California Burning

I hate it for them, but when you will not allow the under brush to be cleared from your forest because you believe in climate change. It's hard to feel sorry for them. Hopefully the will learn their lesson this time.
---------------------------------- i don't think they will as i think that allowing the fires to burn is the plan IKGood .

The cause of the fires is mixed. Some are natural, but a great many are due to the appallingly incompetent land and water management policies by the state government (with an assist by the Feds).

Billions for a train to nowhere, but pittances for forest management. And the insane campaign to prevent grazing on public lands hasn't helped any.

TRUMP just said . no more Fed Money for mismanagement . [or something similar]

Huh,

God does answer prayers.

Even mine.

Go figure.
People dying. What God do you pray to?
PARADISE, Calif., Nov 10 (Reuters) - Two monster wildfires burned out of control on Saturday in northern and southern California, having already killed at least nine people and forced hundreds of thousands to flee their homes.

President Donald Trump blamed the fires on forest mismanagement and threatened to withdraw related federal funding.

In Los Angeles County, the 35,000-acre (14,164 hectares) Woolsey Fire was threatening 75,000 homes and more than 200,000 people were under mandatory evacuation early on Saturday.

Some of the evacuation orders were for residents within the City of Los Angeles in the West Hills area. It was unclear how many homes have been evacuated within the City of Los Angeles.
Crazy Cali is reaping what they sow... Karma is a bitch

"Mother Nature is always speaking. She speaks in a language understood within the peaceful mind of the sincere observer. Leopards, cobras, monkeys, rivers and trees; they all served as my teachers when I lived as a wanderer in the Himalayan foothills."
Radhanath Swami

The more we ignore Climate Change, the more of us will be impacted by the force of nature. It is almost past time to change our ways, if we are to leave a planet healthy enough to support good health in all living things.

Airnow.gov is showing that the air quality in Oakland is 182 (red unhealthy). Overnight it was higher than 200 - purple hazardous.

We're just staying indoors with the air filters going. Fortunately we have a full HEPA on the HVAC which is working well. We also have a small portable unit that I have going full blast in the bedroom.

Huh,

God does answer prayers.

Even mine.

Go figure.
PARADISE, Calif., Nov 10 (Reuters) - Two monster wildfires burned out of control on Saturday in northern and southern California, having already killed at least nine people and forced hundreds of thousands to flee their homes.

President Donald Trump blamed the fires on forest mismanagement and threatened to withdraw related federal funding.

In Los Angeles County, the 35,000-acre (14,164 hectares) Woolsey Fire was threatening 75,000 homes and more than 200,000 people were under mandatory evacuation early on Saturday.

Some of the evacuation orders were for residents within the City of Los Angeles in the West Hills area. It was unclear how many homes have been evacuated within the City of Los Angeles.

"Mother Nature is always speaking. She speaks in a language understood within the peaceful mind of the sincere observer. Leopards, cobras, monkeys, rivers and trees; they all served as my teachers when I lived as a wanderer in the Himalayan foothills."
Radhanath Swami

The more we ignore Climate Change, the more of us will be impacted by the force of nature. It is almost past time to change our ways, if we are to leave a planet healthy enough to support good health in all living things.

Oh Puh-LEEEZE. This has absolutely nothing to do with Your Climate Change Imaginary Friend-Gawd being angry. These fire are due to terrible land management practices.

Airnow.gov is showing that the air quality in Oakland is 182 (red unhealthy). Overnight it was higher than 200 - purple hazardous.

We're just staying indoors with the air filters going. Fortunately we have a full HEPA on the HVAC which is working well. We also have a small portable unit that I have going full blast in the bedroom.
I don't pray much but I am now for the safety of those unfortunate folks

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

‘The Whole World Was on Fire’: Infernos Choke California, Piling On the Grief
In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad, for the time I was with my parents, with the department's one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds eventually returned and the rains fell. The crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
/----/ About time:Trump threatens to withhold California fire aid, citing state's 'gross mismanagement' of forests
As California burns, Trump threatens to withhold fire aid, slams 'gross mismanagement' of forests
Tweeting from Paris early Saturday, Trump wrote that “there is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly fires in California.” He added that “billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!”

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember him seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
At one time the water canals of southern Californication had water flowing into them. But those damn liberals decided that the delta smelt was endangered so that water no longer was allowed down there. Guess what? The Desert is taking back what mankind had cultivated. Liberals hate people and this just proves it. Vote for liberals and your life will eventually be miserable and you will end up with nothing...

A Brief History of Irrigation in the Imperial Valley, California - DesertUSA
Delta Smelt, Icon of California Water Wars, Is Almost Extinct
California Dumps a Trillion Gallons of Fresh Water in the Ocean; Declares Water Shortage
Blame California's Liberal Politics for Water Rationing

I feel no empathy for these liberals who deserve all the misery Gov Moonbeam Brown is forcing upon them. Karma is a bitch.
Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian and other stars forced out as Woolsey fire evacuations affect thousands - Los Angeles Times
Like their tens of thousands of fellow evacuees were doing, famous folks such as Alyssa Milano and Guillermo del Toro gave status updates and expressed their thanks. On her Instagram stories, Lady Gaga posted photos of her evacuating her Malibu home.

Caitlyn {BRUCE} Jenner wasn’t as lucky, with TMZ reporting Friday that she had lost her home as the fire spread across the hills of Malibu.
Lucifer is laughing at these immoral fuckers.
No rain so fire takes over from careless humans and you show your utter contempt for what humans can't control, you are despicable and low. You offer zero ideas or solutions only a vile spew from a villainous snake. Normally it rains in California this time of year.

Huh,

God does answer prayers.

Even mine.

Go figure.

Radhanath Swami

Oh Puh-LEEEZE. This has absolutely nothing to do with Your Climate Change Imaginary Friend-Gawd being angry. These fire are due to terrible land management practices.
And guess who blames land management BEFORE speaking of how sorrowful he is at this tragedy Trump is the answer

California burns.

It's what California does.

It's what California has done for centuries, nay, tens of thousands of years.

One of the main reason people shouldn't live there.

Except, of course, Democrats. All of them should. Live in California.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad, for the time I was with my parents, with the department's one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds eventually returned and the rains fell. The crisis was over.

/----/ About time:Trump threatens to withhold California fire aid, citing state's 'gross mismanagement' of forests
As California burns, Trump threatens to withhold fire aid, slams 'gross mismanagement' of forests
Tweeting from Paris early Saturday, Trump wrote that “there is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly fires in California.” He added that “billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!”
Trump again shows his lack of knowledge about arid regions that he has never lived in.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember him seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

At one time the water canals of southern Californication had water flowing into them. But those damn liberals decided that the delta smelt was endangered so that water no longer was allowed down there. Guess what? The Desert is taking back what mankind had cultivated. Liberals hate people and this just proves it. Vote for liberals and your life will eventually be miserable and you will end up with nothing...

A Brief History of Irrigation in the Imperial Valley, California - DesertUSA
Delta Smelt, Icon of California Water Wars, Is Almost Extinct
California Dumps a Trillion Gallons of Fresh Water in the Ocean; Declares Water Shortage
Blame California's Liberal Politics for Water Rationing

I feel no empathy for these liberals who deserve all the misery Gov Moonbeam Brown is forcing upon them. Karma is a bitch.
Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian and other stars forced out as Woolsey fire evacuations affect thousands - Los Angeles Times
Like their tens of thousands of fellow evacuees were doing, famous folks such as Alyssa Milano and Guillermo del Toro gave status updates and expressed their thanks. On her Instagram stories, Lady Gaga posted photos of her evacuating her Malibu home.

Caitlyn {BRUCE} Jenner wasn’t as lucky, with TMZ reporting Friday that she had lost her home as the fire spread across the hills of Malibu.
Lucifer is laughing at these immoral fuckers.
What a sad commentary of today's world.
Truth hurts doesn't it? Everywhere liberalism has encroached, death and destruction has followed.

Affordable housing section of Detroit.
cairo_garbage_city_poor_neighborhood.jpg
Liberalism has encroached the entire USA and that is not a picture of any US city.
It is a city in Egypt name "garbage city". You have again been proven to be a liar and a charlatan..

The cause of these fires are found to be campfires by the homeless or illegals. Or, pot growers tending to an illegal grow. In other words, self inflicted.

As usual, you have no idea about the issue at hand. Why do you post? Are you desperate for attention from the bigotry set?
Just telling the truth. In the land of deceit, telling the truth is a capital offense.

These fires are the babies of the unholy union of lawlessness and an EPA out of control.

Radhanath Swami

And guess who blames land management BEFORE speaking of how sorrowful he is at this tragedy Trump is the answer

Trump is accurate. A proper reaction is to be angry at the mismanagement that made this out of control fire possible.

The cause of these fires are found to be campfires by the homeless or illegals. Or, pot growers tending to an illegal grow. In other words, self inflicted.

As usual, you have no idea about the issue at hand. Why do you post? Are you desperate for attention from the bigotry set?
Just telling the truth. In the land of deceit, telling the truth is a capital offense.

These fires are the babies of the unholy union of lawlessness and an EPA out of control.
Which is under the authority of the President...So the president says he is a mismanager...

Radhanath Swami

Trump is accurate. A proper reaction is to be angry at the mismanagement that made this out of control fire possible.
Be angry I'm fine with that BUT not before offering some condolence for the tragedy those folks face

Radhanath Swami

So far it was campers that set the fire and high winds with no precipitation in months.....Is Trump going to make God produce some rain?

Forum List

Back