The Chief Vicar of Christianity issues prophetic warning regarding the rise of populism.

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
Pope Francis has warned against the rise of populist leaders like Adolf Hitler.

He made the comments to Spanish newspaper El Pais as Donald Trump was being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.

During the interview, the pontiff condemned the use of walls and barbed wire to keep out foreigners, but said it was too early to judge Mr Trump, saying: “I think we must wait and see.”

MY RESPONSE:

I have been issuing that same warning here for some time now. So-called RW Christians have sold their souls to the devil and have given a demagogue free reign over us. And while I don’t care so much that Trump wants to build a wall to keep foreigners out, it is the Hitler analogy that got my attention. That led me to consider that a wall can keep people IN as well.

Trump has repeatedly insinuated that he is going to empower the police even more to combat gangs and crime. But at what costs? Will those change come at the expense of suspending Constitutional rights of minorities who aren’t gang members or criminals? Trump’s race relations history, his fondness for Stop and Frisk and his choice for Attorney General needs no middle man to interpret what he intends to do. We don’t need to wait and see. The handwriting is on the wall

It is noteworthy that the Pope chose to make his declaration the same day of Trump’s inauguration. That papal gesture resonated around the world. Perhaps with all of our combined prayers,now validated by the Pope, God will intervene and touch the heart of Donald to do the right thing. By some measure a miracle has already manifested itself. Trump has softened on eradicating the ACA entirely.

But whether that was divine intervention or just common sense, God only knows. for now though, I’d like to think the Pope’s warning prompted millions of prayers. And I have been told Prayer changes things!

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
"Chief Vicar" promotes Islam over Christianity, stood at our border and told us to let everyone in who wants in, then called Islam the religion of peace, while all but shutting out Christ completely. He is the closest thing to the false prophet I have ever seen.
There is a good reason why the Church of Roman isn't one of the 7 candle sticks Christ referred to in Rev. It will not be taking it's place in the Temple with Christ.
My soul is in very good hands, thank you.

He made the comments to Spanish newspaper El Pais as Donald Trump was being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.

During the interview, the pontiff condemned the use of walls and barbed wire to keep out foreigners, but said it was too early to judge Mr Trump, saying: “I think we must wait and see.”

MY RESPONSE:

I have been issuing that same warning here for some time now. So-called RW Christians have sold their souls to the devil and have given a demagogue free reign over us. And while I don’t care so much that Trump wants to build a wall to keep foreigners out, it is the Hitler analogy that got my attention. That led me to consider that a wall can keep people IN as well.

Trump has repeatedly insinuated that he is going to empower the police even more to combat gangs and crime. But at what costs? Will those change come at the expense of suspending Constitutional rights of minorities who aren’t gang members or criminals? Trump’s race relations history, his fondness for Stop and Frisk and his choice for Attorney General needs no middle man to interpret what he intends to do. We don’t need to wait and see. The handwriting is on the wall

It is noteworthy that the Pope chose to make his declaration the same day of Trump’s inauguration. That papal gesture resonated around the world. Perhaps with all of our combined prayers,now validated by the Pope, God will intervene and touch the heart of Donald to do the right thing. By some measure a miracle has already manifested itself. Trump has softened on eradicating the ACA entirely.

But whether that was divine intervention or just common sense, God only knows. for now though, I’d like to think the Pope’s warning prompted millions of prayers. And I have been told Prayer changes things!
You guys are pretty fickle when it comes to popes. Some days they are your best friends and others days not so much.

Impossible here since none of the candidates were financed nor groomed by the church to carry out those hate Synods of the Church that was the forefront of the Nazis policies emulating the church ideologies.
Furthermore to equate walls is hypocracy since The Pope lives in a walled city and has guards to keep people out, and his country he came from used to let Nazis immigrate but not the victim Jews.
The Pope is hate baiting and using fear for popularity sake.

Sources: Examples:
In 1939 the Nazis barred Jews from train dining cars.
The Church’s Synod of Elvira (306) forbade Jews and Christians eating together.

The Synod of Clement (535) parallels the law for the Re-establishment of the Professional Civil Service (Nazi Germany -1933) by disallowing Jews from holding public office.

The Third Synod of Orleans (538) inhibited Jews from showing themselves in the streets during passion Week. In 1938 the Nazis past a decree allowing authorities to ban Jews from the streets on certain days such as Nazi Holidays.

During the Synod of Toledo the Talmud and other books were burned. Similar book burnings were a regular event in Nazi Germany.

The law for the Protection of German Blood and Honor (1935)
parallels the Synod of Elvira (306), which prohibited intermarriage and sexual intercourse between Christians and Jews.

The fourth Lateran Council (1215) mandated the marking of
Jewish clothes with a badge. In 1941 the Nazis forced Jews
to wear a Star of David. So Christendom foreshadowed the
Nazis.

In 1222 the Council of Oxford banned the construction of new
synagogues. In 1938 the Nazis destroyed synagogues in the
entire Third Reich. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

In 1279 the Synod of Breslau legislated for compulsory ghettoes.
In 1939 Heydrich also ordered compulsory ghettoes for Jews.
Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

The Synod of Ofen (1279) forbade Christians from selling or
renting real estate to Jews. In 1939 a Nazi decree mandated
the sale of Jewish real estate. Again Christendom foreshadowed
the Nazis.

The Council of Basel (1434) prevented Jews from obtaining
academic degrees. In 1933 the Nazis passed a law against,
"Overcrowding of German Schools and Universities" with
the same effect. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.
The Synod of Gerona (1078) forced Jews to make contributions
to the Church equal to that of Christians. The 1940
Sozialausgleichsabgabe enforced a special Jewish income tax
equal to the party contribution levied on Nazis. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

"The Nazis 'did not discard the past; they built upon it. They didn’t begin a development; they completed it.' This fact makes
ludicrous any unqualified claim that the Nazis were the enemies
of Christendom. In actuality, they were in very large measure the
agents for the 'practical' application of an established social logic."
(Hilberg, R., "The Destruction of the European Jews" Chicago:
Quadrangle, 1961), and (Eckardt, "Elder and Younger Brothers:
The Encounter of Jews and Christians" New York: Schocken
1973, 12-14).

The roots of the antisemitic "established social logic" referred to above lie in the antisemitic potential of the NT. The roots of modern antisemitism lie in the pages of the NT. Without it the Shoah (Holocaust) would never have happened.
A Disturbing Fact:
On April 19 1939 in celebration of Hitler's birthday All Catholic churches in greater Germany hoisted the Swastica in Celebration.

The Holocaust;is in Its Foundation In Christian AntiSemitism

"Chief Vicar" promotes Islam over Christianity, stood at our border and told us to let everyone in who wants in, then called Islam the religion of peace, while all but shutting out Christ completely. He is the closest thing to the false prophet I have ever seen.
There is a good reason why the Church of Roman isn't one of the 7 candle sticks Christ referred to in Rev. It will not be taking it's place in the Temple with Christ.
Since you didn't leave a link I found one that disputes what you claim. The Pope never stood on the border and "told us" to let everybody in who wants in. He stood on the border and prayed for compassion towards immigrants, especially those fleeing persecution in their home countries.

Since you didn't leave a link I found one that disputes what you claim. The Pope never stood on the border and "told us" to let everybody in who wants in. He stood on the border and prayed for compassion towards immigrants, especially those fleeing persecution in their home countries.

You are the misled. He could have prayed for compassion for immigrants anywhere. He did it on our border to make a statement.
How many migrants do you see flooding into the Vatican?

You are the misled. He could have prayed for compassion for immigrants anywhere. He did it on our border to make a statement.
How many migrants do you see flooding into the Vatican?
Praying for compassion isn't the same as "standing on the border telling us to let everyone in."
If you think you can stretch the truth in a debate with me, you had better think again. I will fact check your arse!

You folks are just plain mean... Next thing you know you will be slamming the plastic Jesus I have riding on the dashboard of my car.

MY RESPONSE:

And white women that participated in the women's demonstration sold their souls to sharia law.
They were just to dumb to know it.

MY RESPONSE:

I don't believe in the pope. So your post is rather worthless to me

Impossible here since none of the candidates were financed nor groomed by the church to carry out those hate Synods of the Church that was the forefront of the Nazis policies emulating the church ideologies.
Furthermore to equate walls is hypocracy since The Pope lives in a walled city and has guards to keep people out, and his country he came from used to let Nazis immigrate but not the victim Jews.

The Synod of Clement (535) parallels the law for the Re-establishment of the Professional Civil Service (Nazi Germany -1933) by disallowing Jews from holding public office.

The Third Synod of Orleans (538) inhibited Jews from showing themselves in the streets during passion Week. In 1938 the Nazis past a decree allowing authorities to ban Jews from the streets on certain days such as Nazi Holidays.

During the Synod of Toledo the Talmud and other books were burned. Similar book burnings were a regular event in Nazi Germany.

parallels the Synod of Elvira (306), which prohibited intermarriage and sexual intercourse between Christians and Jews.

Nazis.

the Nazis.

equal to the party contribution levied on Nazis. Again Christendom foreshadowed the Nazis.

"The Nazis 'did not discard the past; they built upon it. They didn’t begin a development; they completed it.' This fact makes
1973, 12-14).

The roots of the antisemitic "established social logic" referred to above lie in the antisemitic potential of the NT. The roots of modern antisemitism lie in the pages of the NT. Without it the Shoah (Holocaust) would never have happened.
A Disturbing Fact:
On April 19 1939 in celebration of Hitler's birthday All Catholic churches in greater Germany hoisted the Swastica in Celebration.

Great post! You might be surprised to know I started a thread back in 2014 on this very topic called the Nazi Christians. Indeed, I would appreciate any commentary you might have to add to that link. Your input there would be a welcome revival of that old thread

Nevertheless, Pope Francis is like no Pope I have seen in my lifetime. I believe this pontiff has divorced himself from past sins associated with his church. Had he been Pope during the Nazi Era I expect he would have acted to protest all of the discriminations against Jews you mentioned in your indictment.
Sorry, but I'm going to have to judge this Pope on his own merits. So far I am impressed.

MY RESPONSE:

I don't believe in the pope. So your post is rather worthless to me
Why would you think anyone cares what is worthless to you?

The pope is a populist leader himself. He should keep his pie hole closed. Better still, he should keep ALL his holes closed! :D

Nazis.

the Nazis.

1973, 12-14).

A Disturbing Fact:

Great post! You might be surprised to know I started a thread back in 2014 on this very topic called the Nazi Christians. Indeed, I would appreciate any commentary you might have to add to that link. Your input there would be a welcome revival of that old thread

Nevertheless, Pope Francis is like no Pope I have seen in my lifetime. I believe this pontiff has divorced himself from past sins associated with his church. Had he been Pope during the Nazi Era I expect he would have acted to protest all of the discriminations against Jews you mentioned in your indictment.
Sorry, but I'm going to have to judge this Pope on his own merits. So far I am impressed.
a lot of us "common folk" have stood up for Israel. What makes the pope so special because he does?
Is he some how more special than us common folk.
You're just tooting your horn so loud you don't hear what the rest of us are saying.

Nazis.

the Nazis.

1973, 12-14).

A Disturbing Fact:

a lot of us "common folk" have stood up for Israel. What makes the pope so special because he does?
You're just tooting your horn so loud you don't hear what the rest of us are saying.
My admiration for Pope Francis does not emanate from his stand on Israel. It is the benevolence he exhibits publicly towards the poor and underprivileged. I have seen no other Pope dismiss his own vanity to the degree that he would stoop to literally wash the feet of Muslim refugees... What Pope other than Francis has opted to be chauffeured in a Fiat, the equivalent of the donkey Jesus rode, rather than within the ostentatious luxury of limousines.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/world/europe/pope-francis.html?_r=0

MY RESPONSE:

The reason that the Pope during WWII was so careful of HItler and Mussolini was, that he know those people were really dangerous.

The reason that the Pope now, is so comfortable with openly attacking Trump, is that he knows that Trump is really NOT dangerous.

Fuck him and his stupid fucking hat.

Nazis.

the Nazis.

1973, 12-14).

A Disturbing Fact:

My admiration for Pope Francis does not emanate from his stand on Israel. It is the benevolence he exhibits publicly towards the poor and underprivileged. I have seen no other Pope dismiss his own vanity to the degree that he would stoop to literally wash the feet of Muslim refugees... What Pope other than Francis has opted to be chauffeured in a Fiat, the equivalent of the donkey Jesus rode, rather than within the ostentatious luxury of limousines.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/world/europe/pope-francis.html?_r=0
Once again you make the choice of aligning with the famous
I'm sure they're nobody's on this forum that contribute to the needy.
A needy muslim is different than a military age male with a cell phone.

New Topics

Forum List

Back