Can Staff Explain

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
the rating system?
I get the first number. It seems to be close to your number of thanks. The second is a mystery and the 3rd seems to be something negative, but all members I've seen show zero.

+4,466 / 1 / -0
4448 likes plus 18 for being so damned good looking
1... Yes I'm definitely #1
and then a red -0.

Minus zero? WTF?

the rating system?
I get the first number. It seems to be close to your number of thanks. The second is a mystery and the 3rd seems to be something negative, but all members I've seen show zero.

+4,466 / 1 / -0
and then a red -0.

Minus zero? WTF?

I consider the Red a "Negative Rep". At this forum, it seems to not be tallied (carried over) so it fits at the point of post but doesn't carry over as a calculation. This means the 0 will stay at 0 regardless of how many times you receive it in your posts.

The 1 is for disagree and is calculated so will increase.

I don't think rep carried over at all - I'm thinking the greens are for "likes" in the old system?

I don't think rep carried over at all - I'm thinking the greens are for "likes" in the old system?

Yep, there is no - rep here since it's the disabled x (Disagree) and no carry over of negative rep since it's disabled in the new system.

It shows as.

Like - Thanks
Agree = Pos Rep

x/-0 is the site's new Neg Rep. The difference is that it's not counted anymore. It is only seen at the point of the post.

Now I can like what a person says about something and still disagree with the actions they say should be taken for that thing.

So, I disagree and post or I give a like/thanks and move on. If I agree, I might post as well also and that's how I'm using it right now.

Last edited:
the rating system?

+4,466 / 1 / -0
and then a red -0.

Minus zero? WTF?

Likes/Agrees/Disagrees

The negative zero is because they don't actually want the number of disagrees to show. Even one will give you a negative zero, so feel free to disagree with anyone who doesn't have one just to make him look the same. The Likes are so high because they carried the thanks over from the old board.

The way I have it figured so far...

Green is "likes"

Black is Neutral...currently "disagree" tallies there.

Red is dislikes...we have no "dislike" button, so it remains -0

I have no idea where "agrees" tally.

EDIT - just got an "agree" and it tallied with "likes" as a green.

So all the rep whores that claimed rep is meaningless got their wish. Everybody likes me! Hooray! If anyone dislikes me or more properly, disagrees with me it doesn't count.

So the upgrade took a system in place for years and turned it into meaningless crap. You friggin hypocrites got your wish.

How does that phrase go? If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all? Why yes, that's how it goes.
Those who are not liked or appreciated with their posts...don't have a lot of likes or agrees. So it's pretty easy to tell who is what. No need for playground Neener Neener Nanny Boo Boo's, right?

How does that phrase go? If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all? Why yes, that's how it goes.
Those who are not liked or appreciated with their posts...don't have a lot of likes or agrees. So it's pretty easy to tell who is what. No need for playground Neener Neener Nanny Boo Boo's, right?
So it becomes a rep whore thing again with no checks and balances. A total troll can suck up to a few folks and get likes for trash but people who see through the crap have no means to bring him back down to where he ought to be.

It amounts to an election with one candidate and no no votes. It's a crap system.

I like the trophies. It's nice to see manifold and toro's numbers and it seems that the new calculator reversed the slicing of their Rep that they both requested.

I never expected Ravi to have so many trophies either.

I'm in the same spot as Ernie.

Sad, that.

:razz:

So all the rep whores that claimed rep is meaningless got their wish. Everybody likes me! Hooray! If anyone dislikes me or more properly, disagrees with me it doesn't count.

So the upgrade took a system in place for years and turned it into meaningless crap. You friggin hypocrites got your wish.

everyone is a winner

--LOL

Where do you find other people trophies? I just got a new one today..called Beast Mode, lol.

Forum List

Back