Can Alternatives/Renewables Improve Upon THIS?

The cyinic without a search function.

How ironic.
The point was not that total emissions could be googled, the point was that you needed to use a subset of total emissions to get the numbers you wanted.

How ironic.
The point was not that total emissions could be googled, the point was that you needed to use a subset of total emissions to get the numbers you wanted.

If the EPA didn't provide it, you get off you lazy ass and go get it.

Otherwise stick to the material at hand. It's what I provided via EPA.

While you're at it, tell me why that EPA graph doesn't show efficiencies and economies from a predominantly hydrocarbon society.

Fuck if you were my student you'd be out on your ass with an F grade.

But since you're just my Cub Scout bitch, I'll give you a break.

How ironic.

If the EPA didn't provide it, you get off you lazy ass and go get it.

Otherwise stick to the material at hand. It's what I provided via EPA.

While you're at it, tell me why that EPA graph doesn't show efficiencies and economies from a predominantly hydrocarbon society.

Fuck if you were my student you'd be out on your ass with an F grade.

But since you're just my Cub Scout bitch, I'll give you a break.
But the EPA did provide info that YOU did not include. If you notice aggregate emissions does not include CO2, among others, which is a byproduct of hydrocarbon usage. Your chart only includes those byproducts that are regulated by the EPA

You would not be qualified to teach in any school I attended, and I feel sorry for any students who have the misfortune of getting you to misinform them.

Despite great progress in air quality improvement, approximately 124 million people nationwide lived in counties with pollution levels above the primary NAAQS in 2010.

Number of People Living in Counties with Air Quality
Concentrations Above the Level of the NAAQS in 2010

peoplechart2010.jpg

The reason we are pumping so much into renewables is because the Chinese are. They want to be the future of energy, which, if they were successful, would set them up as the worlds dominate superpower for the foreseeable future. We would end up more dependant on them then we are the ME now.

More dependent on the Chinese for... renewables? :eusa_eh:

Renewables simply can not power economies at the pace hydrocarbons do.
And renewables certainly wouldn't be able to keep up with a growing population with ever-demanding needs.

Taking the graph as illustration, assuming zero hydrocarbon usage, extrapolate those curves 40 years hence. What would we be looking at.

0% emissions? Far out.

Effect on GDP? Catastrophic.

I agree with everything your saying, as it stands right now.But that's the point, we are in an energy race with China to see who can develop the technology 1st, because we all know we are going to need it in the future.

The problem is the Chinese cheat. We would most definately beat them in the race. then, as they allways do, they would reverse engineer and put the inventing company out of business. I say screw it. Let's do that to THEM for once. Let them spend the bazillions of dollars and then we do the reverse engineer route.

I met with my Congressman today and showed him printouts of the above-attached images.

This one immediately caught his eye. He said he will be involved in committee hearings and wants to use it.

Damn I'm good. :D

What are you doing? Thanking all them Republican govenors and hippies in California for their emissions standards? :)

Score that one for states rights lol.

Really I think we have room for improvement with automobiles. Horsepower and weight have soared again. I am not sure the recently approved CAFE replacement standards are tough enough.

I met with my Congressman today and showed him printouts of the above-attached images.

This one immediately caught his eye. He said he will be involved in committee hearings and wants to use it.

What are you doing? Thanking all them Republican govenors and hippies in California for their emissions standards? :)

Really I think we have room for improvement with automobiles. Horsepower and weight have soared again. I am not sure the recently approved CAFE replacement standards are tough enough.

I don't know about that. I bought a Ford T-bird back in 1995 with the 4.6 V8 and so long as it was maintained properly it had virtually zero emissions. Of course it emitted CO2 but that's not a problem, the CO and unburned hydrocarbons would be, but even there the emissions were not measurable by the machines of that day.

The reason we are pumping so much into renewables is because the Chinese are. They want to be the future of energy, which, if they were successful, would set them up as the worlds dominate superpower for the foreseeable future. We would end up more dependant on them then we are the ME now.
China is pumping money into renewables because it's a matter of survival. Pollution problems in the US are nothing compared to China.

images

images

ecochinaair350.jpg

Pollution causes 470'000 premature deaths in China every year ? too high a price to pay for industrialization?

I don't know about that. I bought a Ford T-bird back in 1995 with the 4.6 V8 and so long as it was maintained properly it had virtually zero emissions. Of course it emitted CO2 but that's not a problem, the CO and unburned hydrocarbons would be, but even there the emissions were not measurable by the machines of that day.

Hey hey!

I am putting 20k miles a year on a 98 MarkVIII right now which I think is just a dressed up (but now well used) version of your t-bird.

They do burn clean, spark plugs last half a decade if not longer nowadays. Just cutting down them ppm.

275 horse from 4.6 liters and it lasts 190k miles still amazes me.

Hey hey!

I am putting 20k miles a year on a 98 MarkVIII right now which I think is just a dressed up (but now well used) version of your t-bird.

They do burn clean, spark plugs last half a decade if not longer nowadays. Just cutting down them ppm.

275 horse from 4.6 liters and it lasts 190k miles still amazes me.

I put 230k on it in 10 years and it is still running strong. I sold it to a friend a few years back and it just keeps getting smoother and smoother. That 4.6 litre is a GREAT engine.
When i forst bought it i had to run it at around 2950 rpm to maintain 90 mph. when i sold it that had dropped to 2750 rpm. Now it will maintain 90 at only 2700.

Forum List

Back