Cal. Senate Race Tightens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    Could this finely be the year that California unloads Boxer, all I can say is Please..:eusa_pray:

California Senator Barbara Boxer is now the latest Democratic incumbent to find herself in a tightening race for reelection

Boxer leads former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina by just three points, 46% to 43%. In November, Boxer was also at the 46% level of support but led Fiorina by nine points.

The longtime Democratic senator runs best right now against state Assemblyman Chuck Devore, beating him by six points, 46% to 40%. Two months ago, though, she posted a 10-point lead on DeVore, 49% to 39%.

As for Campbell, the ex-congressman and former state finance director who on Thursday quit the governor’s race to jump into the Senate contest, Boxer leads him by just four points, 46% to 42%.

Election 2010: California Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE"]Please, oh merciful Gd, Please[/ame]

3. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,172

I watched Carly Fiorina during an interview. That lady is one smart cookie when it comes to the economy. Californian's would be real stupid with the unemployment rate they have to re-elect Boxer.

4. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    Any reason is a good reason to get rid of Boxer..:eusa_pray:

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,206
    Eh... too early to make predictions. But I hope whoever is there gives her a run for the money.

6. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Boxer is a perfect example of someone serving far too long in Congress. She has become so corrupt. She has to go. She hasn't done anything for California either. She'll probably win though. The Left Wing loons only vote on a couple of wedge issues out there. They'll support her because of her stances on abortion and gay marriage. The Left Wing loons aren't very intelligent. She'll probably win and continue to do nothing for California. Boxer,Feinstein,and Pelosi have destroyed Califonia. They should go but don't count on it. It is what it is.

7. Skeptik

Skeptik Astute observer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98

No, the "left wing loons" aren't very smart to base their votes on gay marriage and abortion, but then, the right wing loons aren't too smart to base votes on the same two issues. Will Boxer be unseated finally? It's a bit to early to be sure, but maybe.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more speculation about this race, especially from the partisan Republicans who are hoping for a return to power in Congress and see every possible Democratic defeat as a repudiation of Obama's administration.

What we really need are term limits for congresscritters. Politics should be a limited time of public service, not a career.

8. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Term Limits would be something many of us could agree on. I think that's an issue both Liberals and Conservatives could come together on. Lets hope it happens at some point.

9. Contessa_Sharra

Contessa_Sharra Searcher for Accuracy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    If she is so smart, how come HP got so screwed up under her watch?

Thanks but no thanks, I'd rather have the witch I know than the bitch I don't trust!

10. TheSuaveOne

TheSuaveOne Man without a party

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Not me. IMO, term limits should be eliminated on all elected positions. If the incumbant is so bad, you feel they should not get re-elected...go out and vote them out. Don't limit my ability to re-elect someone who I feel is doing a good job, just because some people have taken advantage of the system.

-TSO