Can someone explain why we can't just give freedom a chance?

Why can't the federal government just stick to the constitution? Since when has this become a bad thing? I don't understand...republicans complain, democrats complain, our whole system is just whiners with no real solution...when the solution is right in front of us. That's right. I am talking about the damn United States Constitution. All the rules are in place...but we don't follow them. The federal government grows and grows and grows, seizes power that by design the 10th amendment is supposed to protect, etc. etc. Maybe the reason why the country is declining economically, morally, etc. is because we strayed from our foundation...the foundation of liberty secured primarily by local government.

God help us.
Power. The very thing that the Founders feared the most has come to pass.

We have an aristocracy, or ruling elite, who think they are ordained to rule us, and no aspect of their schemes are so outrageous that they fear removal from power.

You are witness to the truth of that old adage.

Power corrupts. Soon, they will have absolute power.

And we willingly go to our demise.

I agree with everything but the last line my Friend. I know I, and many others will not go willingly. There are nearly 300 Million Privately Owned Weapons in this Country. We really do have the Power, We just need to use it. At the Ballot Box Preferably, But always with the Understanding that we will all Fight, With Force if need be, To make sure they NEVER achieve Absolute Power over anyone.
Having the power, and willing to use the power.....*shrugs*

I swear if a founding patriot saw us today his or her first question would be, "Why haven't you got up off your asses and taken your freedom back?" It makes me sad they fought so hard for us and this is how we repay them as a people.

I was free...
Does that not count?
No...You're a straight, white, able-bodied, gentile male....Your rights and liberties don't count.

Yeh this obsession with gay rights lately is a bit unsettling.
Don't ask don't tell.
The gay marriage thing....

We have a country on the verge of total chaos and this is what the administration is focused on...

Oh that's right the gay movement was holding out huge campaign contributions from Obama until he kissed their asses....

Well at least he did it for the right reasons....
LOL, I thought they were up for more than kissing?

I swear if a founding patriot saw us today his or her first question would be, "Why haven't you got up off your asses and taken your freedom back?" It makes me sad they fought so hard for us and this is how we repay them as a people.

Our society today provides more freedom to its people than that of the founding fathers

Why can't the federal government just stick to the constitution? Since when has this become a bad thing? I don't understand...republicans complain, democrats complain, our whole system is just whiners with no real solution...when the solution is right in front of us. That's right. I am talking about the damn United States Constitution. All the rules are in place...but we don't follow them. The federal government grows and grows and grows, seizes power that by design the 10th amendment is supposed to protect, etc. etc. Maybe the reason why the country is declining economically, morally, etc. is because we strayed from our foundation...the foundation of liberty secured primarily by local government.

God help us.

Oh, look everyone, another constitutional fetishist.

I say we set up a special colony for these people. They can live just under the limits of the constitution, but they can't have any technology invented after 1790. If they get sick, no modern medicine for you. We'll just bleed you like they did Geo. Washington. That'll work out well.

The US Constitution is actually pretty awful. A Bi-Cameral legislature, the idiocy of giving Wymonig as many Senators as California, the stupidity of the Electoral College.

We are declining because we've let huge wealth disparity happen. Because we import more manufactured goods than we export, and we export more raw materials. We are becoming a third world country because we are acting like one. And that has nothing to do with the constitution.

As per Rdean's post, we don't give freedom a chance because freedom doesn't result in the things that Liberals, like Rdean, want.

God help us.

The federal government follows the Constitution. Americans are more free today than at any time in our history

Oh, brother! :rolleyes:

Name a period in our history when Americans had more freedom than they have today......I'll wait

Name a time in our American history, except during the Civil War, WW1, and WW2, when Americans had LESS freedom than we have today..........we'll wait.

It's a shame to see a seemingly intelligent person (you), who is so drunk on the leftist Kool-Aid that he/she has lost any semblance of honesty, integrity, and objectivity.

Liberals would rather have equality than freedom. The two are mutually exclusive.

God help us.

They know what is best for you. Shut up, put on your gray jumpsuit and get back in line citizen.

Name a period in our history when Americans had more freedom than they have today......I'll wait

Name a time in our American history, except during the Civil War, WW1, and WW2, when Americans had LESS freedom than we have today..........we'll wait.

It's a shame to see a seemingly intelligent person (you), who is so drunk on the leftist Kool-Aid that he/she has lost any semblance of honesty, integrity, and objectivity.
Several people have named times...He's just ignoring all of it.

God help us.

I say we set up a special colony for these people. They can live just under the limits of the constitution, but they can't have any technology invented after 1790. If they get sick, no modern medicine for you. We'll just bleed you like they did Geo. Washington. That'll work out well.

The US Constitution is actually pretty awful
. A Bi-Cameral legislature, the idiocy of giving Wymonig as many Senators as California, the stupidity of the Electoral College.

We are declining because we've let huge wealth disparity happen. Because we import more manufactured goods than we export, and we export more raw materials. We are becoming a third world country because we are acting like one. And that has nothing to do with the constitution.
That ladies and gentlemen, is what is meant by enemies, foreign and domestic.

It is a viable, and somewhat nauseating look, inside the mind of a subversive.

Last edited:
Liberals would rather have equality than freedom. The two are mutually exclusive.

Liberals don't believe in equality either. They just use whatever argument is most convenient to promote their agenda (e.g. their war on whites and their war on Christians).

God help us.
Obama's goal to fundamentally transform the United States is hampered (thankfully) by the existence of our Constitution and the intentionally placed obstacles involved in making changes to it.

It's like our founding fathers foresaw the bastard trying to take over the country.

Several people have named times...He's just ignoring all of it.
That is the liberal way. Ignore the truth...repeat your question..ignore the answer...repeat the question...ignore the answer...and so on and on and on and on.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

As usual, lefties and righties are on two similar but different topics. lefties are talking about the freedoms of minority groups, which have gotten much better. Righties are talking about the freedoms of the american people as a whole, which have gotten worse.

God help us.

The US Constitution is actually pretty awful
. A Bi-Cameral legislature, the idiocy of giving Wymonig as many Senators as California, the stupidity of the Electoral College.

That ladies and gentlemen, is what is meant by enemies, foreign and domestic.

It is a viable, and somewhat nauseating look, inside the mind of a subversive.

Settle down spanky. He's not an enemy, he just has a different view than you.

Our society today provides more freedom to its people than that of the founding fathers

You shot yourself in the foot by super-imposing the word "society" onto what should have said "federal government." Which is philosophically and logically incorrect. Words cannot describe your ignorance and your disrespect. How I pity you.

Last edited:

A time when Americans had less freedom than today? How about when blacks were not free to mingle with whites? How about when women and gays were restricted in the military? How about when blacks and whites could not marry? When women could not apply for most jobs?

We have much more freedom today than we used to

You shot yourself in the foot by super-imposing the word "society" onto what should have said "federal government." Which is philosophically and logically incorrect. Words cannot describe your ignorance and your disrespect. How I pity you.

You want to talk federal government?

How about the federal government of our founding fathers insisted on keeping men in slavery? How about the federal government not allowing women to vote or own property? How about the freedom the federal government provided native Americans?

Comparing the freedom provided by our founding fathers to the freedom we have today is a joke

Forum List

Back