One possible positive about Trump. Maybe wages

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
This trend has not gone unnoticed by the Federal Reserve, which noted in its latest report on regional economic conditions that a “larger number of firms mentioned higher turnover rates and more difficulty retaining workers.” The Fed notes that the labor shortages combined with the need to pay higher wages are “restraining growth” in some sectors like manufacturing, transportation and construction.

Workers wanted: Skilled-labor shortage hinders business boom

And from Denver a suggestion that it may be partially tied to immigration; however, a labor shortage (or lack of wage increases) predated the election.

Homebuilders struggle to fill jobs 'Americans don't want'

However, I tend to doubt the folks in the rust belt will migrate for construction jobs, because they chose not to when the energy industry was booming.

hair spray and makeup sales have increased, store clerks may be getting paid more ... :dunno:

hair spray and makeup sales have increased, store clerks may be getting paid more ... :dunno:
LOL. A long gone poster on another board showed me why "wage push inflation" is pretty much a gop establishment myth, but we may see construction and agricultural sectors having to pay more in wages. That of course means higher prices, though.

This trend has not gone unnoticed by the Federal Reserve, which noted in its latest report on regional economic conditions that a “larger number of firms mentioned higher turnover rates and more difficulty retaining workers.” The Fed notes that the labor shortages combined with the need to pay higher wages are “restraining growth” in some sectors like manufacturing, transportation and construction.

And from Denver a suggestion that it may be partially tied to immigration; however, a labor shortage (or lack of wage increases) predated the election.

However, I tend to doubt the folks in the rust belt will migrate for construction jobs, because they chose not to when the energy industry was booming.
If it was not for fossil fuels the northern plains states would be a Third World country… Fact

If it was not for fossil fuels the northern plains states would be a Third World country… Fact
And your point is.....?

And your point is.....?
What works for urban areas absolutely does not work for rural areas....

I'm not sure I understand. Does "Denver" allege that skilled jobs used to be filled by illegal aliens? Hypocrite lefties used to dance in the streets during the very few times the DOW spiked during the Obama administration and now they pretend not to care.

And your point is.....?
What works for urban areas absolutely does not work for rural areas....
hmmmm. Well I migrated to Wyoming in the natl gas boom in the Reagan recession. But I don't see those folks in the rust belt moving.

Sorta miss Wyoming, but not winter and it was no place to earn a living for me .... outside the gas boom.

Trump: I never said wages are too high

I'm not sure I understand. Does "Denver" allege that skilled jobs used to be filled by illegal aliens? Hypocrite lefties used to dance in the streets during the very few times the DOW spiked during the Obama administration and now they pretend not to care.
If that bs post was aimed at me, you'd a. have to ask the Denver employers, and b. while I never voted for Obama I've admitted that his econ and HC policies helped me in a way .... the regs mandating no out of pocket for wellness checks help my wife and daughter who need more than one a year, and my insurance only provided one and limited to a dollar amt. I think the Fed was the reason, and still is, for the stock market rise.

Good news

Wage increases are seven years overdue

I can’t be…and the reason I can’t be is because we are a country that is being beaten on every front,” Trump said on Tuesday night. “Taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world.”

Trump's claim he was talking about minimum wage is bogus. How can minimum wage be the reason we cannot compete on an international stage when it hasn't been increased in eight years?

I can’t be…and the reason I can’t be is because we are a country that is being beaten on every front,” Trump said on Tuesday night. “Taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world.”

Trump's claim he was talking about minimum wage is bogus. How can minimum wage be the reason we cannot compete on an international stage when it hasn't been increased in eight years?
He said wages were too high. Which was pretty crazy considering his entire spiel was verbatim from Truman's Fair Deal call for wages for Harry to rise so Harry could buy what Fred built .... and on and on ...

Thanks for letting us know you never watched a Trump speech or interview.
Context for you only counts when a Democratic is talking.

I am making no mistake regarding the class warfare on an Institutional basis, and how the right wing, justifies it it the name of morals from the Age of Iron, in the modern Age of Corporate Welfare.

I am making no mistake regarding the class warfare on an Institutional basis, and how the right wing, justifies it it the name of morals from the Age of Iron, in the modern Age of Corporate Welfare.
Misquoting Trump is immature and asinine.
Trump is not a neo-Con.

Trump is not a neo-Con.
Trump is proposing massive cuts to food stamps. His voters might not like that - CNNPolitics.com

Trump is not a neo-Con.
Trump is proposing massive cuts to food stamps. His voters might not like that - CNNPolitics.com
So?
When the trespassers are gone US citizens will get better paying jobs and not need food stamps.
Is that logic too elusive for Libs?

Forum List

Back