Can ideas be evil?

The first allows for the oppression of people through a society of equals.

The other allows the oppression of people through a cadre of comrades.

how does libertarianism allow for any oppression?

How does it not, ipso facto? Justice comes through the laws of a democratic republic of We the People dedicated to social justice. Libertarians claim their philosophy to be valueless, but such is not the case. The value is the strong oppress the weak.

So allowing the people to be free oppressed them?

How does it not, ipso facto? Justice comes through the laws of a democratic republic of We the People dedicated to social justice. Libertarians claim their philosophy to be valueless, but such is not the case. The value is the strong oppress the weak.

Lack of law allows the strong to oppress the weak, yes.

Too many laws allows the strong to oppress the weak.

You gave yourself away with ......"social justice". Rev. Wright is a promoter of "social justice". This explains your deliberate attempts to twist scripture to say something it doesn't say.

Jake's an anti-Christian lunatic, and a liar to boot.

Don't take him seriously, nobody does.

Jake has already fallen down trying to knock me out. He's a lightweight and has fits of grandeur.

Libertarianism is evil.

Communism is evil.

While I'm not a libertarian, I would not agree that libertarianism is evil. I would agree, however, that communism is evil.

Go ahead and try to oppress a libertarian sometime, just don't expect to walk away from it. By the way, communism isn't about suppression either. Please save yourself some embarrassment and don't try to point to the Soviet Union or China as example of how communism suppresses people, neither is actually communism.

Social justice is another name for totalitarianism.

You gave yourself away with ......"social justice". Rev. Wright is a promoter of "social justice". This explains your deliberate attempts to twist scripture to say something it doesn't say.

Jake's an anti-Christian lunatic, and a liar to boot.

Don't take him seriously, nobody does.

You forgot to mention he is a totalitarian and believes the government should impose order on people.

Lack of law also allows the weak to band together and defeat the strong. Laws are not meant to defend people from power, if they were no police agency in this country would object to people filming them doing their jobs.

"righteous" anger is a bad idea.

You think being angry because someone is beating up gay people is a bad idea? Maybe the problem is you don't actually understand the term righteous anger.

The two terms don't go together.

There is no righteous anger. There is just anger. Righteous anger is merely anger with an excuse.

Nothing wrong with anger. Anger isn't a sin. The Bible says God gets angry. If God can get angry then there must be righteous anger.

I am saving this, Burford, for the next time you lie.

He lies all the time. He's continually telling me I've said things that I haven't said. Example, "Mohammed is my hero".

That's only ONE of his lies.

He must have taken lessons from you then, you're an absolute pro at that! ;)

You should put up or shut up. If you have proof of some "lie" you think I've told then provide it.

Otherwise, quit the cheap shots.

He lies all the time. He's continually telling me I've said things that I haven't said. Example, "Mohammed is my hero".

That's only ONE of his lies.

He must have taken lessons from you then, you're an absolute pro at that! ;)

You should put up or shut up. If you have proof of some "lie" you think I've told then provide it.

Otherwise, quit the cheap shots.

It's well known about you Sky.. just go read your own responses to most people. ;) It's one of the reasons I'll rarely make the effort to converse with you.

And I'll post as I please, I don't take orders from you. :tongue:

I have heard certain LDS try to rewrite scripture as judge not with righteous anger.

Wrong, period.

Forum List

Back