what has worked for them is afforded everyone. They then reason that if a person with the same opportunities struggles in poverty it is because of some negative moral compass. In other words they demonize those less fortunate.

No I do not trust Mitt because he only knows how life has worked for him and appears clueless as to how it works for the vast majority of peoples around the World. I actually think he and his kind are unwittingly dangerous because they just dont understand the greater world beyond their own good fortune.

I support the Seals in their exposure of obama's perfidity and I vote.

Patrick Henry is watching.

I think that if every person born in America came from a good family with a good roof over their head in a nice neighborhood, was healthy, got a great education without debt, recieved a million dollars from a trust fund and continued on to a career or industry in wait...I could trust Romney and perhaps agree with his policies.

Unfortunatly there is West Philly, Crown Heights, poverty, illness, huger, lack of education and all the trimmings that come with it.

People like Mitt Romney are a very fortunate minority and assume that how and what has worked for them is afforded everyone. They then reason that if a person with the same opportunities struggles in poverty it is because of some negative moral compass. In other words they demonize those less fortunate.

No I do not trust Mitt because he only knows how life has worked for him and appears clueless as to how it works for the vast majority of peoples around the World. I actually think he and his kind are unwittingly dangerous because they just dont understand the greater world beyond their own good fortune.

How about people from good families, with a roof over their head, and a good education without a million dollar trust fund? That's 99.9% of the successful people I know. The government didn't make that happen. Values did.

After a lifetime of crushing poverty, cleaning toilets to pay for law school, going without to pay for tuition and books, I walked out of school with my newly minted degree and found that I had become a trust fund baby with a rich daddy who paid my way. No amount of truth or facts could dislodge my "legacy" degree. I was "rich". In reality I was no more rich than I was the day before, but in the minds of the truly truly ignorant, just having a degree changed me into not only rich, but born into wealth.

Mitt Romney was a missionary from a family of missionaries. He has seen more real poverty that obama raise in Hawaii by wealthy banker grandparents. Not only does he KNOW what poverty is around the world, but has worked to alleviate the misery.

Making up someone's history because you need the myth, does not make that history true.

Quite frankly, I don't trust anybody in DC these days. For me it boils down to policies and vision. I've seen what Obama wants to do and cannot support it. He tried his way and it didn't work very well, it's time to change horses.

After a lifetime of crushing poverty, cleaning toilets to pay for law school, going without to pay for tuition and books, I walked out of school with my newly minted degree and found that I had become a trust fund baby with a rich daddy who paid my way. No amount of truth or facts could dislodge my "legacy" degree. I was "rich". In reality I was no more rich than I was the day before, but in the minds of the truly truly ignorant, just having a degree changed me into not only rich, but born into wealth.

Mitt Romney was a missionary from a family of missionaries. He has seen more real poverty that obama raise in Hawaii by wealthy banker grandparents. Not only does he KNOW what poverty is around the world, but has worked to alleviate the misery.

Making up someone's history because you need the myth, does not make that history true.

Exactly...the man gave all of his inheritance to charity...I don't know which is better - the fact that he did this - or the fact he doesn't brag about it.

49% of people are on some form of government assistance, 8.2% unemployment is the "betterment" of this country

The US has actually ridden out the global economic crisis better than many of your major trading partners, e.g. Spain, Italy, Greece. .

I your reply, do keep in mind that the global economic crisis was sparked in part by the Bush administration.

good grief, how did Bush spark the global economic crisis? you people act like Bush caused every damn thing like there were NO DEMOCRATS involved.

He may have cause everything but he certainly sent us down a downward spiral

ALL devout LDS serve a two year mission, usually right out of high school but sometimes throughout their young adulthood.

They are all "missionaries" in that sense of the word. I have cousins who did missions, and have worked with people who went on mission as young adults..I don't know why people find Mormonism so alien. It's quite prevalent and respectable...as much so as any church or religious group. There are always scandals and loons here and there, but that happens with any group.

Some of our oldest and most successful pioneering families have been Mormon. And Catholic, and a variety of other faiths. People act like having a history of religosity is "extremist". Blows my mind.

I know one thing is for sure you cannot trust obama.

That depends entirely on who you are.

Politicians don't do things randomly, and they aren't stupid. ALL politicians in ALL democracies work to better the lot of their citizenry, in particular the citizenry that votes for them and their party.

Romney will absolutely do his best by upper class white Christians, conservatives and business owners.

Obama will absolutely do his best by working class people, ethnic minorities and liberals.

They may not succeed, but that is what they are aiming at, anyway.

The question for voters is really only which group am I within, and do I think voting this way is for the betterment of ALL Americans, and not only me.

Why must you be dishonest?

BigRed -

I have no idea what you mean by that.

If you tell me what you think is dishonest, I'll explain my thinking.

To thin k obama will be something that he is not nor has shown to be. If he was for the working class non union and minorities, the economy would better by now. and minorities would not be close to 20% unemployment.

Mitt can be trusted to say whatever he thinks we want to hear, whatever will get him votes. Then he'll flip flop because people's mouths drop open in disbelief. Mittens has been caught in dozens of lies. Pretty much every time he opens his mouth, out falls another lie. Same with Ryan. Now he's lying about his "plan".

Imagine Mittens on the world stage. He can't even talk to Americans. There is little doubt that he'll have us in a new war within a very short time. He has said as much, so has Ryan, and Mittens is just not smart enough to deal with world leaders.

Even if you don't like Obama, he has gotten us out of one war and an end date for the other. Instead of starting new wars, he has used amazingly surgical strikes to take out our enemies without killing hundreds of thousands and costing use trillions.

He's not the mealy mouth that Mittens is and has been willing to cost himself votes in order to the right thing.

Unlike RobMe and Robin, Obama has and will continue to fight for the middle class. While we've had lower taxes under Obama, Mitt and Ryan have said they will raise taxes on the middle class and lower taxes on their 1% cronies.

Mitt and Ryan are both lying about Medicare and rw's are falling for it. And, I have no doubt Mittens WILL take the Affordable Care Act away from us while keeping the same high quality, tax funded, health care for congress.

To thin k obama will be something that he is not nor has shown to be. If he was for the working class non union and minorities, the economy would better by now. and minorities would not be close to 20% unemployment.

The US has, in general, performed better during the recession than most of your trading partners - including those who have applied conservative solutions, such as France.

As I said earlier, I think all politicians in a country like the US do the best for the people who voted for them, and for their parties main support blocs. To not do so would be self-detructive.

So I think Obama is and will continue to do his best for the working class and minorities - and I think policies like healthcare and investment in infrastructure back that up.

I don't, but then I'm not gonna vote for him. It's to bad so many simple minded people voted for Mitt during the primaries because they were told he was the only one that can win... Now it looks like he might lose badly.

Forum List

Back