California rewards child molester

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
California is so broke it is being compared to Greece. But the Orange County Board of Supervisors gave away 4.3 million dollars to an illegal Mexican alien who is also a child molester.

The first chapter in this distasteful story begins with Fernando Ramirez, a 24-year-old illegal alien, being caught molesting a 6-year-old girl in a park. He was duly convicted and sent to the Orange County Central Jail. The second chapter is predictable.

They beat him to within the proverbial inch of his life.

>>> They then conclude that county taxpayers can still find it in their hearts to hand the child molester and his lawyer the largest settlement ever given to anyone in county custody: $3.75 million, plus $900,000 for medical expenses.

Read more: California rewards child molester | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Fair settlement?

The State is paying this POS off 'cuz of what other criminals did to him while he was incarcerated?!?

Those folks have absolutely lost their minds. :evil:

Something is fishy. You don't do jail time unless your sentence is under a year....for longer terms, you do state prison time. It's also odd the county settled with this inmate rather than trying the case. Did they really think a California jury would give this guy more money?

If he's so brain damaged he has a toddler's mind, why's his medical only $900,000? If he's still in jail, why's he got any unreimbursed medical at all?

Most states (cannot say for sure about California) have an Open Records law. The county does not seem to me to have the legal authority to enter into secret agreements.

It'll be interesting to see what George Costanza says about this.

Yep Apparently his lawyer claimed he should have been put in protective custody because all child molestors are in danger in prison. Our tax dollars at work.

I'd like to see the six year old sue her predator. That would be justice.

I'd also like to see this judge fired.

Well, I suppose it is possible the inmate was temporarily housed at the jail awaiting transfer to state prison. Yes, he should have been segregated and that is likely why the county settled...some departure from normal procedures.

What did the judge do wrong? The guy pled out...I suppose the judge could have rejected the plea agreement, but he cannot force the DA to upcharge or prosecute, chanel.

Mebbe I'll start up a new area of practice, representing inmates who get tagged in jail? I had no idea local governments rolled over this easily. If this had happened in Cleveland, I'd wonder who the lawyer was related to in county government.

He didn't get rewarded for being a child molester, he got a settlement because the Prison System didn't protect him. Yeah, the award may have been too much but he's a prisoner and the Prison System is responsible for his safety.

Yes, I'm glad he was beaten. I wish he'd have been killed.
I hate illegal aliens, they love young children for some reason. Build the wall.

But the Prison system "f'ed up" and he got a settlement. Move on.

It I an outrageous settlement and Madeline hit the nail on the head. What was this lawyer's relationship to the county? According to the OP, the negotiations went on behind closed doors. I wonder if anyone will file an appeal. You'd think the Orange County taxpayers would have standing.

Where is the man now? Did he hightail it back to his country of birth? Or was he given automatic citizenship to boot???

Staff does not tell prisoners what the other prisoners are in for.

It may have been something where the staff fed the guy to the inmates. They many have not just screwed up, they may have set up.

As far as I am concerned, that is part of the deal when you molest kids. You become a chew toy when you are in jail.

The State is paying this POS off 'cuz of what other criminals did to him while he was incarcerated?!?

Those folks have absolutely lost their minds. :evil:

The O.C. is hard line REPUBLICAN COUNTRY.......

California State Legislature—Districts

Jeff Miller | Biography

Chuck DeVore | Biography

Diane Harkey | Biography

Curt Hagman | Biography

Jim Silva | Biography

Van Tran

Chris Norby | Biography

Assembly Member Tony Mendoza Representing the 56th Assembly District - Biography

The ONLY area of O.C. that is not very solidly Republican is the Mendoza district.... a little gerrymandered are because that is where lots of (*code) workers* live.

Forum List

Back