Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

But you choose to live in fear of some god and in supplication to an invisible force

Most people I know that are Christian do not fear God. They are thankful and their lives are better because of their beliefs. The find comfort in God.

However, my ex was a "fearful Christian". He had guilt and was definitely a "legalistic Christian" ... felt if we didn't go to Church God would be mad etc. That's total crap.

The passage you quoted was written by a man. Case closed.
... with guidance from God.

Case closed.
How do you know that that guy who wrote it wasn't just making the whole thing up? Where you there? Got anything at all?
Clearly, your biblical history is severely lacking, or you wouldn't have asked that question.
So you have nothing except to call me a know-nothing. Oh well, I tried.
i will admit that you tried ... and, frankly, you pretty much explored the depth of your ignorance. You get an A for effort, but you fail the course.
You couldn't even answer my question, how do you know god guided the writer?

But you choose to live in fear of some god and in supplication to an invisible force

Most people I know that are Christian do not fear God. They are thankful and their lives are better because of their beliefs. The find comfort in God.

However, my ex was a "fearful Christian". He had guilt and was definitely a "legalistic Christian" ... felt if we didn't go to Church God would be mad etc. That's total crap.
They live in fear of eternal damnation if their capricious god throws a tantrum. There is a reason why the devout are called god fearing.

They also obey in order to get some eternal reward.

Religion survives on greed and fear.

It's easier to wear chains when you fool yourself into believing those chains are keeping you safe.

Forum List

Back