California doctor fights subpoena to hand over patient medical records for

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
We have to know who is putting others at risk.

Agreed, but don't trash everyone's privacy to do so.

Simply make proof of vaccinations mandatory for all for school attendance. School attendance is already mandatory.

When the parents produce no proof and the kiddies don't show up for school, go full bore after the parents for that.

Watch how fast the kiddies get their shots.

Simply make proof of vaccinations mandatory for all for school attendance. School attendance is already mandatory.

When the parents produce no proof and the kiddies don't show up for school, go full bore after the parents for that.

The goal is different. The information is so the city has an idea of where the next hot zone will be.

School attendance is not mandatory. You can homeschool and online school, as just two choices.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but I'm not really into the gov't being super nosy with who gets the shots either. I think there's a careful balance. The best course IMO would be a strong education campaign.

School attendance is not mandatory. You can homeschool and online school, as just two choices.

That's fine so long as the quality of education meets standards.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but I'm not really into the gov't being super nosy with who gets the shots either. I think there's a careful balance. The best course IMO would be a strong education campaign.

Education sometimes does not penetrate thick skulls. There is no right to place other people at risk.

Education sometimes does not penetrate thick skulls. There is no right to place other people at risk.

As to "meeting standards"--that depends on who has primary say over standards. IOW, WHO raises the children in our society, who has ultimate say over how they are raised?

You might assume, since I'm a teacher, I say it's of utmost importance that they are educated. And I do think parents are neglecting their duty if they're not educating, but how much power do we give The State OVER that education? It's not a small question.

Same with the issue of shots. You do not have the right to violate my body with a shot just because it puts YOUR body "at risk". That just does not compute at all. I don't think choosing not to vaccinate is in any way wise, especially if you're talking about the major vaccines. But that DOES NOT mean the gov't should force mandatory vaccines on people because "risk".

No way Billy.

As to "meeting standards"--that depends on who has primary say over standards. IOW, WHO raises the children in our society, who has ultimate say over how they are raised?

You might assume, since I'm a teacher, I say it's of utmost importance that they are educated. And I do think parents are neglecting their duty if they're not educating, but how much power do we give The State OVER that education? It's not a small question.

Same with the issue of shots. You do not have the right to violate my body with a shot just because it puts YOUR body "at risk". That just does not compute at all. I don't think choosing not to vaccinate is in any way wise, especially if you're talking about the major vaccines. But that DOES NOT mean the gov't should force mandatory vaccines on people because "risk".

No way Billy.

Fine. Go live in LA. :auiqs.jpg:

No way Billy.

Are you a conservative?

Would you really be okay with mandatory government shots? As a conservative?

I mean people. The Left dings us for wanting to "control their bodies". We don't really, or we do only for those nine months for the greater cause of NOT ENDING A LIFE. That's primary and can be justified. We should not try to justify "mandatory vaccines" wherein the gov't injects a substance into your body against your will. As conservatives. That is the ultimate "big daddy government" if there ever was one.

No way Billy.

Are you a conservative?

I am an issue-driven pragmatist.

No way Billy.

Are you a conservative?

I am an issue-driven pragmatist.

An absolutely horrible set of principles, pragmaticism, if that's your "highest" principles. Because then you're conscripting gov't to do whatever you think is a great idea at the time--whatever is pragmatic.

I would seriously rethink that.

Forum List

Back