Can I get some thoughts from our Vets?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Can I get some thoughts from our Vets out there on this statement?

From a liberal "buddy":

"I will say that it is amazing that the greatest millitary ever in history was able to squash a millitary that we destroyed once already and that has had world sanctions against it for 14++ years.. yup thats like me going up to a retarded kid in a wheel chair with one wheel and kicking the shit out of him =)"

-Cp said:

From a liberal "buddy":

"I will say that it is amazing that the greatest millitary ever in history was able to squash a millitary that we destroyed once already and that has had world sanctions against it for 14++ years.. yup thats like me going up to a retarded kid in a wheel chair with one wheel and kicking the shit out of him =)"

Moronic. Regardless of the abilities of the Iraqi Army, they still had weapons, they still had some willpower to fight (though not all of them) and people still died - including some friends of mine. So if I were talking to this guy, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to go fuck off.

You needed a veteran to tell you that was a horribly inaccurate statement?

Softball, hit it out of the park, Jeff =P

-Cp said:
"I will say that it is amazing that the greatest millitary ever in history was able to squash a millitary that we destroyed once already and that has had world sanctions against it, which it did not abide by, for 14++ years.. yup thats like me going up to a retarded kid in a wheel chair with one wheel and kicking the shit out of him =)"

Fixed his statement ;)

There was one major thing wrong with the Iraqi army, its leadership. The army itself did fight and there were some major engagements that were never covered in the news.

They new we were coming, but they expected a massive air campaign as had happened in the first gulf war. So all their tanks and equipment was parked and concealed. So they weren't ready for a ground assault first followed by the airstrikes.

Saddam and his imbicile kids were incharge, thats why we rolled over them so easily.

Your "buddy" is obviously a military hater. Lose him.

Nobody had any doubts that our army would easily defeat the Iraqi army, they had only gotten worse after the Gulf War and our technology had only improved.

It is the occupation that some of us expected to be the hard part for the troops because even with all the technology in the world, if the enemy is blending in with surrounding civilians, it will be tough to beat him.

-Cp said:

From a liberal "buddy":

Do us all a favor and punch that ignorant fucktard in the nose.

NightTrain said:
Do us all a favor and punch that ignorant fucktard in the nose.

:)

To me, it was irritating because him saying that made it sound as if our troops didn't do any hard work or that it was somehow "easy"...

Don't forget that the iraqis got weapons,parts and technology from France and Russia....oh yeah and don't forget the money from the oil for food program that went in to buying weapons and funding terrorism.

Forum List

Back