Camper vs Camper

We have a vintage 1970s 16 ft trailer that has just enough room for us to sleep and cook a simple meal. It does have a working propane powered fridge. It cost $600 off of craigslist. It's nice to have simple amenities, especially with teenagers. We have some great camping close by, and I can get the trailer set up for a couple of weeks in a spot, and we can go there part time. There are lakes here and I have a modest fishing boat with a 20 hp outboard that I'll bring up too.

Once I get the house paid off, I want to get a niftier vintage trailer. Either a refurbished vintage Canned Ham or a Bambi Airstream, or maybe a Scamp.

images

2trailer.jpg

images

We have a vintage 1970s 16 ft trailer that has just enough room for us to sleep and cook a simple meal. It does have a working propane powered fridge. It cost $600 off of craigslist. It's nice to have simple amenities, especially with teenagers. We have some great camping close by, and I can get the trailer set up for a couple of weeks in a spot, and we can go there part time. There are lakes here and I have a modest fishing boat with a 20 hp outboard that I'll bring up too.

Once I get the house paid off, I want to get a niftier vintage trailer. Either a refurbished vintage Canned Ham or a Bambi Airstream, or maybe a Scamp.

images

2trailer.jpg

images

please say the well dress man on the right is not you......put sandels on your butt and you would look just like the hubby....

Have you ever seen a Teardrop trailer? Great for the minimalist car camper. They have just enough room to sleep in, with a kitchenette hatch thing in the back. Really cool, they've been around since the 1930s. You can buy plans and build your own, or buy one from a manufacturer. Many are made as cottage industries, or by larger manufacturers.

images

images

images

images

2trailer.jpg

images

please say the well dress man on the right is not you......put sandels on your butt and you would look just like the hubby....

No, I pulled these examples of my possible trailers of the future, after my house is paid off. The Airsteam is so cool. They have wood paneling on the inside, they really are great!

If you wanna sleep in a room, then STAY AT HOME!!!

Simple Amenities??? Propane Powered Fridge?????:eek:

I can get the trailer set up for a couple of weeks in a spot, and we can go there part time.
:mad::mad::mad:

What you do is you set it up for two weeks, and only stay in it during the weekends. During the week you just prevent other campers from camping in that spot. You, sir, are what is commonly called a "CAMP-HOG," and are responsible for the rising cost of camping fees designed to prevent such abuse of park resources.

Last edited:
I don't know why you don't backpack in a little ways if you want such a backwoods experience. Developed campgrounds aren't exactly conducive to 'real camping'. There are a lot of partiers and not much privacy.

I don't know why you don't backpack in a little ways if you want such a backwoods experience. Developed campgrounds aren't exactly conducive to 'real camping'. There are a lot of partiers and not much privacy.

Hell, why don't I just parachute into the Amazon! Why didn't I think of that!!

If you idjots wanna camp in a house, why don't you stay freakin' home?

Samson ... I can assure you that Granny will never ruin your camping experience. I don't do camping. Period. :lol:

GOOD!! Stay at home, for christssakes!

You know how much all these Mobil-Home Campers have driven up the price of camping???

TEN $$$ PER NIGHT in Wyoming!!! For RESIDENTS at State Parks!!! this is an OUTRAGE, but keeping the goddamn roads unrutted, and gravelled costs somethin'

OK, I just went camping and I gotta get a few things off my chest.

First, I'm a car camper. I'm not gonna pack all my shit and carry it 20 miles into the woods to get away from it all.

On the other hand, if I'm gonna camp, I'm gonna live in a tent, not some HUGE GODDAMN Trailor Home, with air conditioning, big screen TV, and bowling ally or whatever-the-hell these assholes drive out and park next to my tent, blocking the view, running a loud deisel generator, and choking me with fumes. If I'm really unlucky, the owner's wife will weigh 500 lbs and own 3 yapping dogs.

Which brings me to my question: WHY?

My theory is the owners of these mosterous motor homes are momma's boys: They cannot bear to be away from their surrogot mothers, and their wives demand the comforts of home. SHIT! Buncha fucks are ruining the experience for the rest of us.

LEAVE THE WIMMINS AT HOME, FOR CHRISTSSAKES!!:evil:

I blame b.o. . . . camping hygiene isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Aren't trailer camping and tent camping usually in separate sections of a park? Completely agree about the big rigs spoiling the view . . and the smell . . . and the whole experience.

Good grief, get a Forest Service map and camp away from the campgrounds. Campgrounds are filthy, crowded, disgusting places. But the Forest Service can tell you where the isolated ones are.

I suspect that Samson doesn't so much car camp as live in his car. Just sayin!

And BTW, this "wimmin" can kick your ass primitive camping. I can make a fire anywhere, out of anything, I can cook anything, with essentially nothing on hand. I took my babies, in CLOTH diapers, camping with horses, in a place where there was no water other than a creek. And I took those boys camping thereafter on a regular basis in the Siuslaw National Forest, including during elk season. We didn't even have a car...we stayed at the campsite, and my family took the car back to town (about 40 miles away).

But I have to say.....if I have a camper, I USE IT!

And I took those boys camping thereafter on a regular basis in the Siuslaw National Forest, including during elk season. We didn't even have a car...we stayed at the campsite, and my family took the car back to town (about 40 miles away). !

You know, Allie, no offense, but if your family repeatedly brings you 40 miles out of town and drops you off, it may not be so that you can "go camping."

Aren't trailer camping and tent camping usually in separate sections of a park? Completely agree about the big rigs spoiling the view . . and the smell . . . and the whole experience.

No they are in the SAME sections of the park, especially if you want to be next to a lake (prime camping spots).

There are campsites into which you can only hike.

No they are in the SAME sections of the park, especially if you want to be next to a lake (prime camping spots).

There are campsites into which you can only hike.

That does indeed suck.

Pussies!
I'm telling you, contact the forest service. They'll tell you where the hidden places are.

Forum List

Back