Terri Schiavo's Feeding Tube to be Removed on Friday

Itsthetruth said:
I don't know why you're apologizing. No need to. Sorry, I don't have the time to help all posters find links to information they post here. That's not my job. I post links to news I present here. That's my job and responsibility.

I hope you are successful in finding a link to validate the news you presented here. It's a blockbuster!

Good luck to ya!

He doesnt have to validate it. I can tell you that I heard the same thing on the radio. I think it was her brother that was mentioning it.

Fox News just reported that Terry Schiavos sister is saying that Michael has suspened all family visits. If true,he is a true SOB!!!!They said they has video,but something got screwed up.

ReillyT said:
Basically, you are saying that Congress is interfering in a decision of a court of Florida, which heard and weighed evidence, applying Florida law because they disagree with either the decision or how the decision was reached.

Where are all the limited government/ states' rights issue people now?

The court and the appeals courts have considered this issue thoroughly. Congress has no reason to become involved in an issue that concerns Florida and its citizens alone.

Does the Consitution provide for the protection of each and every citizen??? Yes it does, so now does the legislative branch have the responsibility to look at the judgements of one FLA State judge to see if Terri was properly represented in a case of life or death, yes it does. Should Congress butt in to mundane things such as smoking rights, parking regulations, state finance laws? Of course not.

Here's a petition for those who want the feeding tube replaced.

http://www.cfra.info/213/petition.asp?PID=8396764&NID=1

I think it's horrible that a person's life is put in the balance based on what is essentially hearsay about a wish that was kept secret for seven years. Even if Terri did tell her husband that she wouldn't want to live if she was being kept alive by a machine, that's not what they are dealing with. This isn't a machine that keeps her heart beating or assists her with breathing, it's a feeding tube. She breaths on her own, her heart beats on it's own, she is awake and responds to people. Taking out her feeding tube is denying her food and water. Even if there are medications that keep her from suffering, it's just starving her to death and I don't see how people can justify that in any way. There are many reasons I'm against the feeding tube being removed, not the least of which is the fact that not all medical avenues have been taken in treating Terri. In the end, it's not even really a question of how someone would want to live, but how someone would want to die.

ReillyT said:
Basically, you are saying that Congress is interfering in a decision of a court of Florida, which heard and weighed evidence, applying Florida law because they disagree with either the decision or how the decision was reached.

Where are all the limited government/ states' rights issue people now?

The court and the appeals courts have considered this issue thoroughly. Congress has no reason to become involved in an issue that concerns Florida and its citizens alone.

I disagree, Reilly. This case might present an exciting opportunity for America to witness the XIVth Amendment being applied in a matter for which it was INTENDED - for once.

Itsthetruth said:
Most radio/TV stations now have websites up and running. You didn't know that? You're assuming the poster doesn't have a link to this hot news story. If the poster does have a news link don't you want them to post it?

What's your point?

Most radio/TV stations have websites, but I don't know of one that keeps transcripts of every single word that is said during a broadcast day. I saw her brother on "FOX and Friends" a couple of days ago and he said the same thing about her trying to say "I want..."

There are now three people on this board that have said they heard it or saw it, you can take our words or not. I don't know how much of a "hot news story" it is for those of us that realize she is alert, does comprehend what is going on, and can communicate.

I came across this long after I posted, so I came back and added it.

http://www.theempirejournal.com/0319052_attorneys_last_visit_wit.htm

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050321/ap_on_re_us/brain_damaged_woman

Fate of Terri Schiavo Rests With Judge

13 minutes ago U.S. National - AP

By VICKIE CHACHERE, Associated Press Writer

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. - The fate of Terri Schiavo once again was in the hands of a judge early Monday following an extraordinary, day-long political fight over the brain-damaged woman that consumed both chambers of Congress and the president.

Taking the Senate's lead, the House early Monday passed a bill to let the woman's parents ask a federal judge to prolong Schiavo's life by reinserting her feeding tube. President Bush (news - web sites) signed the measure less than an hour later.

An attorney for her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, later arrived at federal district court in Tampa to file a request for an emergency injunction to keep their daughter fed.

It was unclear when the judge might rule once the documents were filed.

"I'm numb, I'm just totally numb. This whole thing, it's hard to believe it," Bob Schindler told reporters outside the hospice where his daughter entered her fourth day without food or water.

Schiavo's husband, Michael Schiavo, said he was outraged that congressional leaders were intervening in the contentious right-to-die battle. He has battled for years with his wife's parents over whether she should be permitted to die or kept alive through the feeding tube...

Bonnie said:
Does the Consitution provide for the protection of each and every citizen??? Yes it does, so now does the legislative branch have the responsibility to look at the judgements of one FLA State judge to see if Terri was properly represented in a case of life or death, yes it does. Should Congress butt in to mundane things such as smoking rights, parking regulations, state finance laws? Of course not.
all you've done is approve the US congress to pick and choose what parts of the constitution apply and what does not in any given case. You act as if the state of florida is not bound by that same constitution.

Guaranteed that if the parents had won this florida state case, nobody would be bitching about getting congress involved. That should tell you the intrusiveness you're approving just to have your way.

SmarterThanYou said:
all you've done is approve the US congress to pick and choose what parts of the constitution apply and what does not in any given case. You act as if the state of florida is not bound by that same constitution.

Guaranteed that if the parents had won this florida state case, nobody would be bitching about getting congress involved. That should tell you the intrusiveness you're approving just to have your way.

and the intrusiveness of the judicial system is ok----a lot of this is backlash for judges overstepping their authority---The case has become one of principals instead of a case of law. Everyone is to blame for this one.

KING: Have you had any contact with the family today? This is a sad day all the way around, Michael. We know of your dispute.

M. SCHIAVO: I've had no contact with them.

KING: No contact at all?

M. SCHIAVO: No.

KING: Do you understand how they feel?

M. SCHIAVO: Yes, I do. But this is not about them, it's about Terri. And I've also said that in court. We didn't know what Terri wanted, but this is what we want...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0503/18/lkl.01.html

dilloduck said:
and the intrusiveness of the judicial system is ok----a lot of this is backlash for judges overstepping their authority---The case has become one of principals instead of a case of law. Everyone is to blame for this one.
but theres only one person paying a price for this, thats terri schiavo. congrats.

SmarterThanYou said:
but theres only one person paying a price for this, thats terri schiavo. congrats.
Wrong again---her family is suffering along with many others who feel the law is wrong in this case.

RE[/ TP, DELAY (R) TEXAS: In my opinion, the sanctity of life overshadows the sanctity of marriage.

there it is folks. screw the sanctity of marriage. your gay marriage opposition just folded.

dilloduck said:
Please----he's not saying queers should be killed !!!
what does that have to do with it. what has happened is the sanctity of my marriage just became a government affair. I cannot make a decision on the medical care of my wife without a federal review. thats what it boils down to.

SmarterThanYou said:
there it is folks. screw the sanctity of marriage. your gay marriage opposition just folded.

You really arent this dumb are you? The fact that life is more sacred than marriage doesnt make marriage less sacred. If a man tries to murder his wife you are darned right it trumps his marriage rights. No wife is chattel to her husband. He doesnt get the right to starve her to death.

A nurse has given an affidavit that she spoon fed Terri. Michael is denying Terri the opportunity to relearn to eat even though she can clearly do it. he wants her starving. What kind of husband wants that? The desire to murder your spouse does destroy the sanctity of your marriage.

But tell me what pro life issue trumps opposition of gay marriage? In fact its the attitude that favors life that supports the opposition to gay marriage. Respecting life isnt simply being civil on how life leaves this world. Its respect how life comes into this world. You cant respect life if you misuse the powers of procreation.

You really arent this dumb are you? The fact that life is more sacred than marriage doesnt make marriage less sacred. If a man tries to murder his wife you are darned right it trumps his marriage rights. No wife is chattel to her husband. He doesnt get the right to starve her to death.
first off, you can not prove that he tried to murder his wife. There WAS an investigation at the onset and there was NO probable cause. Secondly, you continue to equate compliance with terri's wish to not live like this with murder. what is YOUR solution to complying with terri's wish? EVEN IF you dont' agree NOW, what is your solution if the USSC agrees that its terri's wish?

A nurse has given an affidavit that she spoon fed Terri.
and it was apparently dismissed by the florida courts as being false.

But tell me what pro life issue trumps opposition of gay marriage? In fact its the attitude that favors life that supports the opposition to gay marriage. Respecting life isnt simply being civil on how life leaves this world. Its respect how life comes into this world. You cant respect life if you misuse the powers of procreation.
you obviously didn't get the sarcasm of quoting things out of context like zhukov did. You also seem to conveniently forget that I'm NOT a roe v wade supporter.

SmarterThanYou said:
first off, you can not prove that he tried to murder his wife. There WAS an investigation at the onset and there was NO probable cause. Secondly, you continue to equate compliance with terri's wish to not live like this with murder. what is YOUR solution to complying with terri's wish? EVEN IF you dont' agree NOW, what is your solution if the USSC agrees that its terri's wish?

and it was apparently dismissed by the florida courts as being false.

you obviously didn't get the sarcasm of quoting things out of context like zhukov did. You also seem to conveniently forget that I'm NOT a roe v wade supporter.
Whats you damn problem with congress challenging a court ruling?

dilloduck said:
Whats you damn problem with congress challenging a court ruling?
its a federal intervention into the courts of a state. A direct and unconcsionable violation of the 10th amendment and I can't wait to see this ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court. even scalia should see it that way or we now have to deal with the republicans agreeing that we have a living constitution.

Forum List

Back