California secession?

Wanna get away? Calexit secession plan possible, but faces huge hurdles

But the Golden State’s path to independence is blocked with financial and political hurdles, from an expensive state initiative process to persuading two-thirds of Congress to relinquish an economic and tourism powerhouse.

I wish you luck and really wouldn't mind it if you took New York and Illinois with you.
If Cali, NY and IL seceded from the union, dependent states like yours would go right down the drain.

It'll never happen. The US can't afford to lose those three cash cows that so many other states depend on from the fed for their survival.

California has the sixth largest economy in the world. If they seceded the whole country would go down the tubes.
Brexit Means California Could Soon Be World’s Fifth Largest Economy

But the Golden State’s path to independence is blocked with financial and political hurdles, from an expensive state initiative process to persuading two-thirds of Congress to relinquish an economic and tourism powerhouse.

I wish you luck and really wouldn't mind it if you took New York and Illinois with you.
If Cali, NY and IL seceded from the union, dependent states like yours would go right down the drain.

It'll never happen. The US can't afford to lose those three cash cows that so many other states depend on from the fed for their survival.

California has the sixth largest economy in the world. If they seceded the whole country would go down the tubes.
Brexit Means California Could Soon Be World’s Fifth Largest Economy
Exactly. Do you really see this country letting one state do that much damage to us? You'll be forced to stay if you vote otherwise. Its not like we haven't done it in the past.

If they can't get it done I suggest expelling them from the Union
No...

Yeah, we don't need Kookyfornia
Not so long ago, California was a reliably red state. States flip, and the economic power of California is necessary.

They won't be seceding. That issue was settled over 150 years ago. I'd rather relocate the people and keep the land.

Oh ok...so we should deport illegals and left loons....I can get onboard with that

The cost of your food and energy purchased from us would go up 1,000% call it a secession tax. That will wipe the smirk off your face. :lmao:

Wait for the water bill....:confused:

Imagine what it would cost to ship goods between NY and CA on OUR roads and highways or fly through our airspace or use our ports. Damn the libs are going to need more money.

Were are the progressives on this forum that were mocking the Texans who were talking about this? Suddenly, their mum....
Of course we're mum, because we don't want to look as stupid as the board members that were applauding Texas.
You look pretty stupid by not being intellectually consistent and mocking those who support this nonsense. But we all know that intellectual honesty from progressives is a myth.

If they can't get it done I suggest expelling them from the Union
No...

Yeah, we don't need Kookyfornia
Not so long ago, California was a reliably red state. States flip, and the economic power of California is necessary.

They won't be seceding. That issue was settled over 150 years ago. I'd rather relocate the people and keep the land.

Oh ok...so we should deport illegals and left loons....I can get onboard with that
LOL....

The cost of your food and energy purchased from us would go up 1,000% call it a secession tax. That will wipe the smirk off your face. :lmao:

Imagine what it would cost to ship goods between NY and CA on OUR roads and highways or fly through our airspace or use our ports. Damn the libs are going to need more money.

I wonder if they have figured out how much defense will cost them? Don't expect our military to save them

I wonder if they have figured out how much defense will cost them? Don't expect our military to save them

We'd probably designate them as a terrorist nation and lobby the UN to impose sanctions.

We'd probably designate them as a terrorist nation and lobby the UN to impose sanctions.

No no we're going to force the UN to move their headquarters there

This issue was all settled by Abraham Lincoln and the US Civil War.

Wash. D.C. gets lots of tax revenue from California and gives very little of it back.

Like any other nation state therefore, it will not let go of its revenue source.

but you won't criticize the CA moonbat wack jobs like you did the TX RWNJs
The issue is the same for Texas.

Mucho tax revenues from it to D.C.

Never letting go.

The best way to understand this is read the appendix to the memoirs of Gen/Pres. U.S. Grant.

He covers it nicely: No state has the right to secede. Plain and simple.

Without programs instituted by representatives of those states, we'd get along just fine. It might take a few years to undo about everything since Lyndon Johnson, but it took 50 years to spend 22 trillion on the war on poverty and all we have to show for it is half again as many poor people.

A week after CA left it would be taken over by a Mexican drug gang

A week after CA left it would be taken over by a Mexican drug gang
Or simply given to them.

Forum List

Back