Can we talk about what Obama actually DID?

they did, but Harry "Whorehouse" Reid shelved them, as he did with 99.99999999% of what the Republicans proposed. :up:

So they can't write a new one in January, when they're in control?

Wouldn't that be a good idea?

Well, I guess you have to wait until....wait for it...........................January to get here.

I haven't heard anyone say they're going to pass a bill, including the conservatives here who are saying that no bill is needed.

Have you heard anything? Toss out a link if you have....

The speaker has never completely ruled out passing any legislation. After it became clear he wasn't going to be able to get the Senate-passed comprehensive bill to come to a vote in the House, he started trying to pass piecemeal bills that would have addressed parts of the problem. But those stalled out too.
Asked if he could revive that process, Boehner said he does want to address the problem. "We ought to do it in the democratic process, moving bills through the people's house and to the president's desk," Boehner said.

Speaker Boehner Promises Response to Obama Immigration Orders
Henry Clay, he ain't

Well, I guess you have to wait until....wait for it...........................January to get here.

I haven't heard anyone say they're going to pass a bill, including the conservatives here who are saying that no bill is needed.

Well......I'm thinking, that they have to wait to actually be sworn in to write a bill.

Well yes, that would be true.

So I guess that means you haven't seen anything either.

Well first Harry Reid will do nothing. So what's the point of brining any new bill in until the new congress is in session.

Okay, I'll try this one more time.

Have you seen anything about the Republicans creating a new bill to give to Obama after the new Congress has been sworn in?

So far, I've seen two responses from the GOP:

1. "This is unconstitutional! He can't do this! He's a monarch!" and
2. "We don't need to present a new bill because (insert various excuses to not write a new bill here)"

So, last try, I'll assume you have not heard otherwise.

Correct?

Well......I'm thinking, that they have to wait to actually be sworn in to write a bill.

Well first Harry Reid will do nothing. So what's the point of brining any new bill in until the new congress is in session.

Have you seen anything about the Republicans creating a new bill to give to Obama after the new Congress has been sworn in?

2. "We don't need to present a new bill because (insert various excuses to not write a new bill here)"

Correct?

From everything I've seen, there was never any indication Boehner would bring up the previously passed senate bill. Efforts in the House to pass little pieces fell apart, because it was more helpful politically to accuse Obama or failing to secure the border. Boehner did not rule out reviving any of the beyond totally dead piecemeal attempts. I GUESS McConnell was going to have introduced in the senate a much watered down version of what was passed on bipartisan vote. This would have essentially been a poison pill for Reid and Obama. In short, they never intended to do jack shite on immigration.

Anyone else note the subtle letdown among the RWnuts this morning?
They are trying like hell to make another mountain out of a mole hill...

Yesterday it was impeachment, jail the President, blah, blah. I warned them. lol
once he has gotten involved with one, he is a traitor. My suggestion was to wait until the end of his term and arrest his arse and send it to jail. Oh, and I said I'd schedule a new conference and make that statement public.

Correct?

no I haven't and I told you why? Dude what the f is wrong with you?

they did, but Harry "Whorehouse" Reid shelved them, as he did with 99.99999999% of what the Republicans proposed. :up:

The only way they will get a bill passed is if they compromise.

That means that you do things the far left way or not at all..

The Republican House tried to do this earlier in 2014, for the DACA program, passing a bill that would have prevented anyone new from signing up, and preventing current beneficiaries from renewing. Democrats controlled the Senate, so it didn't come to the floor there. Once Republicans take control of the Senate in the New Year, they could pass a similar bill — but Obama would almost certainly veto it.

Rather than a standalone bill, Congress could attach riders killing Obama's immigration programs to the annual appropriations bills. If Obama vetoed the bills (or if Senate Democrats filibustered them) then we'll have another government shutdown.

Boy, I'm really failing to get this conversation going on other threads, so I'll try to start one.

From what I've seen the main takeaway from this act is that most illegals will not be deported if they have not been here long enough; they have to pass criminal and security background checks, they have to pay taxes and prove their eligibility to stay.

Seems like much ado about not that much to me.

I also heard him challenge the GOP Congress to pass a bill that will override this act. So, as I asked on another thread -- don't we all agree that our immigration system is fucked up? Don't we want to fix something that is important and fucked up?

And why, precisely, wouldn't the GOP jump at this opportunity to pass a bill and put it on Obama's desk?

What am I missing?

So excuse me, but what is fucked up?

why do they need one?

The Senate passed a bipartisan bill with 68 votes...seriously, in this divided government, 68 votes in the Senate on an immigration bill that the Boehner has refused to allow the full House to vote on...because it will pass. This bill was passed by the Senate over 500 days ago.

The plan has been to never let the President to ever appear to have any victory and then complain loudly that he is not getting anything done.

Works for the faithful and stupid.
I supposed you have no idea what negotiation means right?

The Senate passed a bipartisan bill with 68 votes...seriously, in this divided government, 68 votes in the Senate on an immigration bill that the Boehner has refused to allow the full House to vote on...because it will pass. This bill was passed by the Senate over 500 days ago.
Why is it they need a bill?

Correct?

Well, who knows what the f is wrong with me.

But I did notice that you twice went back to the "they can't do anything until they're sworn in" schtick, which I have already pointed out. That looks like a dodge, so I tried to make things absolutely as clear and simple as possible to avoid future dodge attempts.

So you haven't heard anything. Great. That's because they're dodging too.

Just as I said.

Sure, he lied his ass off, sided with foreign criminals over Americans, and ignored the will of the American people. Voters told Obama NO we don't agree with you and Obama said fuck y'all.
So did Reagan, it's something that has been going on since the early eighties. When union busters got Reagan, the ex president of the screen actors guild, to be anti-union...

I don't disagree, Reagan, Bush, Obama all screwed over Americans siding with illegals. Under Reagan's amnesty the damn border was supposed to be secured but of course lying Democrats reneged on that part of the deal. And 10 years later studies proved Reagan's amnesty was a net loss for our economy.
but that's what democrats do, they always reneg. They will never comprimise anything. Even when they say they will, when the rubber hits the road they reneg. And it is always after the Repubs gave them something.

The Republican House tried to do this earlier in 2014, for the DACA program, passing a bill that would have prevented anyone new from signing up, and preventing current beneficiaries from renewing. Democrats controlled the Senate, so it didn't come to the floor there. Once Republicans take control of the Senate in the New Year, they could pass a similar bill — but Obama would almost certainly veto it.

Rather than a standalone bill, Congress could attach riders killing Obama's immigration programs to the annual appropriations bills. If Obama vetoed the bills (or if Senate Democrats filibustered them) then we'll have another government shutdown.

Except when the Speaker got 98% of what he wanted, right?

BTW, "they", is plural and compromise is a two way street.

Correct?

But I did notice that you twice went back to the "they can't do anything until they're sworn in" schtick, which I have already pointed out. That looks like a dodge, so I tried to make things absolutely as clear and simple as possible to avoid future dodge attempts.

Just as I said.

And I asked what's fucked up that needs fixing?

Except when the Speaker got 98% of what he wanted, right?

BTW, "they", is plural and compromise is a two way street.
Nothing has ever been offered up to negotiate with. See you have to put ideas on the table in order to negotiate......

Correct?

Just as I said.

Most people would look at the +/- 11 million illegals, their children, services being used, taxes being paid, and other issues, and say that we have a problem.

I strongly suspect that you are in the "there's no problem, let's just deport them all" camp.

Yes?

Sure, he lied his ass off, sided with foreign criminals over Americans, and ignored the will of the American people. Voters told Obama NO we don't agree with you and Obama said fuck y'all.
So did Reagan, it's something that has been going on since the early eighties. When union busters got Reagan, the ex president of the screen actors guild, to be anti-union...

I don't disagree, Reagan, Bush, Obama all screwed over Americans siding with illegals. Under Reagan's amnesty the damn border was supposed to be secured but of course lying Democrats reneged on that part of the deal. And 10 years later studies proved Reagan's amnesty was a net loss for our economy.
but that's what democrats do, they always reneg. They will never comprimise anything. Even when they say they will, when the rubber hits the road they reneg. And it is always after the Repubs gave them something.

You would think after the lying lowlife scum Dem's screwed the Republicans over a few dozen times the Republicans would get a clue already. That's why Republican talk of reaching across the isle and compromising with liar Dem's drives Rush crazy. They LIE its what the left does, they have no intention of honoring an agreement, and they have every intention of coming right back for more and more until they get everything they want and give nothing in return.

Correct?

Just as I said.

Most people would look at the +/- 11 million illegals, their children, services being used, taxes being paid, and other issues, and say that we have a problem.

I strongly suspect that you are in the "there's no problem, let's just deport them all" camp.

Yes?

isn't that the current law? Why can't we just enforce it? I'm good with it. Sends a message for the future illegals that that will be their fate. Maybe they don't try and come here then. Hmmmmm deterrent

Forum List

Back