Can any of you lefties...

explain to me why I should give a crap about retired or fired people keeping a security clearance? What do I gain from that?
The idea is that they have a lot of knowledge and experience, and it is desirable that they have the clearance required to consult on national security issues.

explain to me why I should give a crap about retired or fired people keeping a security clearance? What do I gain from that?
The idea is that they have a lot of knowledge and experience, and it is desirable that they have the clearance required to consult on national security issues.

Fired people will consult?

Maybe if Hillary The Hag was POTUS.

Like a lot of ideas, it sounded like a good idea at the time. When it gets to the point where individuals are abusing the privilege...time to pull the clearance.

It’s a non-topic. But if you want an example…

If the government and it’s institutions are corrupt, and you need advice on a sensitive matter, they will need clearance to see what you wish to show them. Strip the clearance of anyone not in the “corrupt government” and you’re limited to the “corrupt” institutions.

Who thinks the government is corrupt? You do:

The bigger it gets the more corrupt it gets. Isn’t all that is happening with the government a good argument for why it needs shrunk?

If you’re going to have a policy of leaving your SC when you leave your post; great. Strip them all though; just not the ones who disagree with you. Does HR McMaster still have his? It seems to me this would be one of the guys you’d like to have around…if not by virtue of his position, by virtue of his distinguished service.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 10.20.56 PM.png

PS: Was it good or bad that John Bolton apparently still had his clearance when he was hired by the blob?

The conventional (and correct) wisdom is that the more experienced eyes that look at something, the better. Having to rely on Jared Kusner’s extensive experience in geopolitics and other political appointees is probably not the path you want to go down.

Strip them if you like but if you’re going to strip them; strip all of the former officials.

Yes, fired people. I'm sure that could be different for different firings. Trump is setting precedent, politicizing the clearance as he is. You obviously support his efforts.

Yes, fired people. I'm sure that could be different for different firings. Trump is setting precedent, politicizing the clearance as he is. You obviously support his efforts.

Absolutely!!!

Absolutely!!!
Well you are making a mistake.

Absolutely!!!
Well you are making a mistake.

Sorry you see it that way.

So they were fired and we will bring them back into consult?

How high are you right now man really?

Put down the crack pipe bro.

So they were fired and we will bring them back into consult?
Absolutely. A simple firing from the top position is not to say they are not fit to consult.Especially when you consider why they were fired and by whom. Certainly no company or rational person not drowned in the hooch that is trump cultism would believe it makes them unfit to consult. .

Well, we could discuss Comey, Mueller, Brennan or a few others.
Yes we could, if you would explain the abuse of which you speak.

Every American has the green light to spew opinions.
john brennan lied under oath - Bing video
CIA director John Brennan lied to you and to the Senate. Fire him | Trevor Timm
And you are going to tell me that this is why he was fired? You can't really believe that. And none of that represents abuse of a security clearance, anyway. So you are way off target, all of a sudden.

Forum List

Back