Can a newbie get a break?

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I'm brand new here. I'm a liberal but not one of those limp-wristed, hair-brained, obnoxious green ones. In just reading through many of your threads I think I've found a place where I can communicate. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Keep it civil and intelligent, all opinions are welcomed here, just not stupid cheap shots.

Welcome !:)

Welcome to the board psycho! Just keep on topic - and try not to do too much name calling - we all have differing opinions on all these topics - but try not to resort to that kind of stuff.

Welcome aboard Psychoblues!!!!

Yikes, another LIB!!! we are going to have fun with you!! hehehe! just kidding! like the other members said, keep it on topic and you'll fit right in. without the stupidity of some others that were ONCE on this board, you'll do fine!!! I think you'll like the board, many differences, but great people.

Joan,

I call a spade a spade. My perception is what it is. I can go to great lengths to explain my perception but I can detect fairly quickly whether the description might mean anything to the argument or whether it is best to just truck on. But sometimes I get ahead of myself. Can you dig it?

USMB certainly has the option, as you have so subtly indicated, to throw me out. I certainly hope that will not happen. After all, USMB has been selected as No. 1 in the Free Speech thing. Surely my liberal screeds would be welcome in such an environment, or would they? Really, I want to know.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Surely my liberal screeds would be welcome in such an environment, or would they? Really, I want to know.
Wait a minute, I gotts to look up "screeds"...
"Screed, A long monotonous speech or piece of writing."
Oh, sure, we get that all the time. ;)
Avoid name calling and be prepared to back up any claims you make with a source, be friendly, argue the issues and not the personalities and I'm sure you'll be welcomed.

I'm brand new here. I'm a liberal but not one of those limp-wristed, hair-brained, obnoxious green ones. In just reading through many of your threads I think I've found a place where I can communicate. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Don't pay any attention to them, just renounce your liberal ways, leave the dark side. .................................Nah just kidding.:p:

I'm sure you will be just fine. Welcome.:)

I gotcha, dijetlo. Perhaps my choice of wording is faulty. I will assure you that my "screeds" are not insincere but monotonous they may be. Time will tell whether or not my views might be welcome here. I only do the name calling thing when I feel I'm being catalogued. I am a Bluesman. Everything else, well it's open to interpretation.

USMB certainly has the option, as you have so subtly indicated, to throw me out. I certainly hope that will not happen. After all, USMB has been selected as No. 1 in the Free Speech thing. Surely my liberal screeds would be welcome in such an environment, or would they? Really, I want to know.

Welcome to the board, Psycho! :)

You'll do just fine here. This board wouldn't succeed if it weren't for opposing views. As long as we respect one another and keep it civil things will be fine. Debates can get intense at time, as many of the members are passionate about their beliefs, but that's no reason to stray from civility.

Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy it here!

WOW, thanks jimnyc and ALL the rest!!!!!!!!!

Yall are SHO' NUFF a welcoming bunch. I'll give and take as I hope you all do the same. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!!!

Hey Psycho, you mentioned in another aread that your a Vet too, I would have to say thank you for serving as well!!! doesn't matter whether your Liberal or not, a big thanks is deserved, so thank you!!!!!! :)

I'm "chillin'" janeeng!!!!!! Really, I am. Let's get some sho' nuff American Political dialogue happenin' here. There are many, many more around than the Rush Bush bunch and I hope they are not what dominates this board. With a FOS endorsement that would be a travesty of the award, don't you think?

3 times TDY Viet Nam (no ribbons or medals), Grenada (no ribbons or medals other than distinquished unit citation), Panama (again no ribbons or medals) and Persian Gulf I (ribbons and medals issued but I never got them). 2 years and 1 month permanent party Suwon AFB, South Korea (no real war but still undeclared war, several unit cititations). I know my way around stars and stripes.

Yeah, I'm a vet, a REAL vet. Quite unlike our present CiC that likes to pretend to be a veteran.

Thanks for noticing, janeeng!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Physco, there are not just the rush bush bunch here! trust me there!!! you haven't had the pleasures yet of one of our finest members spillmind!!! :D

Thanks for your service to our country, Psycho!

Not only those who served in wars should get commended though, so should every man and woman who donned a uniform to serve their country - From pencil pushers to military lawyers to the infantry. Those who make the ultimate sacrifice get the ultimate respect, but those who didn't shouldn't be ridiculed for their contribution.

You won't get an argument on that fact from me, jimnyc. I've fought very hard and still fight very hard for the VFW's to admit as full members anyone who has donned the uniform during times of war without regards to their assignments within the "zones", if you know what I mean. Whether or not you drew duty in the "zones" has little to do with your membership in the Armed Forces at the time of American need. But, I'm a liberal, what in heck do I know about the VFW other than I am a life member 5 times qualified yet wondering about my brethren and sistren that because they didn't get the orders but were in position and quite willing yet are still denied. But denial is as American as apple pie, isn't it? Mmmmmm. With vanilla ice cream.

Forum List

Back