Call Them Concentration Camps or Internment Camps -- Whichever, We Need Them!

Let's start by claiming, the right wing Owns the drug war, after this administration.

If the Right Wing would actually start fighting that war, I'd own it in a second. I might even be willing to give the Left a chance if they would start fighting that war.

Immoral? Why? Please explain.

Drug use (like alcohol) changes brain chemistry and makes one unable to make proper decisions. That's why both need to be banned, as doing anything which reduces your a unity to make proper decisions is immoral.

Drug use (like alcohol) changes brain chemistry and makes one unable to make proper decisions. That's why both need to be banned, as doing anything which reduces your a unity to make proper decisions is immoral.
Morality refers to the concept of right and wrong in a behavioral context. This context is determined on the basis of widely variable factors, such as various religious principles. One presently common example of this is the broad divergence in the fundamental principles of Judaeo/Christian and Islamic (Sharia) ethics.

The use of alcohol, and presumably all recreational substances, is considered immoral by Islamists but not by Christians -- provided no harm is imposed on others or the self by such use.

So, keeping in mind that the rituals of some recognized religions include the use of mind-altering substances, should we assume from your declaration of morality regarding the use of recreational substances that you adhere to Islamic law?

Morality refers to the concept of right and wrong in a behavioral context. This context is determined on the basis of widely variable factors, such as various religious principles. One presently common example of this is the broad divergence in the fundamental principles of Judaeo/Christian and Islamic (Sharia) ethics.

The use of alcohol, and presumably all recreational substances, is considered immoral by Islamists but not by Christians -- provided no harm is imposed on others or the self by such use.

Actually there are millions of Christians who consider alcohol use to be 'immoral'

Actually there are millions of Christians who consider alcohol use to be 'immoral'
True, and the same individuals often experience suicidal guilt about masturbation.

But there is nothing in the tenets of Christian dogma to proscribe the use of wine. In fact the taking of wine is a component of certain Catholic rituals in which it is regarded as the symbolic "blood of Christ."

I attended St. Francis Xavier (Catholic) school in Brooklyn, where the little refrigerator in the the Prefect Brother's (Principal's) office was kept stocked with quart bottles of Schaefer beer and I sometimes brought the "empties" back to Ralston's for the nickel deposits.

[So, keeping in mind that the rituals of some recognized religions include the use of mind-altering substances, should we assume from your declaration of morality regarding the use of recreational substances that you adhere to Islamic law?

No. You should know that I don't accept organized religion as useful. True Morality supersedes religion as it predates religion.

No. You should know that I don't accept organized religion as useful. True Morality supersedes religion as it predates religion.
Which takes us back to the beginning: which is what system of reasoning is "true morality" based on? What is right, what is wrong, and why?

Last edited:

True, and the same individuals often experience suicidal guilt about masturbation.

But there is nothing in the tenets of Christian dogma to proscribe the use of wine. In fact the taking of wine is a component of certain Catholic rituals in which it is regarded as the symbolic "blood of Christ.".

Southern Baptists disagree with you.

Southern Baptist Convention > On Alcohol Use In America

As do Church of Christ members
Alcohol And The Bible

I find it fascinating that Christians manage to find so many different interpretations of the Bible.

Which takes us back to the beginning: which is what system of reasoning is "true morality" based on? What is right, what is wrong, and why?

Yes, it takes us back to the beginning, the time period where not following the rules, traditions and wisdom of the elders could get you killed. True Morality is about Right and Wring becayse those things jeep us alive and on the path through a proper life.

Yes, it takes us back to the beginning, the time period where not following the rules, traditions and wisdom of the elders could get you killed. True Morality is about Right and Wring becayse those things jeep us alive and on the path through a proper life.
But what is right or wrong to you might not be right or wrong to me -- as is precisely the situation where many divergent human societies are concerned.

None of the successful "lesser" animal species have survived and continue to flourish because of any moral sense. They simply follow their natural instincts without the slightest contemplation of right or wrong. We humans are the only species which is concerned with morality (at some varying level) but history has shown that the highest levels of hypocrisy (not "morality") always attend our most dominant social and tribal (national) achievements.

But what is right or wrong to you might not be right or wrong to me -- as is precisely the situation where many divergent human societies are concerned.

I dont believe in Moral Relativism. I'm a Moral Universalist. RIGHT i s Right and Wrong is Wring, no matter whst the unpleasant consequences may be.

A proper society only works when there is a place for everyone/everything and everyone/everything is in their/its place.

I dont believe in Moral Relativism. I'm a Moral Universalist. RIGHT i s Right and Wrong is Wring, no matter whst the unpleasant consequences may be.
But who, or what, tells you what is right and what is wrong.

You say it is "immoral" to use recreational drugs, presumably including alcohol, because to do so is biologically harmful. While it is true that excessive (gluttonous) use of anything, drugs or food, is biologically harmful it certainly is not true in every example. So what do you base your charge of universal "wrong" on where recreational drug use is concerned -- keeping in mind that what ,might be excessive for one is not excessive for all.

A proper society only works when there is a place for everyone/everything and everyone/everything is in their/its place.
I can't make head or tail of this comment. What in the world is a "proper" society? Can you offer an example of a society in which everyone and everything is "in its place" -- whatever that means? Are you equating morality with perfection?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back