Can anyone really argue Gary Johnson is not the best candidate on the ballot?

Johnson is quite realistic for a Libertarian, Weld even more so. They were both successful governors. I don't believe Johnson would go full retard Libertarian if elected, and would be limited by Congress anyways. We could elect much worse (Trump). They are worth a serious look IMO.
What the two are is left of center democrats, cynically hiding behind the libertarian label.

Not at all. They are moderate Libertarians. Just for an example their tax policy is not Democratic.

Gary Johnson will hurt the already fragile identity libertarians have, by moving a party full of libertarians closer to mainstream politics.
Running as an option to "mainstream politics" is why the LP was created.

And why the libertarian party is awful.

If it experiences any kind of success, then it becomes just another group of shitheads on capitol hill.

I'd happily drive anyone committed to voting for Gary or Stein to the polling station and back home.
at least 80% of their votes are a vote Hillary doesn't get.

And why the libertarian party is awful.

If it experiences any kind of success, then it becomes just another group of shitheads on capitol hill.
So you become a reputedly viable option by being just like everyone else. :lmao:

Gary Johnson will hurt the already fragile identity libertarians have, by moving a party full of libertarians closer to mainstream politics.
Running as an option to "mainstream politics" is why the LP was created.

Remember there are different Libertarian outlooks, just like Repubs abd Dems have different factions so do Libertarians. Personal freedom is first but that doesn't mean anarchy and no govt.

Remember there are different Libertarian outlooks, just like Repubs abd Dems have different factions so do Libertarians. Personal freedom is first but that doesn't mean anarchy and no govt.

A consistent libertarian is an anarchist.

At least by my definition. Practically none of the libertarian party has actual anarchists.

The LP has never been about anarchy. That's its problem.

Having different outlooks never included watering down the platform and message to the point that the LP is indistinguishable from the (D)s & (R)s. We already have two heavily statist parties, having a third is worthless.

A consistent libertarian is an anarchist.

At least by my definition. Practically none of the libertarian party has actual anarchists.
Pure crap.

Libertarians are always for some form of government. Anarchists reject the state as illegitimate.

Libertarians are always for some form of government. Anarchists reject the state as illegitimate.

Slow down chap. I am more connected in this community than you are.

If the goal of libertarianism is maximizing free will and liberty, then that can only exist in anarchy.

Hence, a consistent libertarian is anarchist.

If the goal of libertarianism is maximizing free will and liberty, then that can only exist in anarchy.

I suggested to an anarchist once that he could do whatever he wanted to as long as I could do the same. LOLLOL!
You should have watched him back-peddle. LOL!

The LP has never been about anarchy. That's its problem.

Having different outlooks never included watering down the platform and message to the point that the LP is indistinguishable from the (D)s & (R)s. We already have two heavily statist parties, having a third is worthless.

Moderate Libertarian is not indistinguishable from D and R. It is still much less govt. control than Ds and Rs. Abolishing the IRS and going to a consumption tax is hardly Ds and Rs. Keeping some govt. agencies that are needed to protect personal rights vs. no govt agencies is moderate

I suggested to an anarchist once that he could do whatever he wanted to as long as I could do the same. LOLLOL!
You should have watched him back-peddle. LOL!

That guy is a fake anarchist.

You cannot be a real anarchist and not have an answer to that.

Moderate Libertarian is not indistinguishable from D and R. It is still much less govt. control than Ds and Rs. Abolishing the IRS and going to a consumption tax is hardly Ds and Rs. Keeping some govt. agencies that are needed to protect personal rights vs. no govt agencies is moderate

Almost all of them would be considered statists by infamous figures like Ayn Rand though.

Almost all of them would be considered statists by infamous figures like Ayn Rand though.

Well, Libertarians have serious convictions about govt they argue about all the time. Pinning down an agreed amount of govt would be impossible as some want none.

You wouldn't know an anarchist from a Twinkie.

Well, Libertarians have serious convictions about govt they argue about all the time. Pinning down an agreed amount of govt would be impossible as some want none.

I can identify. Anarchists fight and grovel over more than 20 different definitions that describe our ideology.

Anyways, their preferred level of state power is irrelevant. Overtime the roles of the state grow, as long as the platform of the state is legitimized.

Forum List

Back