California: Not as blue as we thought it was.

THORAX

Jul 22, 2013
Hispanic win: 'California can be Republican again' - Washington Times

According to the logic of politics, Leticia Perez should have handily won the heavily Democratic and Hispanic district in California’s central valley, and her failure to do so has Republicans eager to develop a victory template for struggling GOP candidates elsewhere in the deep-blue state and across the country.

Fresno cherry farmer and cattle rancher Andy Vidak, who is fluent in Spanish, said he captured the state Senate seat in last week’s closely watched runoff vote by connecting with Hispanic voters with a “common-sense” approach that focused on job creation, affordable energy and opposition to big government. He even cooked menudo, a cow-stomach soup and a Mexican favorite, at a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event at the Bakersfield fairgrounds where 10,000 Hispanics turned out.

We always hear Democrats are focusing on Texas, claiming they want to take it. Ofc, this is a scary thought for anyone who's not a Democrat.

But it looks like the tables have turned.

California may not be so blue after all. One could argue that the Democrats don't have as much power with Texas hispanic voters either if California is any sign.

I'm not going to go into the whole "What if Hispanics DO vote republican?" We always hear that hispanics are behind the curtains, conservative in their beliefs.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath...this could be a strategy by the democrats and republicans in washington to say:

"See! Look! They DO vote Republican! Lets give them amnesty."

Since that's the narrative at the moment.

I'm not buying it though. They could vote 90% republican in the 2016 election and I still wouldn't approve amnesty. These Liberal Republicans are traitorous scum. Please don't vote Republican anymore, teach them a lesson.

Texas should secede. We'll take the oil reserves with us. Other states would follow.

I agree.

The U.S. govt though wouldn't approve it without a war. They rely on the oil too much. I guarantee you if it wasn't for the oil the U.S. government wouldn't be opposed to Texas secession and it probably would have already happened by now.

California has two very large, and very corrupt cities that keep the state in the hand of the shameful democrats.

Los Angeles and San Francisco push the one party rule of the state. Orange County once was a conservative bastion, but the tidal wave of illegal immigration has changed that. More affluent Riverside County tends to be conservative, but poverty stricken San Bernardino belongs to the far left.

I don't see Republicans changing the political makeup of the Peoples Republic any time soon.

California has two very large, and very corrupt cities that keep the state in the hand of the shameful democrats.

Los Angeles and San Francisco push the one party rule of the state. Orange County once was a conservative bastion, but the tidal wave of illegal immigration has changed that. More affluent Riverside County tends to be conservative, but poverty stricken San Bernardino belongs to the far left.

I don't see Republicans changing the political makeup of the Peoples Republic any time soon.

The Republican establishment is obviously doing everything humanly possible to get its voting base on board with amnesty.

Just go to any right leaning website and look at the comments section of any article on such.

Paul Ryan is being strung up right now in the comments section and he'll go the way of the dodo soon just like Rubio did. Rubio has completely disappeared. I haven't even heard his name mentioned in a month now.

And Karl Rove is...well..Karl Rove. Nobody likes Rove, he's obviously an establishment degenerate who's only there to satisfy the GOPs donors.

you think Riverside County is more affluent than Orange?......

The Republican establishment is obviously doing everything humanly possible to get its voting base on board with amnesty.

Just go to any right leaning website and look at the comments section of any article on such.

Paul Ryan is being strung up right now in the comments section and he'll go the way of the dodo soon just like Rubio did. Rubio has completely disappeared. I haven't even heard his name mentioned in a month now.

And Karl Rove is...well..Karl Rove. Nobody likes Rove, he's obviously an establishment degenerate who's only there to satisfy the GOPs donors.

You've hit on a key point. The donors to the GOP tend to be large businesses who profit from the exploitation of illegal immigration. I doubt there is even 10% support for amnesty among rank and file Republicans, but because the majority of donations come from business concerns who seek cheap labor, the party ignores the people and joins the democrats.

This alienates the voting public, making it difficult for the GOP to win elections - given that their own constituency view them as liars and cheats. So the root of the problem is that the the GOP are a bunch of whores who sell themselves to the highest bidder.

IF the party is ever to rebound, it must once again be the party of principle, who listen to the constituents even if it costs them big donors.

If we want a corrupt pack of oligarchs, we have the shameful democrats - the GOP is supposed to offer an alternative.

you think Riverside County is more affluent than Orange?......

Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Temecula, Eastvale, Corona

Vs.

Orange, Stanton, Santa Ana... :p

Actually, I was intending to contrast to San Bernardino county, not Orange.

Honestly though, I'll bet the per capita of Riverside county is darned close to Orange.

OC has 10 cities were the avg annul income is over a hundred thou a year

Average (Median) Household Income by Community[edit]
These numbers are per the 2010 U.S. Census.
Coto de Caza: $160,655
Villa Park: $146,776
Laguna Beach: $141,916
Anaheim Hills: $123,260
Ladera Ranch: $123,089
Laguna Niguel: $120,963
Yorba Linda: $115,279
North Tustin: $111,355
Rossmoor: $109,662
Newport Beach: $107,007
Rancho Santa Margarita: $99,722
Mission Viejo: $95,878
Aliso Viejo: $95,498
Lake Forest: $91,040
Irvine: $90,939
La Palma: $89,788
Laguna Hills: $87,337
San Clemente: $84,436
Cypress: $83,196
Dana Point: $80,609

per capita of OC is $25,826.....Riverside is $18,689.

Whoohoo - I'm on the list.

And I can't figure out what parts of either county have such low incomes. Those are depressingly low - $18K is below minimum wage.

I've had 3 job opportunities in that shit hole and I've turned every one of them down. If I can't take my guns and live like a free man then there really is no point.

I've had 3 job opportunities in that shit hole and I've turned every one of them down. If I can't take my guns and live like a free man then there really is no point.

i feel pretty free i dont have anyone stepping on my toes.....i dont know of anyone who feels they are no freer than anyone else in the Country....i know two guys who have virtual arsenals.....both live in Norco.....nice little town.....

According to the logic of politics, Leticia Perez should have handily won the heavily Democratic and Hispanic district in California’s central valley, and her failure to do so has Republicans eager to develop a victory template for struggling GOP candidates elsewhere in the deep-blue state and across the country.

Fresno cherry farmer and cattle rancher Andy Vidak, who is fluent in Spanish, said he captured the state Senate seat in last week’s closely watched runoff vote by connecting with Hispanic voters with a “common-sense” approach that focused on job creation, affordable energy and opposition to big government. He even cooked menudo, a cow-stomach soup and a Mexican favorite, at a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event at the Bakersfield fairgrounds where 10,000 Hispanics turned out.

We always hear Democrats are focusing on Texas, claiming they want to take it. Ofc, this is a scary thought for anyone who's not a Democrat.

California may not be so blue after all. One could argue that the Democrats don't have as much power with Texas hispanic voters either if California is any sign.

I'm not going to go into the whole "What if Hispanics DO vote republican?" We always hear that hispanics are behind the curtains, conservative in their beliefs.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath...this could be a strategy by the democrats and republicans in washington to say:

I'm not buying it though. They could vote 90% republican in the 2016 election and I still wouldn't approve amnesty. These Liberal Republicans are traitorous scum. Please don't vote Republican anymore, teach them a lesson.

If you look closely, most Hispanics are Catholic. Whether they practice or not, they are not big on abortion, they actually work which is why they are here. Granted, they may not live the Catholic meme, but that is their foundation. I don't see Hispanics who work and are Catholic buying into the democratic party. I just don't.

i feel pretty free i dont have anyone stepping on my toes.....i dont know of anyone who feels they are no freer than anyone else in the Country....i know two guys who have virtual arsenals.....both live in Norco.....nice little town.....

They'd never allow me to tote my arsenal over there unfortunately. More trouble than it's worth and too many people. I work for a fortune 10 IT company out of Cali so I'm always getting hit up with job opportunities. Just can't leave. -

Texas should secede. We'll take the oil reserves with us. Other states would follow.

There is oil under where I am sitting right now. When I sold my place to move to Nashville, I forgot to keep the mineral rights and beat myself up over it every time I think about it. Just because they aren't pumping it out of the ground, doesn't mean it isn't here. One day they will need the oil and they will start pumping it.

Whoohoo - I'm on the list.

And I can't figure out what parts of either county have such low incomes. Those are depressingly low - $18K is below minimum wage.

A few weeks ago I came home to find a nurse recruiting message on my voice mail. They wanted me to come to California and work for a mere $600 per 8 hour shift.

I wish CT wasn't as blue as it's thought to be.

I wish CT wasn't as blue as it's thought to be.

Well, I think a lot of blue will be drying up come the next presidential election. I think people have had enough. I also think if the republicans run Paul Ryan against Hillary it will be a slam dunk. Rand Paul will likely make a bid for it, but he is a doctor who went into politics to preserve the 'old' ways and not to serve the people of America. And I will deviate from that by giving him credit for the filibuster he did regarding the use of drones on American soil. He gets an A+ for that.

There is oil under where I am sitting right now. When I sold my place to move to Nashville, I forgot to keep the mineral rights and beat myself up over it every time I think about it. Just because they aren't pumping it out of the ground, doesn't mean it isn't here. One day they will need the oil and they will start pumping it.

My squaw has mineral rights in Oklahomo. We get a check yearly. I say squaw affectionately because I love Indians.

Forum List

Back