Can you be religious and pro science and technology?

If life is a step, they haven't even taken the first one....
You don't have to believe there is a step after this one to live a full life. OTOH, believing there is one can change one's approach to how they live this one. That can be good or bad, but it's still a change due to perspective.

Personally, I like the Auntie Mame philosophy: Live, live, live because life is a banquet and most poor bastards are starving themselves to death.

If life is a step, they haven't even taken the first one....
You don't have to believe there is a step after this one to live a full life. OTOH, believing there is one can change one's approach to how they live this one. That can be good or bad, but it's still a change due to perspective.

Personally, I like the Auntie Mame philosophy: Live, live, live because life is a banquet and most poor bastards are starving themselves to death.

I don't see it as believing in eternal life as much as it is about receiving eternal life before the mortal body dies and knowing what is coming because your consciousness has already ascended to the level of 'heavenly' beings where the restrictions of time and space do not apply.

When Jesus said that sinners and prostitutes were entering the kingdom of heaven before the Pharisees he was not talking about them dying but rising from the dead and embracing the way to eternal life.

BTW, the road ahead of you doesn't end there. it takes an additional effort to enter the inner chamber, stand in the presence of the King, and hear his words.

Last edited:
It doesn't count when I'm dead, I'm talking with dingbat about believing now. Anyways, you're full of shit, you have no proof. You should probably just :anj_stfu:
Wow. Impatient, angry and sad little fella, aren't you? I bet you want to leave your room at home, have your own life, car and apartment but still have your parents pay for everything. Sorry, dude, it doesn't work that way. To be a responsible adult, you have to grow up and act like a responsible adult. To meet God, you have to transcend mortal life.
Have any proof?

It doesn't count when I'm dead, I'm talking with dingbat about believing now. Anyways, you're full of shit, you have no proof. You should probably just :anj_stfu:
Wow. Impatient, angry and sad little fella, aren't you? I bet you want to leave your room at home, have your own life, car and apartment but still have your parents pay for everything. Sorry, dude, it doesn't work that way. To be a responsible adult, you have to grow up and act like a responsible adult. To meet God, you have to transcend mortal life.

When the law came into the world and was given to man to be a light it was like the arrival of an otherworldly version of voyager containing detailed instruction about how to cleanse and structure the mind to activate its intrinsic ability to make contact with and learn from higher intelligences about how to prepare to survive physical death and enter the realm of permanent existence, eternal life.....

People live and then die. People who stop maturing and developing their intellect die way before the body does.

These are of the realm of the dead; the ones who have never mastered the law remain in hells keeping..which just means they live out their days as clueless and ignorant of truth as any lower beast in the eat or be eaten wilderness.

One does not have to transcend life, one has to embrace life.

Any person who has not taken the time or gone through the trouble of purifying and refining their own mind will never see anything clearly through a filthy lens.
Sorry brah, it's no mumbo-jumbo Sunday.

When the law came into the world and was given to man to be a light it was like the arrival of an otherworldly version of voyager containing detailed instruction about how to cleanse and structure the mind to activate its intrinsic ability to make contact with and learn from higher intelligences about how to prepare to survive physical death and enter the realm of permanent existence, eternal life.....

People live and then die. People who stop maturing and developing their intellect die way before the body does.

These are of the realm of the dead; the ones who have never mastered the law remain in hells keeping..which just means they live out their days as clueless and ignorant of truth as any lower beast in the eat or be eaten wilderness.

Any person who has not taken the time or gone through the trouble of purifying and refining their own mind will never see anything clearly through a filthy lens.

Hey you are the one who says he wants to meet God but then won't do anything to cleanse your mind so that it is capable of accurate perception.

Its like claiming to want to learn a foreign language but doing nothing to learn that language and then concluding its all mumbo jumbo.

No wonder you live alone on a mountain....You are like a gnarled little wart, sitting in the corner of a dark room, oozing bile and giving off putrid smells.

Like I said, if you really want proof of God, I suggest you try a new perfume..

Last edited:

Hey you are the one who says he wants to meet God but then won't do anything to cleanse your mind so that it is capable of accurate perception.

Its like claiming to want to learn a foreign language but doing nothing to learn that language and then concluding its all mumbo jumbo.

No wonder you live alone on a mountain....You are like a gnarled little wart, sitting in the corner of a dark room, oozing bile and giving off putrid smells.

Cleanse my mind? Good timing, I'm just about to smoke a joint. :D

good idea.

Given the fact that whenever someone squeezes your head a foul and smelly pus comes out, it might help.

On second thought, smoke two.

LOL. Good observation.

There's an old Zen tale about that:

A Cup of Tea
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.
Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.
The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”
“Like this cup,” Nan-in said, “you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?”

So none, as I never said that I had any. Now fuck off, fool.
LOL. Thanks for the confession. It wasn't clear to me if you thought you had anything or not, but now it's clear you know nothing, are unwilling to learn anything and are just a troll. Please smoke more pot, maybe it will give you the peace you so sorely need.

LOL. Thanks for the confession. It wasn't clear to me if you thought you had anything or not, but now it's clear you know nothing, are unwilling to learn anything and are just a troll. Please smoke more pot, maybe it will give you the peace you so sorely need.
Show me some proof of what you claimed about god, last chance.

good idea.

Given the fact that whenever someone squeezes your head a foul and smelly pus comes out, it might help.

On second thought, smoke two.
What is it with you and puss? You having a problem? :lol:

What did I claim? Is your pot-smoking dimming your memory?

You have no proof and I have no proof of anything beyond the Natural universe.

If a flower washes up on a beach, it makes me believe there is more than just water out there, but you choose to believe it's just part of the ocean. Instead of just letting that go, you demand I give you proof the flower didn't come from the ocean. You are a silly person and I believe you are lost and afraid. This makes you angry, which is why you troll and drug yourself so much.

What did I claim? Is your pot-smoking dimming your memory?

You have no proof and I have no proof of anything beyond the Natural universe.

If a flower washes up on a beach, it makes me believe there is more than just water out there, but you choose to believe it's just part of the ocean. Instead of just letting that go, you demand I give you proof the flower didn't come from the ocean. You are a silly person and I believe you are lost and afraid. This makes you angry, which is why you troll and drug yourself so much.
I'm probably just tired of dimwits claiming something then refusing to back it up, seems to be a lot of those kind of trolls here lately. We get it, you have nothing, yet you persist in bothering me. Hmmm.

While I realize that some people find their personal obsessions with telling anyone and everyone about their disbelief in the Bible and Christianity utterly fascinating, I do hope everyone will forgive me for being so gauche as to return to the topic of this thread, since I really don't give a rat's furry ass what anyone's opinion is of whether or not I should hold religious beliefs.

The answer to the topic question continues to be, "Yes, you can be religious and pro-technology, pro-science, etc. at the same time." In fact, it seems to me that it's harder to be irreligious and pro-science, given how often those people seem to disregard and be ignorant of any scientific fact that contradicts their worldview.

Forum List

Back