Can someone call the cases when Putin lied?

Sure, but really, do you want to be buying that many big macs?

This is simply one of the simplest ways to roughly compare the purchasing power of currencies in different countries. Although he is far from ideal, because he does not take into account many other expenses in the country, such as education in schools, medicine, kindergartens, higher education (in Russia all this is free of charge), etc.

Yes, I understand.

It makes sense, in a certain way.

But yes there are many things to consider and different people will look at different things in order to say what is good and what is bad.

Where is your industry?
Where is your high tech trade?

Putin has kept you in the 80s

Russia in the field of high technology has already gone far from the level of the USSR. And, by the way, still keeps leadership before China. This is China buys technology in Russia, and not vice versa :)

Of course, in the field of microelectronics we are lagging behind the West. But it was almost always, with rare exceptions. And 15 years of devastation only increased this gap. But, nevertheless, even in this area, Russia has advanced strongly.

In the Kaliningrad region, I lived in a small regional center for 27 thousand people. City Gusev. So, even there in the 2000s, a plant for the production of electronic components was built. And this year they launch the SSD production line :)

Yes, perhaps life is more expensive in Lithuania, but maybe things function better there. You pay for what you get.

This is an assessment of wealthy people. For ordinary people, free services are much more attractive than paid ones, even better ones :)

In Lithuania, according to the statements of Eurostat, 30.1% of the population live below the poverty line. In Russia it is 15%. As in the USA.

By the way, comparing with the US. People living below the poverty line in Russia receive all public free services. From medicine and education to solid payments for the birth of children (money that the state pays for two children born enough to purchase an apartment in a non-large city). And is there free medical care for Americans living below the poverty line?

But yes there are many things to consider and different people will look at different things in order to say what is good and what is bad.

In Russia, of course, a lot of bad. I, as an IT person, hate the growth of various restrictions and prohibitions on the Internet. In Russia, a very high mortality from fires. We have a bizarre level of bureaucracy - to get paid for the second child, I had to wait more than a month. At us the level of school education has fallen, in comparison with the USSR. And so on and so forth. But it's funny that the West does not cover almost all of these problems. And, on the contrary, things that are either very outdated or have never been anything serious are constantly propagated :) Such superficial assessments greatly undermine the trust of ordinary Russians towards the West. And they lead to constant political blunders of the West in attempts to influence Russia's internal affairs.

You're taking a guy who A) worked for the KGB under the USSR where he'd be immune of committing crimes unless it annoyed the politburo and B) a guy who has basically become dictator of the country
A) Being exCIA is ok for you? So why being exKGB(FSB) is a sin?
B) A very impressive "dictator"! The one widely supported by citizens, the one had been able to stop the war in Chechnya, the one who stopped people's suffering of poverty and hunger, the one who increased every macroeconomical index greatly. And which is most important and the main reason of western attack - Putin and his team stopped robbing of Russia by western companies
I do vote for such kind of dictatorship!

"
Putin and his team stopped robbing of Russia by western companies
"
Or, more precisely, Jews.

Marc Rich and the Rape of Russia
The real Larry Summers scandal?
Stanley Fischer’s role in piratizing Russia’s wealth

Again.

You're taking a guy who A) worked for the KGB under the USSR where he'd be immune of committing crimes unless it annoyed the politburo and B) a guy who has basically become dictator of the country
A) Being exCIA is ok for you? So why being exKGB(FSB) is a sin?
B) A very impressive "dictator"! The one widely supported by citizens, the one had been able to stop the war in Chechnya, the one who stopped people's suffering of poverty and hunger, the one who increased every macroeconomical index greatly. And which is most important and the main reason of western attack - Putin and his team stopped robbing of Russia by western companies

I didn't say working for the KGB was a sin.

Is Putin "widely supported by citizens"? Then why does he need to diddle the elections if he's so popular? Why does he need to kill people who oppose him?

So, western companies aren't robbing Russia, but Putin is. You don't even get to decide who does the robbing.

Yes, Putin has steadily improved things in Russia.

Look at this however. Russia today has a GDP per capita of $27,000.

Latvia also has a GDP of $27,000, Lithuania $31,000, Estonia $31,000, Poland $29,000, Czech Republic $35,000, Slovakia $32,000.

These countries are doing better than Russia or the same, and yet they don't have the natural resources of Russia. Russia should be RICH... why isn't it?
Putin has hurt Russia economically.

When the USSR fell, the west offered economic opportunities, trade deals and partnerships that should have allowed Russia to expand its wealth
Putin pushed it all away, invaded Crimea and the Ukraine.

Now, Russia has few allies and is isolated

Well, when the USSR fell the US gave a lot of money to former Warsaw Pact countries, but not to Russia, Russia was seen as the enemy.

During the 1990s when Yeltsin was in power and Russia had the chance to rejoin the "democratic world" let by the great "democratic" country like the US, Russia suffered a lot.

I understand the argument that Putin has done a lot for Russia. However I also understand the argument that he's held Russia back. He's done both.

Russia needed strong leadership, the sort of leadership that Yeltsin, with his alcohol, was never going to give. Countries who have never had democracy before can't just jump straight into democracy and expect it to succeed.
Democracy? Are you kidding? Look where democracy has gotten us.

Jews love "democracy" because, since Jews control the press, majority rule means Jews rule; they have us dancing like trained monkeys.

Just consider all the fools who now hate Russia. And they don't even know why. We have no trade disputes with Russia. No religious conflicts. No border disputes. We've never been at war with Russia, yet here we are, on the brink of war with Russia, a nuclear superpower. It's just like Orwell's 1984. One day the New York Times tells us to hate Russia, and the next day, we do.

Ask the average "well-informed" American who believes Russia is a threat what, exactly, it is that makes Russia such a threat. They'll mumble something about interfering in our election--a charge so laughably pathetic I sometimes wonder whether Haim Saban and George Soros and Sumner Redstone and Michael Eisner and the rest of the Jewish media moguls and billionaires have a secret gambling pool where they dare each other to get us to swallow ever more grotesque absurdities.

Hey, New York Times, I dare you to undo a decade of racial progress by making a martyr out of an 80 IQ 280 lb human waste of a better-off-dead thug and demonize white people, and white civic virtue in the same story. (NYT: Yer on!) Hey Washington Post, I dare you to ignite a war between the two largest most powerful white Christian countries over a $30k ad buy on the Internet--no, no, make it Facebook, haha, right Mark?--and get the battle to occur in Syria (which, remember, Jews deserve, thanks to our chosenness).

The fact of the matter is: Jews have wreaked havoc in Russia. Without Jews, Bolshevism would have never happened and 66 million white Christian upper class Russians wouldn't have been branded "Alt-Right", er, "enemies of the people", and ruthlessly slaughtered by the alien race among them.

And here's why Jews hate Putin. The Jews (with the assistance of Larry Summers and some other Jewish academics from Harvard helping) were busy stripping Russia of every bit of wealth left in the wake of the collapse of the system they, themselves (with the help of Jewish money in the US and Sweden) , had enslaved Russia with. The drunk and weak Yeltsin was not a man capable of interfering with the looting. He proved so pathetic he couldn't even keep up the role of a puppet, and so the oligarchs picked a young, promising ethnic Russian fast-rising KGB agent to step in and keep the gravy train going: Vladimir Putin. But they miscalculated. Once in power. Putin refused to betray his people. He was a patriot and a Christian, and he turned on them. He betrayed the enemies of his people, the Jews, and they have been gnashing their teeth with a white hot hatred ever since.

That's why the true Russian loves Putin, and why the Jews have all you idiot Americans hating him.

I hope Trump is our Putin.

Yes, perhaps life is more expensive in Lithuania, but maybe things function better there. You pay for what you get.

This is an assessment of wealthy people. For ordinary people, free services are much more attractive than paid ones, even better ones :)

In Lithuania, according to the statements of Eurostat, 30.1% of the population live below the poverty line. In Russia it is 15%. As in the USA.

By the way, comparing with the US. People living below the poverty line in Russia receive all public free services. From medicine and education to solid payments for the birth of children (money that the state pays for two children born enough to purchase an apartment in a non-large city). And is there free medical care for Americans living below the poverty line?

Poverty lines and the like have to be understood.

Seven Facts about Poverty in Lithuania

"Very few people in Lithuania are desperately poor. Extreme or desperate poverty isn’t common in Lithuania, less than one percent of the population lives on less than one dollar a day."

"Poverty in Lithuania is widespread but shallow. While very few Lithuanians are extremely poor, many live in moderate poverty. Lithuania’s poverty line is set at LTL 811 ($265), and around 20 percent of the population lives below this measure."

Poverty Rate in Russia Jumps to 16%

"Percentage-wise, that means 15.9 percent of Russians are now living below the poverty line, "

So I've got 16% and 20% for Russia and Lithuania, rather than 30% and 15%.

However these figures are changing all the time, figures are seasonal too.

Overall Russia has an average life expectancy of 69.83, while Lithuania has 73.07. At the same time Lithuania has a higher suicide rate, one of the highest in the world, Russia's not that far behind in the rankings, but 26.1 for Lithuania compared to 17.9 for Russia, compared to 12.6 for the US, 7.4 for the UK.

Russia spends 6.5% of GDP on healthcare compared to 6.2% for Lithuania.

Lots of statistics, lots of opinions, but at the end of the day, Russia should probably be doing better economically with all that oil money.

In Russia, of course, a lot of bad. I, as an IT person, hate the growth of various restrictions and prohibitions on the Internet. In Russia, a very high mortality from fires. We have a bizarre level of bureaucracy - to get paid for the second child, I had to wait more than a month. At us the level of school education has fallen, in comparison with the USSR. And so on and so forth. But it's funny that the West does not cover almost all of these problems. And, on the contrary, things that are either very outdated or have never been anything serious are constantly propagated :) Such superficial assessments greatly undermine the trust of ordinary Russians towards the West. And they lead to constant political blunders of the West in attempts to influence Russia's internal affairs.

You have to remember that most Americans think the world looks like America. They went into Iraq thinking they were the liberators, and expected all Iraqis to think in the same manner. They were totally unable to change their mindset on it even after years of suffering heavy losses.

Americans like things easy. A photo of a bread line tells them lots. Actually having to read an article which suggests that education might not be as good as it used to be isn't going to work much for them because you'd then have to consider your own education system and then realize that education is difficult to quantify.

US universities will quantify, making ranking lists of universities and put themselves at the top of the pile and so on, but they want their attacks nice and simple, usually made up too.

Forum List

Back