Can someone call the cases when Putin lied?

Balancer

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2017
Moscow, Russia, Earth
I'm tired of constantly facing Putin's accusations of lying with the absence of any examples. I do not rule out that this is possible, because a big policy without lies - it almost never happens. Western politicians lie very often and we all know such examples, from Colin Powell's test tube to the statements of Boris Johnson. But I do not remember cases when Putin was convicted of proven lies. Maybe I do not know such cases and will you tell them to me?

I'm tired of constantly facing Putin's accusations of lying with the absence of any examples. I do not rule out that this is possible, because a big policy without lies - it almost never happens. Western politicians lie very often and we all know such examples, from Colin Powell's test tube to the statements of Boris Johnson. But I do not remember cases when Putin was convicted of proven lies. Maybe I do not know such cases and will you tell them to me?

Ah, you want cases of when Putin was CONVICTED of lying huh?

Putin could kill 1000 people right outside the Kremlin, have it recorded on TV for the whole of Russia to see, and he still wouldn't get convicted.

Putin could kill 1000 people right outside the Kremlin, have it recorded on TV for the whole of Russia to see, and he still wouldn't get convicted.

So you do not have proven examples of Putin's lies? OK.

You're playing semantics.

You're taking a guy who A) worked for the KGB under the USSR where he'd be immune of committing crimes unless it annoyed the politburo and B) a guy who has basically become dictator of the country.

So he's only had a 10 year window where he could actually get convicted in the first place.

It is usually based on empirical evidence. In order to prove someone is lying, you need to acquire a set of facts that contradict statements, and as ex-KGB, Putin is very careful in what he says and facts are often hard to come by in anything Putin is involved in. And anyone who seems to know anything contrary to Putin's position often seems to meet with unfortunate circumstances.

as ex-KGB, Putin is very careful in what he says and facts are often hard to come by in anything Putin is involved in.

So. With this I agree. But caution in choosing words or when a person does not speak the whole truth, giving a one-sided assessment - this is not a lie. And Putin is often accused of lying. So I'm interested in examples of Putin's revealed lies.

It is usually based on empirical evidence

The variant of the charge is convincing empirical data too. But only in the presence of objective empirical evidence, not allegations.

Putin is an authoritarian dictator and people that make excuses for his actions are sad sacks of shit.

Putin is an authoritarian dictator and people that make excuses for his actions are sad sacks of shit.

The next accuser can not communicate culturally and without insults. Also a very typical example. When a person does not have a solid foundation under his own opinion, then instead of proving he begins to be rude.

You must be kidding. I didn't even have to think twice, Alexander Litvinenko was murdered in Britain and multiple Russian politicians denied culpability even though the plutonium was traced to a Russian reactor and no one gets whacked without Putins approval.

I could list as many as were needed, from reasons for entering Crimea to denials of relationships in Syria and with various splinter groups.

He is former KGB and he wants to bring Russia back to Super Power status with immense global influence. These former spies might know the risks they take, but Putin pretends that agencies aren't aware of his orders. Lies might fool the public but those behind the scenes who need to know, do know. Putin knows this, but he lies anyways.

Display this image in Russia and you will get thrown in jail. The far right that fellates putin wants authoritarian rule like this to come to the west. Its not going to happen.

hqtbzrxzh3jom1nieq9b.jpg

I didn't even have to think twice, Alexander Litvinenko was murdered in Britain

Can you give examples of Putin's lies? Not hypothetical charges against him, I'm perfectly familiar with them, but examples of proven lies in his words? Do you understand the difference? Or an electronic translator can not convey this question accurately?

I didn't even have to think twice, Alexander Litvinenko was murdered in Britain

Can you give examples of Putin's lies? Not hypothetical charges against him, I'm perfectly familiar with them, but examples of proven lies in his words? Do you understand the difference? Or an electronic translator can not convey this question accurately?

You mean it has to be proven that Putin gave the order to the SVR to kill a former agent with a $10M vial of plutonium? They have identified the two people who committed the crime and found traces in their hotel rooms, plane rides etc.

So it's one of two things, either Putin gave the order, or there are billionaires who buy $10M plutonium from Russia and defy Putin and kill a British citizen anyways. Who are you trying to fool here? Putin runs the show, he knows he gave the order, you know he gave the order, and of course, he subsequently lied about it.

You mean it has to be proven that Putin gave the order to the SVR to kill a former agent with a $10M vial of plutonium?

No. I'm looking for examples when Putin lied. But not accusations of his cruelty, murders and the like. Do you understand that in general, honesty and cruelty are orthogonal concepts? A person can be an honest tyrant, or maybe a deceitful liberal.

Forum List

Back