California is moving closer to Reparations

Sacramento Democratic Mayor Darrell Steinberg was among those who spoke Saturday, declaring his wholehearted support for reparations.
"If government should stand for anything, it should stand for investing in communities and people who have been the victims of discrimination and disenfranchisement for far too long," he said, apologizing for the city of Sacramento's historic discrimination against Black people.
One proposal floated Friday was to give every Black citizen in the state a $360,000 check, which could cost the state government as much as $640 billion. There are approximately 1.8 million African-Americans living in California.
"If California can admit its sins and change the narrative, then there is a way forward for states and cities across the nation," said California Secretary of State Shirley Weber, who authored the bill creating the task force.

Comment:
Basically, this is another greedy corrupt Democrat Giant Looting Spree.
This will not solve any problems.
It will only make the Democratic Party's hate and racism problem even worse.
They will never be satisfied.
They will demand more.
It will cause inflation.
It will cause racial grievance.
It will cause racial divide.
It will drive even more of California's Taxpayers out of the state.
They are destroying their own tax base.
It will bankrupt government.
Every CA politician who votes for it is risking political suicide.
But on the bright side it will be fun watching the idiot Psychocrats self-destruct.
Come on, California. Ah is broke. Send them checks.

The amounts they're talking about is insane.
I think they're just begging the GOP to try to stop them, but there's nobody left in the state to do that.

What happens if you give a hoodrat $300K?

You'll sell a lot of guns and cocaine.
Is your wife a hoodrat? Will she be getting any of this California reparations money?

Best example yet of Democrats virtue signaling, using OPM*.

Before paying reparations to the families of former slaves, how about we pay reparations to the descendants of former slave OWNERS, whose chattel property was rendered worthless by government edict? Those assets were worth hundreds of billions in today's money.

But before writing out those checks, allocate a suitable amount to the descendants of the slaves. Guess what? It's a wash.

Most of them will be dead within months from overdoses, murders, or suicides.
The only reason they even claim to want to do this is so some poor sap makes the mistake of voicing an opinion about it.
And they want it to begin a trend. Democrats love causing divisions....and free money for your skin color is a great way to do it.

BTW, I'm changing my race to "Black" on all of my applications.
Do I detect a little jealousy, mudwhistle? :itsok:

So here we have a state that didn't have slavery ready to pay reparations to people who were not slaves.

This is where we are at!!

Every patriot should support this! Five million, or face the consequences.
If you're on Social Media, you should start a campaign for this.
Make our friends on the Left take a position: Do they support California paying $5 000 000, or are they white racists?

Forum List

Back