‘California’ Congressman Adam Schiff Has Full-Time Home In Maryland

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Everyone is fleeing shithole California.

“While he also claims a “primary residence” in California, sources say he is ‘rarely’ on the West Coast.”

Simply hilarious.

Everyone is fleeing shithole California.

“While he also claims a “primary residence” in California, sources say he is ‘rarely’ on the West Coast.”

Simply hilarious.

should be able to get him removed from the ballot,, but they need a non corrupt court for that to happen,,

Can hardly blame him for not wanting to live in CA. Although someone with integrity wouldn't attempt to represent a state they don't live in. Guess that's not Schiff.

But that’s kind of to be expected for someone who’s job is in dc isn’t it?

He represents California you fucking ignoramus.

Jesus.

In all seriousness: Where do these people spawn from who think "I'm ripe and ready to join a political message board and have an informed discussion!"

And why are they virtually invariably Leftists?

Jesus.

In all seriousness: Where do these people spawn from who think "I'm ripe and ready to join a political message board and have an informed discussion!"

But he works in DC

Many, many Congress members maintain homes in the DC area.

Biden never did

Jesus.

A lot of congressmen have second homes around the dc area, or apartments etc. This isn’t uncommon.

Now, if he never goes back to California, at all, that’s a problem, because you’re right, they do represent their districts and they are supposed to be there, im not sure how often. If a congressman wants to have a second home near work, that’s not a problem, as long as they pay for it themselves and not this BS thing where they gave themselves a $34,000 per year housing raise.

And I’m not a leftist…why do people say that? If you have a thought that goes against “the group” you’re labeled a leftist. I simply looked at the story, and thought “hmm, they spend a lot of time in dc, seems reasonable that many in congress would have some type of residence there. That doesn’t make me a leftist…

Jesus.

He was hired by Californians to work in D.C. Monday- Friday.

Can hardly blame him for not wanting to live in CA. Although someone with integrity wouldn't attempt to represent a state they don't live in. Guess that's not Schiff.
integrity????? from a career politician????

He paid taxes as if it was his primary home.

Try again.

Actually, please don't.

Spare us.
For tax purposes, your primary home is the one you reside in most of the time…in this case Maryland

For tax purposes, a principal residence is the dwelling that a person inhabits most of the time. It does not matter whether it is a house, apartment, trailer, or boat, as long as it is where an individual, couple, or family lives most of the time. It is also referred to as a primary residence or main residence.

Last edited:
He paid taxes as if it was his primary home.

Try again.

Actually, please don't.

Spare us.
Seems he filed for tax exemptions on his condo in Burbank but not on his home in Maryland.

Now one thing that does make all this look suspicious is that he has a 650 sq ft condo in California and a large home in Maryland. That certainly would show where his priorities are

You’d think the big home would be in California and his apartment would be in Maryland.

Where does his family stay?

Seems he filed for tax exemptions on his condo in Burbank but not on his home in Maryland.

Now one thing that does make all this look suspicious is that he has a 650 sq ft condo in California and a large home in Maryland. That certainly would show where his priorities are

You’d think the big home would be in California and his apartment would be in Maryland.

Where does his family stay?

As a member of Congress, he spends most of his time in DC and that is where he keeps his family. Shouldn’t his family be near him instead of the other side of the country ?
He maintains a residence in California where he grew up and went to school.

As a member of Congress, he spends most of his time in DC and that is where he keeps his family. Shouldn’t his family be near him instead of the other side of the country ?
He maintains a residence in California where he grew up and went to school.

He should be with his family, however, it does look suspicious that his “main” home is in Maryland, where he spends most of his time and his 650 square apartment is in California where he spends little time.

I understand why he has a residence in Maryland, but the optics do appear that he maintains that small condo in Burbank purely because he has to have a connection to california. Being that his big home is in Maryland and he apparently doesn’t own a home in california, I expect that when he retires from congress, he will probably leave California behind and move to Maryland. I could be wrong though, but the optics are a bit off putting in that regard.

He should be with his family, however, it does look suspicious that his “main” home is in Maryland, where he spends most of his time and his 650 square apartment is in California where he spends little time.

I understand why he has a residence in Maryland, but the optics do appear that he maintains that small condo in Burbank purely because he has to have a connection to california. Being that his big home is in Maryland and he apparently doesn’t own a home in california, I expect that when he retires from congress, he will probably leave California behind and move to Maryland. I could be wrong though, but the optics are a bit off putting in that regard.

It is common sense that he would want his family with him where he works……DC

Why have a huge, expensive home in California that you don’t use much?

It is common sense that he would want his family with him where he works……DC

Why have a huge, expensive home in California that you don’t use much?
Optics. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but, don’t most congress people have their main home back in their district and then have an apartment in or around dc? Schiff appears to have his main home in dc and his apartment back in his district. I understand why he does that, but certainly on the surface, it appears he only has the California condo because he has to. If they made a law that stated they didn’t have to have a residence in their home district, you’d probably see him drop that condo.

Forum List

Back