Can someone explain Chipotle stock explosive growth?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
There talking about it on CNBC. This stock has confused me for the last couple of years. They had the e coli scare a couple of years ago and since then it has been a rocket ship basically tripling in price. They freaking make burritos right? I don't get it.

There talking about it on CNBC. This stock has confused me for the last couple of years. They had the e coli scare a couple of years ago and since then it has been a rocket ship basically tripling in price. They freaking make burritos right? I don't get it.

CMG's huge price gains are due to their explosive growth in sales.

The fact that they had the e-coli scare and it didn't cause a dip in sales or projections, is a real point in positivity for the company and their stock. Their customers are devoted, and won't let a bacterium shake their devotion. Even at the current levels, CMG's market cap is only 1/7 of McDonald's, the possibility of growth is there.

There's something to be said for sticking with the basics. That seems to be what the company is doing.

CNBC is a shill for them.

That is a good assessment. But it doesn't change the fact that Chipolte is still doing a great business in spite of e coli

• Banned
There's something to be said for sticking with the basics. That seems to be what the company is doing.

People really like Chipolte. I drove by there at 8 pm on a Sunday evening and saw a big line inside.
Yes there always seems to be people lining up and they often buy more than just a burrito spending 15 or 20 bucks. It still amazes me this the second biggest ROI stock in the S&P 500.

That is a good assessment. But it doesn't change the fact that Chipolte is still doing a great business in spite of e coli
They were lucky they acted quickly on the E-coli scare. The problem was in the NW and only affected 2-3 dozen people, but news travels fast and people have short memories. A friend got e-coli from a Subway. Crapping bloody diarrhea sure would scare me away. Forever.

Forum List

Back