California has a lot of water, as always.

Bigot? Because I was born and raised in Bakersfield, fondly called BAKES? That I now live on the central coast and today it was 85 fucking degrees for the past 2 months and we are on water watch, nor can anyone buy land here to build a home because it won't pass the permit due to WATER shortage and all homes need PLUMBING?
Sure it snowed a bit this winter. BUT NOT ENOUGH for a good melt to fill damns, rivers, lakes.
Are you an idiot?
Are you a Bigot, why would you stereotype me as to wasting water, to me that is awfully low life dirty, to start a discussion with someone you do not know. I have not posted any bullshit or anything that is not factual but you come into my OP trolling.

So what are you, a simple asshole, an idiot, a bigot, or just a troll.

Last I checked there is still water running under the Golden Gate bridge, water that is normally diverted to reservoirs, last I checked they are using millions of gallons of water to build Solar farms.

So there if there is plenty for Solar, if there is plenty running under the Golden Gate, we have plenty of water, when the San Francisco bay dries up, you have an argument.

Your insistence that there is no water shortage is what resulted in what I posted to you. I never heard of a water bigot. Water in the ocean is salt water, stupid. Which means you are an idiot.

No, SOUTHERN California is a desert. Northern California is temperate. How the hell do you think those Giant Sequoia's grew there? The Central Valley is desert up to about Fresno. North of that the rainfall increases. Further the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains, while desert, DO generate orographic precipitation so are probably no longer arid enough to be considered desert. I just haven't bothered to check.
I am way off base, with what, be specific.

Westwall, you used January's figure for the Snow Pack, not March. That is way off base.

Westwall, you describe the Central Valley as ending in Fresno, it continues up to Redding, all dry desert, with the Delta as
as maybe the exception.

View attachment 37856

Westwall, I guess you want to play, "Go Fish", with Google. I guess you side with the Progs in Government, and accept what they dictate, either way its 31% of average in the middle of the Rainy season. Further my Squaw Valley quote of 32" of snow certainly makes your post seem very biased.

http://www.weather.com/climate-weat...snowpack-march-survey-2015-california-drought
When taking into account California's 103 automated stations, only 1991 had a lower early-March statewide mountain snow water content (18 percent of average) than what was measured Tuesday (19 percent of average). In early March 2014, the snow water content was 31 percent of average.

Winter Storm Thor brought over a foot of snow to the Sierra this past weekend. Squaw Valley tallied 32 inches of new snow

Westwall, that is 3 strikes. And I will go on, the snowpack is kind of a partial truth, what if it snowed and that snow has melted, as it has. Is that water wasted? Not at all we have a system in place to transfer that snow pack that has melted to reservoirs as well as to the farms, but are we doing that? I don't think so, we are protecting the non-endangered smelt that we will call the endangered Delta Smelt.

The Government is hardly a source to be trusted, not when their $100k plus a year jobs are on the line, not when they have $46 Trillion in Renewable Energy favors to hand out, I bet banks will actually donate money to the campaigns of politicians. What about the $50 Billion dollar Twin Tunnels project, why is there literally zero news reported? Why is that not part of your post.

I specifically asked you Westwall, if you had heard of the Twin Tunnels and if so, why is not part of your post.

Yes, somebody is way off base here, using the Sequoias and Fresno to make a point is hardly on base, being off on the snowpack and not acknowledging that we have had run off from the Sierras is way off base.

Everything I posted is fact, not exaggerated. I could dig up the city that historically has the most rainfall in the USA, just about every year, that city is in California.

I could point out (and just did) the three years of record Grape Harvests, or I could go take pictures of Southern California sod farms and hayfields being watered.

I could also mention the incredible waste of water developing solar and wind farms.

The Central Valley is only sufferings politics. California will only run out of water because the Democrats turned off the water.

We have plenty of water to fill our reservoirs, its a matter of choice, a political choice, nothing more.

Check post number 8. I used the snow pack data for March 3rd. The Central Valley is not desert above Fresno. This is Dos Palos California, below HWY 152.

IS50yq26jxwlnn.jpg

As far as the Twin Tunnels I assume you mean these?

Stop the Tunnels

I live a few miles from Squaw so here is their snow report....

Squaw Valley Snow Report I Ski Weather I OnTheSnow
Yes, they have 47 inches of snow on the ground. Most of it man made! They have 52 of 170 runs open. In other words the runs where they can't make snow ARE CLOSED!

You are the one cherry picking here. I am a scientist. I don't cherry pick, nor do I allow personal opinion to color data. As far as your three strike bullshit, you can shove that right up your keester.

Last edited:
Those big, funny mountains to the east of the Central Valley have sequoia's. They are 35 miles as the crow flies from the central valley. Parts of Cali are rising even faster, the area between Ventura and Carpinteria is some of the most rapidly rising real estate in the world at over 7 inches per year.

Current theory says that the western section of Cali (that part west of the San Andreas Fault system) will be accreted to the south coast of Alaska in about 5 million years.
That is right, East of, not in, last I checked they are all fine or are you arguing they are dying from drought or do you think they grow the pistachios next to them?

How about the Sequoias on the Coast? In northern California? We call those Redwoods but technically, they are Sequoias.

The half life of scientific theories is about 50 years. Just 50 years ago there was no theory of Plate Tectonics, will the theory be the same for a million years? You could read John McPhee's Annals of a Former World or Assembling California.

Go Fish!

I happen to know McPhee and he is a good friend of mine. I helped him with his research for Basin and Range. Now you can go pound sand.

And use all that fresh and plenty of golden gate water on the lawn. Let it flow freely! There's plenty in the pacific! *eye roll*

Ban agriculture in the state of California. There's plenty of food to go around. That's why we export it by the millions of tons on a monthly basis.

Oh- and that 58 million acres of corn that is grown exclusively for ethanol? :lol:

But let's not forget... God made an Ass Fucking Farmer.

--LOL

true that

some libtard kid going to school out here the in South Dakota of all places

had the ignorance to say that our planet has reached its capacity to produce food for the peoples

--LOL

No, SOUTHERN California is a desert. Northern California is temperate. How the hell do you think those Giant Sequoia's grew there? The Central Valley is desert up to about Fresno. North of that the rainfall increases. Further the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains, while desert, DO generate orographic precipitation so are probably no longer arid enough to be considered desert. I just haven't bothered to check.
westwall; You are the one cherry picking here. I am a scientist. I don't cherry pick, nor do I allow personal opinion to color data. As far as your three strike bullshit, you can shove that right up your keester.
The Central Valley is not Northern California!

Are talking about Southern California or Northern? Or should we classify something as Central, cause you seem all over the place as far as the trees go, Northern California has to be north of the Delta, The Sequias 35 miles east of the Central Valley are 100's of miles south of the Sequoia's of Northern California, neither of which are in danger of dying because of what youa as a "scientists" (do you get a certificate to call yourself a scientist or do you get to just use the name because your "educated" and working for the government?)

East or North or Central, lets be scientific, okay, we are talking about something serious.
westwall; Northern California is temperate. How the hell do you think those Giant Sequoia's grew there?
westwall; Those big, funny mountains to the east of the Central Valley have sequoia's. They are 35 miles as the crow flies from the central valley

Yea, you know McPhee, good friend? Right, I say acquaintance at best, and you helped him so much as in you are named in his book? Maybe you are, but honestly, you seem awfully unscientific.

For instance, much of the snowpack melted in February, did it not? Literally ran off, into the Delta, ran right by Vallejo, I am sure it ran right past Trader Vic's, right. So what does a measurement in March mean, really. That you are still ignoring the fact that the Central Valley is a desert, that its always relied on Water Projects built by man to run those industrial farms.

You are all over the place with the Sequoias, but right because they are everywhere but you did seem to describe southern California sequoias as being hundreds of miles north, in Northern California, of course we could state they are west of the Central Valley, in Big Sur, and that would be fact as well.

You know, you state you agree with me most the time, but honestly I think that is bull, your posts in response to me are never in agreement, and have a certain personal tone I find almost offensive, like you really do not agree. I mean qualifying your statement with, you agree most the time, is simply a trick for many to validate their position, which is does not.

I think Westwall does not like me or my posts, I mean if westwall was smart westwall would not like me, hence our tit for tat and westwall's desire for me to pound sand.

You agree all the time but this time I am wrong? That is a strawman many times, validating yourself, maybe you used it inadvertently but I doubt it very much. It is a simple tactic, nothing more.

Westwall, all your posts are spot on and factual but this time you failed allowing your emotion to effect your judgement, you got personal in your first post and that is not like you. Everything after that was opinion you attempted to validate with Google searches.

I wish this was not the truth, but it is.

See how that works, pretty effective.

Your insistence that there is no water shortage is what resulted in what I posted to you. I never heard of a water bigot. Water in the ocean is salt water, stupid. Which means you are an idiot.
You stereotyped me, how I lived, made assumptions, I asked if you were joking, you have not retracted your statement. Bigots stereotype people. Its not just about color and racism. I never stated there is no water shortage, I simply stated that the central valley is desert, which literally means short of water.

Many times I am an idiot, but you began posting in my thread as an asshole, trolling and flaming me, now you behave like an idiot, ignoring the crap your started with.

Water in the Ocean? Trolling again, moron.

And use all that fresh and plenty of golden gate water on the lawn. Let it flow freely! There's plenty in the pacific! *eye roll*
The intakes for the aqueduct are located at the Tracy Pumping plant, 46 miles from the Golden Gate bridge? I will admit there is a salinity problem but you cant call it ocean water, as you did, 46 miles through the bay, rivers, and the delta sloughs.

It's official. You are stupid.

Oh, and the title of this thread is where you made the claim that california has lots of water as always but now you say you never said that?

:blahblah::cuckoo:

Begone with your sorry ass.

It's official. You are stupid.

Oh, and the title of this thread is where you made the claim that california has lots of water as always but now you say you never said that?

:blahblah::cuckoo:

Begone with your sorry ass.
Right, why don't you quote, so we can see what I stated, and what you stated. Trolls typically do not quote.

California has lots of water, which is much different than stating the Central Valley is a desert.
Two very different statements, neither incorrect. If you can not acknowledge that, than you are pointing your finger at yourself.

westwall; You are the one cherry picking here. I am a scientist. I don't cherry pick, nor do I allow personal opinion to color data. As far as your three strike bullshit, you can shove that right up your keester.

Are talking about Southern California or Northern? Or should we classify something as Central, cause you seem all over the place as far as the trees go, Northern California has to be north of the Delta, The Sequias 35 miles east of the Central Valley are 100's of miles south of the Sequoia's of Northern California, neither of which are in danger of dying because of what youa as a "scientists" (do you get a certificate to call yourself a scientist or do you get to just use the name because your "educated" and working for the government?)

East or North or Central, lets be scientific, okay, we are talking about something serious.
westwall; Northern California is temperate. How the hell do you think those Giant Sequoia's grew there?
westwall; Those big, funny mountains to the east of the Central Valley have sequoia's. They are 35 miles as the crow flies from the central valley

Yea, you know McPhee, good friend? Right, I say acquaintance at best, and you helped him so much as in you are named in his book? Maybe you are, but honestly, you seem awfully unscientific.

For instance, much of the snowpack melted in February, did it not? Literally ran off, into the Delta, ran right by Vallejo, I am sure it ran right past Trader Vic's, right. So what does a measurement in March mean, really. That you are still ignoring the fact that the Central Valley is a desert, that its always relied on Water Projects built by man to run those industrial farms.

You are all over the place with the Sequoias, but right because they are everywhere but you did seem to describe southern California sequoias as being hundreds of miles north, in Northern California, of course we could state they are west of the Central Valley, in Big Sur, and that would be fact as well.

You know, you state you agree with me most the time, but honestly I think that is bull, your posts in response to me are never in agreement, and have a certain personal tone I find almost offensive, like you really do not agree. I mean qualifying your statement with, you agree most the time, is simply a trick for many to validate their position, which is does not.

I think Westwall does not like me or my posts, I mean if westwall was smart westwall would not like me, hence our tit for tat and westwall's desire for me to pound sand.

You agree all the time but this time I am wrong? That is a strawman many times, validating yourself, maybe you used it inadvertently but I doubt it very much. It is a simple tactic, nothing more.

Westwall, all your posts are spot on and factual but this time you failed allowing your emotion to effect your judgement, you got personal in your first post and that is not like you. Everything after that was opinion you attempted to validate with Google searches.

Most of the time I agree with your posts. Go back and look at the number of times I have agreed, or thanked your posts. I'm a scientist. I have been for longer than I'll wager you have been alive. John is a good friend of mine. I also helped get his foot in the door for his research on "Waiting For a Ship" thanks to my friends who at the time worked for APL. You are locked in a meme. San Diego is desert but go up to Julian and Idyllwild and the mountains in between and you have pine forest. California is made up of micro climates all over the place. The Mojave is a Basin and Range geomorphic province. That means you can have 130 degree temps at Badwater in DV and right next door you can have snow on the top of Telescope Peak.

You are thinking totally one dimensionally and ignoring actual facts. This weakens your overall argument. I can't stand extremists of any stripe and in this case it is you who are taking the extremist POV.

Most of the time I agree with your posts. Go back and look at the number of times I have agreed, or thanked your posts. I'm a scientist. I have been for longer than I'll wager you have been alive. John is a good friend of mine. I also helped get his foot in the door for his research on "Waiting For a Ship" thanks to my friends who at the time worked for APL. You are locked in a meme. San Diego is desert but go up to Julian and Idyllwild and the mountains in between and you have pine forest. California is made up of micro climates all over the place. The Mojave is a Basin and Range geomorphic province. That means you can have 130 degree temps at Badwater in DV and right next door you can have snow on the top of Telescope Peak.

You are thinking totally one dimensionally and ignoring actual facts. This weakens your overall argument. I can't stand extremists of any stripe and in this case it is you who are taking the extremist POV.
Micro Climates? Wow, you mean like sage, where I live? Seems like a stones throw to Idyllwild, Pine forests in between, yes and no, definitely not anything approaching continuous.

I know your posts, of late, I spoke of how I have felt, and in this OP you are off by a mile. I read and have most of McPhee's books, including Waiting for a ship. I have lived in the desert, the coast, from san diego to 29 palms, all the way to Vacaville, lived in Benicia for years, I visit carmel often, traveling through Bakersfield, on the south end of the Sierra's. I know California as well as anybody. Anza is between the places you speak of, not many pine trees there. Not any Red Mountain either. But there are Pines. Which means what? Certainly does not disagree with the OP of mine.

Facts, one dimensional, come on, now you are very weak, are you arguing that California does not have plenty of water.
Are you going to state that the government will not distort the facts to build a big water project? Will you state that Solar Farm construction is not using millions of gallons of water for dust control, it is in the Environmental Impact Statements.

One dimensional, I have put out more fact in this thread than you have responded with.

Lets talk rain, San Francisco airport is at 105% wy to date, yes? Mt. Shasta 102%, wy to date? Yes?

How about Bowman dam, 104%, Davis Experimental farm 102%, Stony Gorge, Whiskey Town Reservoir, Modesto AP, over a 100%

Cedarville 120%, Susanville 135%.

I contend that California has plenty of water, are you going to claim otherwise? Yea, the lake Tahoe area sucks right now, about 50% wy to date, give or take, according to noaa. Big deal, that is why we get water from the Feather river. The Feather river is fine, I guess at about 85%, without adding and averaging the 40 some stations totals.

westwall, normally your post are tight, but honestly your post # was not, and honestly I do question a few of your recent posts you have replied to of mine.

The extremist view is one as you began your response to me, if you have agreed and thanked all kinds of my posts, from a intellectual point of view you know I am prepared to provide links, books, and many sources to support my OP's. I do not merely have a title and that is it. When have I not followed up, been kind and civil to those who reply with facts and logical opinions.

Westwall, what have you offered, instead of stating Democrats, you use the term "progs"? It is Democrats that control the politics of water in California. Did you take a offence hence you can not state who we are speaking of?

Westwall, we have just finished the 5th month of this rainy season, yet your reply that we are in a drought for the entire state? You even posted a rainfall total for one tiny place, many stations in California are over a 100% wy to date.

Smiths River alone can be counted on for over 80 inches of water.

Yes there are many micro climates, I picked the data from noaa, to counter the extreme one sided view so many other threads portray.

At least my threads include the politics, the money, the power, and greed with lots of facts. You call this view way off base, one dimensional, extremist?

No westwall, the only extreme view was yours, nobody has suffered a drought, we have had democrat restrictions on water delivered to farmers for more years than we have had drought. Drought is not a crisis, Democrats are.

Bigot? Because I was born and raised in Bakersfield, fondly called BAKES? That I now live on the central coast and today it was 85 fucking degrees for the past 2 months and we are on water watch, nor can anyone buy land here to build a home because it won't pass the permit due to WATER shortage and all homes need PLUMBING?
Sure it snowed a bit this winter. BUT NOT ENOUGH for a good melt to fill damns, rivers, lakes.
Are you an idiot?
Paso Robles is at 89%, King City 91%, Watsonville Water Works 93%, and its only 5 months into the rainy season. A great year so far, 4 of the stations on the Central Coast are missing data, I wonder why? Further Monterey has been trying to get a desal plant going, but the politics and big players won't let them, they just defeated a proposal to make public the private water company that is screwing everything up. Care for details?

Much of the Central Coast never tied into the Aqueduct, simply to prevent people from being able to build, the Central Coast suffers a man-made water shortage. People have tried to tie Monterey and Carmel into the Aqueduct but the rich democrats put a stop to that. They tried to put a reservoir on the Carmel River, so they could build but the rich Democrats stopped that. The rich on the Central coast do all they can to prevent people from living there.

It has nothing to do with water, except that water is used as a tool to prevent growth.

Elektra doesn't know diddly squat but likes to pretend to know diddly squat. Paso and King City are nowhere near her "graft".

Meh. She/he is an idiot and no longer worth my time.

Micro Climates? Wow, you mean like sage, where I live? Seems like a stones throw to Idyllwild, Pine forests in between, yes and no, definitely not anything approaching continuous.

I know your posts, of late, I spoke of how I have felt, and in this OP you are off by a mile. I read and have most of McPhee's books, including Waiting for a ship. I have lived in the desert, the coast, from san diego to 29 palms, all the way to Vacaville, lived in Benicia for years, I visit carmel often, traveling through Bakersfield, on the south end of the Sierra's. I know California as well as anybody. Anza is between the places you speak of, not many pine trees there. Not any Red Mountain either. But there are Pines. Which means what? Certainly does not disagree with the OP of mine.

Facts, one dimensional, come on, now you are very weak, are you arguing that California does not have plenty of water.
Are you going to state that the government will not distort the facts to build a big water project? Will you state that Solar Farm construction is not using millions of gallons of water for dust control, it is in the Environmental Impact Statements.

One dimensional, I have put out more fact in this thread than you have responded with.

Lets talk rain, San Francisco airport is at 105% wy to date, yes? Mt. Shasta 102%, wy to date? Yes?

How about Bowman dam, 104%, Davis Experimental farm 102%, Stony Gorge, Whiskey Town Reservoir, Modesto AP, over a 100%

Cedarville 120%, Susanville 135%.

I contend that California has plenty of water, are you going to claim otherwise? Yea, the lake Tahoe area sucks right now, about 50% wy to date, give or take, according to noaa. Big deal, that is why we get water from the Feather river. The Feather river is fine, I guess at about 85%, without adding and averaging the 40 some stations totals.

westwall, normally your post are tight, but honestly your post # was not, and honestly I do question a few of your recent posts you have replied to of mine.

The extremist view is one as you began your response to me, if you have agreed and thanked all kinds of my posts, from a intellectual point of view you know I am prepared to provide links, books, and many sources to support my OP's. I do not merely have a title and that is it. When have I not followed up, been kind and civil to those who reply with facts and logical opinions.

Westwall, what have you offered, instead of stating Democrats, you use the term "progs"? It is Democrats that control the politics of water in California. Did you take a offence hence you can not state who we are speaking of?

Westwall, we have just finished the 5th month of this rainy season, yet your reply that we are in a drought for the entire state? You even posted a rainfall total for one tiny place, many stations in California are over a 100% wy to date.

Smiths River alone can be counted on for over 80 inches of water.

Yes there are many micro climates, I picked the data from noaa, to counter the extreme one sided view so many other threads portray.

At least my threads include the politics, the money, the power, and greed with lots of facts. You call this view way off base, one dimensional, extremist?

No westwall, the only extreme view was yours, nobody has suffered a drought, we have had democrat restrictions on water delivered to farmers for more years than we have had drought. Drought is not a crisis, Democrats are.

This is the best source for accurate water levels.

California Data Exchange Center

You claim all these rivers are above normal levels but the reality is far different. Here is the Feather River... as you can see PART of it is above normal. The rest on the other hand is at, or below.

FEATHER RIVER
OROVILLE ORO 3,537,577 760.12 1,773,853 2,530 50% 2,562,226 69 750 2,067 1,584,739
ANTELOPE ANT 22,566 5,002.27 22,815 0 101% 18,627 122 ---- ---- 20,088
FRENCHMAN FRD 55,477 5,558.59 20,249 17 37% 38,328 53 ---- ---- 27,986
LAKE DAVIS DAV 83,000 5,764.60 48,101 0 58%

I have already agreed with you that the democrat controlled State government has exacerbated the drought issue. What I dislike about your post in this case is you take the typical short term view of the AGW proponents who look at one warm day and say "look! Evidence of global warming!" You are ignoring some very real facts about the water situation in Cali. December was very, very good for Norcal, it added a ton of water to the system. However the south is still hurting. And badly.

Yes, Cali has a lot of water. Yes, the policies adopted by the state government are causing massive problems. There is no doubt of that. There is also no doubt that if the drought conditions continue, the problem will get worse. I am far from an alarmist. Idiots around here are bleating about how low the lakes are.... I remind them that 1992 was the lowest level for Tahoe with a level two feet below what we have now. But the issue is not one that should be treated in a cavalier manner. You state that most of Casli is desert. That is not correct. Most of southern Cali is indeed desert, but not all. Those areas provide essential runoff that is used in the south along with the three aqueducts that bring water in from north and east to LA.

There are good and bad Dems. Just like there are good and bad Repubs. The Dems who are the worst are those that identify themselves as progressives. We are being invaded by them right now and it takes tremendous resources to keep the bastards in check. Just refrain from painting all Dems with one brush. Like I said, generalizations such as those weaken your arguments.

Last edited:
So maybe California won't be broken off by an earthquake and drift out to sea.

Instead it'll just turn to dust and be blown out to sea.

OK, now where's the downside for the rest of the country in that?
Well we just heard they may be in the next couple of decades. There is still hope.

Forum List

Back