Camp Democracy: The Bias Experience

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I like war-comics inform us about the drama and passion of the 'crusade' involved with the defense of democracy.

Is such folkloric idealism warranted for an American history filled with questionable deeds?

gi2.jpg

====

"The paramilitary crusaders/patriots known as G.I. Joes were arrayed against the cunning agents of the super-terrorist organization known as Cobra. G.I. Joe and Cobra waged a media and weapons war since World War II, culminating in the capitalism/commercial modern drama under the Trump Administration."

gi1.jpg

"G.I. Joe commander Duke wondered if America deserved such soldiers, since after all, U.S. history was filled with problems such as racism and the near-extermination of Native-Americans. Nevertheless, Duke (and his trusted brother and G.I. Joe ally Snake-Eyes) realized they were the only defense against the anathema of terrorism in the modern world..."

gi3.jpg

"The female Cobra war-consultant known simply as 'Baroness' was as beautiful as she was dangerous. Baroness cared only about driving Duke and Snake-Eyes apart by creating lust in a love-triangle 'game' involving herself. Nevertheless, Duke and Snake-Eyes remained loyal to each other. Baroness wasn't giving up, however; she despised everything about America!"

gi4.jpg

"Duke got the special order to have Baroness killed, but he passed the responsibility onto Snake-Eyes who himself was shockingly reluctant (for the first time!). Snake-Eyes decided to instead drug Baroness and bring her to G.I. Joe headquarters for questioning. Snake-Eyes did not want to kill a woman (even though many many American soldiers had done such things in military history!)."

gi5.jpg

"American citizens got involved too. American movie superstar Tom Cruise made a WWII patriotism-anxiety film, and an Asian-American Internet-blogger decided to start writing about copycat serial-killers and how graphic films encouraged juveniles to commit copycat crimes. It was the age of media after all, and drama/passion could be found just about anywhere --- in an anti-TrumpUSA street-protest, in a Starbucks coffee-shop, on Wall Street, at the World Bank and NATO, you name it."

gi8.jpg

"Magazines featured god-like movie stars in glamorous poses with iconic Hollywood beauties. Movies provided the landscape with 'imagination billboards,' and that's why Cobra agents and other terrorists around the world paid special attention to how movies 'guided' the American psyche. After 9/11, the world was on edge about consumerism in general (since the World Trade Center, a symbol of commerce, was destroyed)."

gi9.jpg

"Cobra eco-terrorist Pythona and her bodyguard (a genetically-insane masked ghoul named Nemesis) decided to plant toxins in the Pacific Ocean to see if the Trump Administration would react objectively. G.I. Joe sailor-soldier Shipwreck spotted Pythona and Nemesis committing the evil deed, so he intercepted them and chased them back to hell. Shipwreck then started doing serious research about the symbolic Exxon-Valdez oil spill which devastated oceanic life."

gi6.jpg

"Americans were in the thick of celebrating sports-glories such as the victory of the underdog Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) in Super Bowl 52 [2018]. Sports was a media trophy, so it contributed to merchandising and consumerism in general. Athletes were role models to American youngsters, so Trump ordered that security-measures be taken at public sports-events such as the Super Bowl and the Winter Olympics (in South Korea) --- to ward off the demons of terrorism. After all, Americans liked encouraging peaceful competitive athletic activities and did not want to be considered 'neglectful' of how sports reflected diplomacy."

gi7.jpg

"Ancient cultures were much more intricate and ornate, but modern civilization was much more ergonomic, efficient, network-intelligent, and business-savvy. G.I. Joe commander Duke and G.I. Joe female field-soldier Lady Jaye decided to do a special culture-mission 'tour' of Haight-Ashbury (iconic hippie-hub in San Francisco, California) to promote the idea of 'fashion-engaged customs' (e.g., Facebook, IKEA, Nickelodeon, etc.). Consumerism was not a 'dumb vanity' to the patriotic G.I. Joes."

gi10.jpg

GOD: America has made consumerism...fun.
SATAN: The G.I. Joes have tackled Cobra handsomely.
GOD: Terrorism is the malady of the modern era.
SATAN: Commerce is not easy to uphold.
GOD: Perhaps Planet Hollywood will create daydreams...
SATAN: The new sci-fi horror-film Alien: Covenant represents diplomacy!
GOD: Yes, Alien: Covenant is a modernism-symbolic film.
SATAN: Alien: Covenant symbolizes 'etiquette-monstrosity'...
GOD: It's a story of predatory creatures devastating notions of kindness.
SATAN: The 'Xenomorph creatures' obviously represent terrorism and violence.
GOD: Modernism has come with natural fears about ugliness...
SATAN: Isn't that what 9/11 was all about?
GOD: As long as there are no biases in politics, commerce will flourish!
SATAN: It's nearly-impossible to avoid the 'indulgences' of consumerism.
GOD: That's why we have the Home Shopping Network (HSN)...
SATAN: We'll see how it all works out.

====

:dance:

9.jpg

Forum List

Back