Can anyone really argue Gary Johnson is not the best candidate on the ballot?

It depends on how you define government.

Classical anarchists, anarcho-communists, and voluntaryists all advocate something that can be defined as a government.

That is why I personally reject the definition that anarchism is no government. It doesn't describe the beliefs of anarchists both past and present.

#2 is an outright lie. No anarchist I know of is in favor of violent overthrow. We're for peaceful voluntary action between adults.

Probably best you cease getting your definitions from people with an interest in smearing anarchists.

Clearly you are uneducated about our history, mate.

Some of us have a proud history of revolution and domestic terrorism.

The only thing I oppose is the machinelike state and its policy of systematic control.

I can identify. Anarchists fight and grovel over more than 20 different definitions that describe our ideology.

Anyways, their preferred level of state power is irrelevant. Overtime the roles of the state grow, as long as the platform of the state is legitimized.
There aren't anywhere near 20 sub groups, and most of us have mutually beneficial goals.

Best quit sputtering about things which you know little to nothing about.

The only thing I oppose is the machinelike state and its policy of systematic control.
Whose "history"? That which has always been written by the statists?

[
Whose "history"? That which has always been written by the statists?

The Revolutionary Insurrectionary Army of Ukraine for starters.

There is also a long list of domestic terrorists that have subscribed themselves to anarchist beliefs. Ted Kaczynski is the most recent.

Also anarcho-punk music often speaks about violent revolution. You cannot get much of a better description than that.

Name them.

Definitions or subgroups?

I'll do a bit of both so you get the idea

Definitions

Anarchism is the abolition of government

Anarchism is the abolition of established government

Anarchism is the abolition of the state

Anarchism is the abolition of leaders

Anarchism is the abolition of rulers

Anarchism is the abolition of hierarchy

Anarchism is the abolition of system

Anarchism is the advocation of total self sufficiency and liberty

Anarchism is the lack of legitimized control

Anarchism is the lack of legal control

Anarchism is peace

Anarchism is love

Anarchism is communism

Anarchism is the free market without hindrance

Ect. I have heard all of those and more in my time

Subgroups

Anarcho-communism

Anarcho-syndicalism

Insurrectionary anarchism

Anarcho-pacifism

Anarcho-capitalism

Voluntaryism

Anarcha-feminism

Anarchism without adjectives

Anarcho-Technocracy

Anarcho-primitivism

You get the idea...

Hence, a consistent libertarian is anarchist.

Within the context of 2016 USA, libertarian simply means supporting less government, from doing away with ObamaCare to legalizing the consumption of plant life, from repealing W's socializing of senior drugs to defunding the "top climate scientists," although one doesn't have to be a libertarian to want to zero out the Global Warmers, one just has to think taxpayer funded fraud is wrong...

I mean, it isn't even close.

Gary had a great record in NM, is a decent, honest, and patriotic American.

He is head and shoulders above any candidate on the ballot. Literally, none of the others even reach his knees....
sorry Dex, but I have to laugh at your thread. Why didn't he join in the GOP race? He won his seat as a GOP right?

He is the best on the ballot. How sad is that?
and your opinion. He's great for me! He's everything that I want in a politician. Honest.

In other words, he isn't fake just to get a vote.

So no guarantee but a lot of speculation?

Anyone who guarantees you how others will vote is full of something... that does not smell good...

Johnson is by far the best candidate on the ballot. He should win on that basis - period

You will get the president Wall Street and the "job creator" class allow, same as it ever was. That's how the system works and real change will never come from the working within the system.
ah, but see that's what makes Trump so attractive. He's actually outside that hell hole.

Never said that. Neither YOU or HE knows what's in it. It would be STUPID to take a stand on something that's been kept secret. And he has not done that.
That's the perfect reason to be against it on general principles, then go on to say that you could possibly be persuaded to be for it, if you ever saw it and agreed the terms.

Why are you inclined to LIE about what's been said then? In principle, trade agreements are a good thing. IF they don't become a tool for Economic Imperialism or regional internal reforms that have NOTHING to do with exchanging goods..

The whole mysterious TPP is a provocation of China. Which is the TARGET of TPP. They were locked out on purpose. And THAT'S why it can't be made public. Gary SHOULD have better instincts than to rely on 2 or 3 people who have advised him on it. Especially since the ONLY folks who KNOW what's in it -- are current govt and Admin members. But all he's said has been that "based on what he's been told, he'd be inclined to support it. But will RESERVE JUDGEMENT until he sees the details."...

Never said --- he'd sign it. Quit lying.. Just because you're an annoying anarchist who doesn't give a fuck about whether ANYTHING ever gets done right or at all.

I mean, it isn't even close.

Gary had a great record in NM, is a decent, honest, and patriotic American.

He is head and shoulders above any candidate on the ballot. Literally, none of the others even reach his knees....

Gary Johnson will hurt the already fragile identity libertarians have, by moving a party full of libertarians closer to mainstream politics.

If that happens, the team would be primaried out at the next election. What America has forgotten is that party affiliations shouldn't be about creating dynasties. It should be about principles. And should Johnson/Weld confuse libertarian liberalism with Progressive solutions -- they will not be available on the next ballot.

That's the way parties SHOULD operate. Not JUST to win and maintain power -- but to govern from a solid and known set of basic principles.

Gary Johnson will hurt the already fragile identity libertarians have, by moving a party full of libertarians closer to mainstream politics.
Running as an option to "mainstream politics" is why the LP was created.

And why the libertarian party is awful.

If it experiences any kind of success, then it becomes just another group of shitheads on capitol hill.

You don't know til you TRY.. What you see right now are 2 HUMBLE guys ASKING to be public servants. No dynasty plans in the wings, no arrogance of EXPECTING your vote. I know America has not seen this in most lifetimes --- but THAT is how folks should ASK to serve.

Hey Dude, if Gary Johnson is straight enough to hold a pen and someone is holding a joint, he will sign anything. Addicts sell their children. Selling the country is nothing.

Libertarians are always for some form of government. Anarchists reject the state as illegitimate.

Slow down chap. I am more connected in this community than you are.

If the goal of libertarianism is maximizing free will and liberty, then that can only exist in anarchy.

Hence, a consistent libertarian is anarchist.

That's not correct at all. Libertarians start with a complete embrace of the Constitution and all of it's amendments. They embrace a VIBRANT and working judicial system. Just because folks like the AnCaptain are here because they don't HAVE CANDIDATES actually ready to serve in a govt BUILT on those documents -- and are ATTRACTED to libertarian activity -- does not mean we all have to be political nihilists. Ron Paul is no "anarchist".

Anarchists don't OWN party HQs in Wash D.C. Anarchists couldn't organize a grade school bake sale. There's big difference. Anarchists don't have a CATO institute or an IJ doing cutting edge policy analysis and innovation.

Ain't that way. You've never invested the time to find out WHAT libertarian principles are.

#2 is an outright lie. No anarchist I know of is in favor of violent overthrow. We're for peaceful voluntary action between adults.

Probably best you cease getting your definitions from people with an interest in smearing anarchists.

A proud history of revolution and domestic terrorism????????????? :eek-52: You anarchists are just so darn tough on the Internet. Making fun of folks who want to preserve America and it's founding ideals. Why the HELL do you CARE about ANY political ticket? Don't slime the LParty with your "domestic terrorism" ejaculations. Go do what every anarchist does in a political season --- gripe and lecture and fantasize about the "big nothing" that you worship.

That's the way parties SHOULD operate. Not JUST to win and maintain power -- but to govern from a solid and known set of basic principles

When the public voted for W, they voted to continue the work of Reagan and Gingrich. They got 180 degrees the opposite, complete with the W Administration lying about cost and threatening the actuary to "shut up or else" to pass socialization of senior drugs, which has filled our high schools with taxpayer funded pills - LoreTab, Perkaset etc...

Forum List

Back