AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Op-Ed: California may have just boosted Trump's chances of winning in 2020

The anti-Trump resistance is real. And if you're a taxpayer in California, it's really costing you.

Donald Trump [/a]'s crackdown on illegal immigration beyond defending sanctuary city policies. The Democrat-dominated state legislature has just approved nearly $50 million for a program that will provide legal services and representation for illegal immigrants.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you get 8 years of President Trump instead of just 4.

No, California isn't likely to go from blue to red in the next election over this. But as the rest of the country learns about how far Democrats and liberals are willing to go in using other people's money to support illegal immigration, there's likely to be a significant push back.

59 percent of Americans, (79 percent of Republicans and 48 percent of Democrats), worry "a great deal" or "a fair amount" about illegal immigration. And this level of worry has remained steady over the last 17 years that Gallup has polled on the issue." data-reactid="26">You wouldn't know this just by listening to Democratic politicians and the mainstream media, but illegal immigration is unpopular with most American voters. A recent Gallup Poll showed that 59 percent of Americans, (79 percent of Republicans and 48 percent of Democrats), worry "a great deal" or "a fair amount" about illegal immigration. And this level of worry has remained steady over the last 17 years that Gallup has polled on the issue.

But who could blame anyone for not knowing these facts? That's because there's an Orwellian effort to whitewash the issue altogether. Look closely at the official response to the funding increase by the open borders coalition known as One California:

"While the federal government proposes billions of dollars to tear communities apart through mass deportations, California takes another critical step on immigration to protect against the devastating consequences of deportations."

Notice how the words "illegal" or even the supposedly more politically correct "undocumented" never appear in that statement. According to them, President Trump is simply deporting "immigrants." Even the Los Angeles Times report on the funding never refers to those being targeted as illegal immigrants. The phrase "here illegally" only appears in one quote of a Democrat lawmaker.

These kinds of word games predictably enrage millions of Americans who respect the rule of law...

Say it with me, "Four more years!"

:)

I'll believe it when I see. LaLa land voting for Trump is something I can't even conceive. Those people are so rapted with their own self-importance and high brow attitude they don't consider logic, they are about emotion and image.

I'll believe it when I see. LaLa land voting for Trump is something I can't even conceive. Those people are so rapted with their own self-importance and high brow attitude they don't consider logic, they are about emotion and image.

About 3 million of us voted for Trump in California. Of course, we were outnumbered by the commies and illegal immigrants.

How the Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration

The myth, which liberals like myself find tempting, is that only the right has changed. In June 2015, we tell ourselves, Donald Trump rode down his golden escalator and pretty soon nativism, long a feature of conservative politics, had engulfed it. But that’s not the full story. If the right has grown more nationalistic, the left has grown less so. A decade ago, liberals publicly questioned immigration in ways that would shock many progressives today.

In 2005, a left-leaning blogger wrote, “Illegal immigration wreaks havoc economically, socially, and culturally; makes a mockery of the rule of law; and is disgraceful just on basic fairness grounds alone.” In 2006, a liberal columnist wrote that “immigration reduces the wages of domestic workers who compete with immigrants” and that “the fiscal burden of low-wage immigrants is also pretty clear.” His conclusion: “We’ll need to reduce the inflow of low-skill immigrants.” That same year, a Democratic senator wrote, “When I see Mexican flags waved at proimmigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

The blogger was Glenn Greenwald. The columnist was Paul Krugman. The senator was Barack Obama.

Prominent liberals didn’t oppose immigration a decade ago. Most acknowledged its benefits to America’s economy and culture. They supported a path to citizenship for the undocumented. Still, they routinely asserted that low-skilled immigrants depressed the wages of low-skilled American workers and strained America’s welfare state. And they were far more likely than liberals today are to acknowledge that, as Krugman put it, “immigration is an intensely painful topic … because it places basic principles in conflict.”

Today, little of that ambivalence remains. In 2008, the Democratic platform called undocumented immigrants “our neighbors.”...

Op-Ed: California may have just boosted Trump's chances of winning in 2020

The Democrat-dominated state legislature has just approved nearly $50 million for a program that will provide legal services and representation for illegal immigrants.

In healthy societies the word "illegal immigrant" actually means: if authorities see you, they will deport your sorry as*. How unhealthy and crooked Democrat-dominated states must me if their legislature approve millions for a program that will provide legal services and representation for illegal immigrants? Looks like the answer is obvious.

Forum List

Back