Camper vs Camper

I've done it all when it comes to camping. Slept out under the stars with no tent. Slept in a tent. Slept in a camper. It was all good fun BUT now a days, when I go camping, I much more like the idea of a Hampton Inn.

I thought you had to sleep in a box filled with soil from your homeland.

I'd be interested to hear how you deal with mosqitos, Count Dracula?

BTW: I'm posting this from a Hampton Inn.

When I go out in the woods to work with my three beagles, or I go fishing - anyplace that there are mosquitos, I use a product that you can get from Avon. It's called "Skin So Soft" It smells a little too sweet for a guy but it does a great job of repelling all blood suckers except for vampires. Plus, if you use it, you will look really attractive to a bear if you happen across one who is searching for some dinner.

I've done it all when it comes to camping. Slept out under the stars with no tent. Slept in a tent. Slept in a camper. It was all good fun BUT now a days, when I go camping, I much more like the idea of a Hampton Inn.

I thought you had to sleep in a box filled with soil from your homeland.

I'd be interested to hear how you deal with mosqitos, Count Dracula?

BTW: I'm posting this from a Hampton Inn.

When I go out in the woods to work with my three beagles, or I go fishing - anyplace that there are mosquitos, I use a product that you can get from Avon. It's called "Skin So Soft" It smells a little too sweet for a guy but it does a great job of repelling all blood suckers except for vampires. Plus, if you use it, you will look really attractive to a bear if you happen across one who is searching for some dinner.

I'll try it but if it doesn't work, I'm gonna smear your masquera.

Hey Samson, I don't know much about where you are from, but do you have a lot of national forest near you? If you do, find out the rules and regulations and you might have endless opportunity, around here a person can camp just about anywhere they want within reason. I, like you, prefer seclusion when I go camping. All alone at a shady spot near a creek or a river makes my day. I'd stay the hell out of public campgrounds, they are magnets for trouble, they attract dumbasses and teenagers looking for parties and fights. Like I said though, make sure you find out the rules first, you don't want the cops and forest rangers raining on your parade. Once you find a spot you are particularly fond of, guard it with your life. Don't tell anyone and conceal all evidence of your presence, even tire tracks if you can. Not to sound like a redneck hoosier, but one thing that can screw up a place in your locality is making it inviting or welcoming outsiders into your region. It brings in people who lack respect for other people's backyards or to the other extreme tree-huggers that do their damnedest to keep the people who live near it to use it. One thing that has made the national forest a better place around here that people, who don't know any better, will badmouth is the logging industry. If it weren't for those guys there wouldn't be any roads.

Ahh the "Turtle Tourists"? They are so insecure they take their homes with them.

And if you car camp at a campground, expect no peace esp on a weekend.

I miss backpacking in and camping.....
It was Wunnerful out in WA and OR when I lived there.

I have a massive tent.

eureka%21-n%21ergy-1310-camping-tent.jpg

And I only car camp, or yard camp.

I watched three grown men take 2 hours to put one of those up while the wind was gusting 40 mph.

When you're camping, you need this kind of entertainment..:eusa_eh:

Yeah the entertainment factor of the goofs around you in a drive in campground is pretty good.

OK, I just went camping and I gotta get a few things off my chest.

First, I'm a car camper. I'm not gonna pack all my shit and carry it 20 miles into the woods to get away from it all.

On the other hand, if I'm gonna camp, I'm gonna live in a tent, not some HUGE GODDAMN Trailor Home, with air conditioning, big screen TV, and bowling ally or whatever-the-hell these assholes drive out and park next to my tent, blocking the view, running a loud deisel generator, and choking me with fumes. If I'm really unlucky, the owner's wife will weigh 500 lbs and own 3 yapping dogs.

Which brings me to my question: WHY?

My theory is the owners of these mosterous motor homes are momma's boys: They cannot bear to be away from their surrogot mothers, and their wives demand the comforts of home. SHIT! Buncha fucks are ruining the experience for the rest of us.

LEAVE THE WIMMINS AT HOME, FOR CHRISTSSAKES!!:evil:

Yeah it kinda rips a tent camper's outdoor experience to shreads.

I've had a couple of friends talk me into tenting at places which hosts huge camper trailers or RVs. they were more like an suburban areas than the Great Outdoors. It's better for me to avoid these type of campgrounds than to risk an ax fight with some drunken weekend warrior over a Pineknot or chunk of Oak.

Yeah it kinda rips a tent camper's outdoor experience to shreads.

I've had a couple of friends talk me into tenting at places which hosts huge camper trailers or RVs. they were more like an suburban areas than the Great Outdoors. It's better for me to avoid these type of campgrounds than to risk an ax fight with some drunken weekend warrior over a Pineknot or chunk of Oak.

In late June I was at The Pinnicles Campground in the Shoshone National Forest. I camped next to the shore of thawing lake

I swear to gawd, if I'd sayed more than one fucking night, someone's damn gas generator that put out 100 db noise from 0900-1700 hrs, would have had a serious mid-night accident.........those fuckers liable to catch fire.....it'd be pretty sad to have an underpowered 30ft trailor, but shit happens.

^^^^^^^^^

See whatr fuckers in their 30' trailors and gas generators, and barking dogs, and 2.5 whiny brats have caused???

Don't get up in the middle of the night and walk out to take a leak... or camp at the base of the cliff.

Samson, stop camping where other people are. Step away from the camp grounds!

Well, I'd need company.........company that could pack a red bustier.....

That is a corset...lol. And unless your prepared to get a new one it staying home honey. Camping you get shorts and a t-shirt, hairy legs and underarms and comfortable granny panties.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, I'd need company.........company that could pack a red bustier.....

That is a corset...lol. And unless your prepared to get a new one it staying home honey. Camping you get shorts and a t-shirt, hairy legs and underarms and comfortable granny panties.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hell, I may as well just be with myself then.:tongue:

I gotta have a fire, and most parks won't let you have open fires outside their designated fire rings. Oh I suppose I could get a propane stove, but this means that "THEY" have Won: Some Asshole with a 30' Trailor With a Kitchen, is parking next to the lake, next to MY FIRE RING, and using a nice big picnic table, while I'm trying to fry an egg for 30 minutes on some goddamn portable stove and crawlin' 'round on the ground to eat.

Well, I say FUCK THAT. I'm gonna take THAT fucker's SPOT!!!

Forum List

Back