'Call of Duty' and Mass Murders: Are Video Games Too Violent?

Only if one can not distinguish between a game reality and if that's the case you already have a much more serious problem than the game.

Isn't that exactly what we are talking about? That, and the availability of these war weopons so the extremely mentally ill can do maximum damage.

Time to get the Assault Weopons off the streets. Period.

I remember reading somewhere that the Loyalists of Boston were saying the same thing before the first shots rang out at Concord?

Loyalists wanted to get assault weapons off the streets of Boston in 1775? ...okay? That reminds me of when the people of Los Angeles had to battle Mongolians with alien death beams in 1941.

Kids growing up with violent video games do not create violent kids.

I grew up playing all the latest and greatest violent video games, mostly unsupervised. AND I'm Bi-polar, and the grand result is that I'm very non-violent.

You ever looked into the eyes of a child who plays these violent games all the time? They are dead inside. Any parent getting these games for kids is insane.

And some of you guys are going to argue that this media has no effect on people? Corporations spend billions of dollars each year on 30 second ads because they are confident that those ads will convince you to buy their products and services, yet hour after hour, day after day, of violent and immoral media supposedly has no influence on people. Really? You actually believe that nonsense?

Banning the games? Not an option. First Amendment. But it's time we as individuals and families start stepping up and making better choices on the entertainment we bring into our houses and allow our children to view and participate in. And that starts by making better choices on what we view and participate in.

But please don't prattle on this bs about their being no effect. and dont even think about empowering government more. We need to step up and accept our own power and responsibility.

I grew up playing all the latest and greatest violent video games, mostly unsupervised. AND I'm Bi-polar, and the grand result is that I'm very non-violent.

Yeah, i thought that too. Until I did a little experiment. I eliminated violent media in my life for a week. I was stunned on how much it affected me without me realizing it. And I am not even talking super violent.

Yeah, i thought that too. Until I did a little experiment. I eliminated violent media in my life for a week. I was stunned on how much it affected me without me realizing it. And I am not even talking super violent.

How old are you?

You ever looked into the eyes of a child who plays these violent games all the time? They are dead inside. Any parent getting these games for kids is insane.

And some of you guys are going to argue that this media has no effect on people? Corporations spend billions of dollars each year on 30 second ads because they are confident that those ads will convince you to buy their products and services, yet hour after hour, day after day, of violent and immoral media supposedly has no influence on people. Really? You actually believe that nonsense?

Banning the games? Not an option. First Amendment. But it's time we as individuals and families start stepping up and making better choices on the entertainment we bring into our houses and allow our children to view and participate in. And that starts by making better choices on what we view and participate in.

But please don't prattle on this bs about their being no effect. and dont even think about empowering government more. We need to step up and accept our own power and responsibility.

I sort of agree.
I play video games all the time, have been since I was a kid, and never once have I ever played a game that was outside my age range. My parents were pretty strict about that.

It all goes back to personal responsibility. Playing a game online, clearly for adults, and hearing children on it is not only annoying, it asks the question: What are their parents doing?

Your first paragraph is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've read in awhile from a poster I consider reasonable.

First of all its clear you've never actually watched kids play any of those games. I have.

My kids and all their friends used to play them when they all got together. You know what I saw and heard? Laughter, smiles and all manner of enjoyment.

Your age is showing.

You think games are bad for the mind? Religious indocternation is the biggest mind fuck of all.

Back during Project Chanology, we were considering having someone infiltrate the Church of Scientology so we could show the world how messed up they were.

Our best option? A devout Christian. The joke was, "He's already indoctrinated, so he'll be okay."

I dunno, old man, sometimes COD makes me want to throw my controller. That's not smiles.

Anything to excess can be bad. Take a break. Or be like me. I won't play that shit game. The community is awful and I'm talking about grown adults that act worse than the kids. I play Battlefield and the difference is unreal.

I dunno, old man, sometimes COD makes me want to throw my controller. That's not smiles.

Anything to excess can be bad. Take a break. Or be like me. I won't play that shit game. The community is awful and I'm talking about grown adults that act worse than the kids. I play Battlefield and the difference is unreal.

I play Battlefield 3 on my desktop occasionally. Much less toxic of a community than CoD.
Still, I can play a game in 5 minutes on it compared to upwards of the 30 it takes to complete a match of Conquest, so I usually stick with CoD.

I play Battlefield 3 on my desktop occasionally. Much less toxic of a community than CoD.
Still, I can play a game in 5 minutes on it compared to upwards of the 30 it takes to complete a match of Conquest, so I usually stick with CoD.

Do you have the dlc on BF3? 20 new maps and 4 new game modes

On cod all I can stand is hcsnd but the new one is so bad I quit. Don't play much of anything anymore now cause my kids share my accounts with me.

Do you have the dlc on BF3? 20 new maps and 4 new game modes

On cod all I can stand is hcsnd but the new one is so bad I quit. Don't play much of anything anymore now cause my kids share my accounts with me.

Nope! I'm a cheap son of a bitch... although I got to play a bit of Aftermath and it was amazing.

Not a big fan of CoD's HC mode actually. I used to be way back in the MW1 days, but it got old.

I still play the shit out of SnD though. Ranked 5000 in the world back when I had no life.

Isn't that exactly what we are talking about? That, and the availability of these war weopons so the extremely mentally ill can do maximum damage.

Time to get the Assault Weopons off the streets. Period.

I remember reading somewhere that the Loyalists of Boston were saying the same thing before the first shots rang out at Concord?

Loyalists wanted to get assault weapons off the streets of Boston in 1775? ...okay? That reminds me of when the people of Los Angeles had to battle Mongolians with alien death beams in 1941.

The American Revolution against British Gun Control​

By David Kopel

This Article reviews the British gun control program that precipitated the American Revolution: the 1774 import ban on firearms and gunpowder; the 1774-75 confiscations of firearms and gunpowder; and the use of violence to effectuate the confiscations. It was these events that changed a situation of political tension into a shooting war. Each of these British abuses provides insights into the scope of the modern Second Amendment.

Military rule would be difficult to impose on an armed populace. Gage had only 2,000 troops in Boston. There were thousands of armed men in Boston alone, and more in the surrounding area. One response to the problem was to deprive the Americans of gunpowder.

Modern “smokeless” gunpowder is stable under most conditions. The “black powder” of the 18th Century was far more volatile. Accordingly, large quantities of black powder were often stored in a town’s “powder house,” typically a reinforced brick building. The powder house would hold merchants’ reserves, large quantities stored by individuals, as well as powder for use by the local militia. Although colonial laws generally required militiamen (and sometimes all householders, too) to have their own firearm and a minimum quantity of powder, not everyone could afford it. Consequently, the government sometimes supplied “public arms” and powder to individual militiamen. Policies varied on whether militiamen who had been given public arms would keep them at home. Public arms would often be stored in a special armory, which might also be the powder house.

Before dawn on September 1, 1774, 260 of Gage’s Redcoats sailed up the Mystic River and seized hundreds of barrels of powder from the Charlestown powder house.

The “Powder Alarm,” as it became known, was a serious provocation. By the end of the day, 20,000 militiamen had mobilized and started marching towards Boston. In Connecticut and Western Massachusetts, rumors quickly spread that the Powder Alarm had actually involved fighting in the streets of Boston. More accurate reports reached the militia companies before that militia reached Boston, and so the war did not begin in September. The message, though, was unmistakable: If the British used violence to seize arms or powder, the Americans would treat that violent seizure as an act of war, and would fight. And that is exactly what happened several months later, on April 19, 1775.

Five days after the Powder Alarm, on September 6, the militia of the towns of Worcester County assembled on the Worcester Common. Backed by the formidable array, the Worcester Convention took over the reins of government, and ordered the resignations of all militia officers, who had received their commissions from the Royal Governor. The officers promptly resigned and then received new commissions from the Worcester Convention.

That same day, the people of Suffolk County (which includes Boston) assembled and adopted the Suffolk Resolves. The 19-point Resolves complained about the Powder Alarm, and then took control of the local militia away from the Royal Governor (by replacing the Governor’s appointed officers with officers elected by the militia) and resolved to engage in group practice with arms at least weekly.

Read more at:
The American Revolution against British Gun Control

It's apparent that you sleep through your American History classes. That is if you ever attended an American school?

Forum List

Back