Can ideas be evil?

I would guess brain wiring may be stronger for this in some brains.

I dont see the point unless you have trauma like the one poster said

Can you control your dreams?

Anybody can, it is called lucid dreaming.

It's a learned thing.

I taught myself though...so that makes me SPECIAL dammit.

Actually, I think my mom might have planted the seed...I think she might have told me to exert control in my scary dreams, and that's when I started working on it.

Cuz I had some scary-assed dreams...and sometimes, I wasn't even completely asleep...think giant spiders and strange shadowy killers with axes, and drowning, and car wrecks, and zombies chasing...and I was just a little kid!

I still have these incredibly intricate dreams with well defined characters and a definite plot...often murder-mystery plots (understandable, I do read quite a few thrillers). I also dream music, and colors, and of flying!

Once in a while a bad dream will catch me unawares and I won't realize, in my dream, that I'm dreaming, and I'll wake up and have a moment of OHMIGOD oh thank goodness, it's just a dream...

And those are enjoyable too, if only because of the immense relief when they aren't true.

Sky here's a little tidbit for you..my girlfriends used to make me read tarot cards in the bar. I told them it was all hooey, but I'm really good at it. I don't have to know somebody but I can read tarot and make it apply to them whether I know them or not. Its all about *universal truth* and being observant.

All sort of the same stuff as the dreams...recognizing and picking up on cues, manipulation of symbols, that sort of thing.

Can you control your dreams?

It's a learned thing.

Actually, I think my mom might have planted the seed...I think she might have told me to exert control in my scary dreams, and that's when I started working on it.

Cuz I had some scary-assed dreams...and sometimes, I wasn't even completely asleep...think giant spiders and strange shadowy killers with axes, and drowning, and car wrecks, and zombies chasing...and I was just a little kid!

I still have these incredibly intricate dreams with well defined characters and a definite plot...often murder-mystery plots (understandable, I do read quite a few thrillers). I also dream music, and colors, and of flying!

Once in a while a bad dream will catch me unawares and I won't realize, in my dream, that I'm dreaming, and I'll wake up and have a moment of OHMIGOD oh thank goodness, it's just a dream...

And those are enjoyable too, if only because of the immense relief when they aren't true.

Sky here's a little tidbit for you..my girlfriends used to make me read tarot cards in the bar. I told them it was all hooey, but I'm really good at it. I don't have to know somebody but I can read tarot and make it apply to them whether I know them or not. Its all about *universal truth* and being observant.

All sort of the same stuff as the dreams...recognizing and picking up on cues, manipulation of symbols, that sort of thing.

The hardest part was learning to recognizing dreaming. I discovered a secret that always works for me and that lets me jump into the controlling the dream.

I am working on controlling other people's dreams now. Still haven't figured out how to get into them, once I do that I will have inception beat.

It's a learned thing.

The hardest part was learning to recognizing dreaming. I discovered a secret that always works for me and that lets me jump into the controlling the dream.

I am working on controlling other people's dreams now. Still haven't figured out how to get into them, once I do that I will have inception beat.

Scare the shit out of them enough times, you'll make your way into their dreams.

250px-Freddy_Krueger.JPG
That's how freddy did it!

Yea...

... ideas can be evil...

... like when Hitler got the big idea...

... to kill alla Jews...

... obviously he didn't read `bout what happened...

... to Haman in Ester inna Bible when he tried dat stunt...

Here's sumpin to chew on when ya tryin' to figger if dey's a God or not...

... how many did Jews did Hitler kill inna Holocaust? Six million, right?...

... kinda funny how dat's the number of Jews in Israel now.
:cool:

If I think about raping a woman, but dont follow through, is there anyone who would seriously argue that my thoughts werent evil? Im not talking something random and out of line pops into your head that you immediately ignore. Im talking seriously dwelling on such thoughts and ideas. It's evil.

There is a reason the Sermon on the Mount teaches that to think improperly is like acting improperly. Because our thoughts determine who we are and what we say and do.

Yes. Thoughts and Ideas can be evil.

You have to train yourself to do it. We call it "dream yoga" in Buddhism. I've had some training but not much practice in it.

KG is getting impressive results.

Once I understood the concept it took me about 3 nights to use it.

I was a very young kid when I learned how to do it.

I taught myself.

I don't think everybody can do it. Just like not everybody dreams about flying...not everybody can control their dreams.

But then, not everybody needs or wants to. If you don't have an alarming dream life, there's no need to control your dreams, and you might not be able to.

I've controlled my dreams before. Doesnt happen often. Of course, i doubt im trying much. But it's pretty cool to realize you are dreaming and then start doing stuff.

If I think about raping a woman, but dont follow through, is there anyone who would seriously argue that my thoughts werent evil? Im not talking something random and out of line pops into your head that you immediately ignore. Im talking seriously dwelling on such thoughts and ideas. It's evil.

There is a reason the Sermon on the Mount teaches that to think improperly is like acting improperly. Because our thoughts determine who we are and what we say and do.

Yes. Thoughts and Ideas can be evil.

Good point.

Forum List

Back