Cain’s Lawyer Warns Other Accusers To ‘Think Twice’ Before Coming Forward

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Cain’s Lawyer Warns Other Accusers To ‘Think Twice’ Before Coming Forward Or They’ll Be Smeared Too

By Marie Diamond

A story in today’s New York Times offers a disturbing look at the smear tactics and threats the Cain campaign is using to intimidate the four women accusing the candidate of sexual harassment, and any women that might come forward in the future:

More: Cain's Lawyer Warns Other Accusers To 'Think Twice' Before Coming Forward Or They'll Be Smeared Too | ThinkProgress

New York Times: Cain’s Lawyer on Accusing: ‘Think Twice’

cain-pervert1.jpg

lol

I read a different article. He doesn't smear. He sues people's asses off who lie and defame his clients. From another one of my posts.

Aye carumba! Check out his high profile victories.

Wood represented Richard Jewell, who was suspected and cleared of the Atlanta Olympic Park bombing and later filed libel suits against media organizations and a local college, some of which were settled.

Wood's other notable clients included John and Patsy Ramsey, suspected but later cleared in the unsolved murder of their daughter JonBenet Ramsey. The couple filed defamation suits against a number of media companies.

Wood also filed a defamation lawsuit against Vanity Fair writer Dominick Dunne on behalf of former congressman Gary Condit, who was romantically involved with intern Chandra Levy but never an official suspect in her 2001 murder. The suit was settled for an undisclosed amount.

Very interesting. This is going to make for a very fascinating time period if Sharon and Karen hold a joint press conference.

Here's a great article on him at the link.

Cain defamation lawyer hired to monitor accusations | Reuters

Last edited:
Now let's put things in perspective. Sharon and Karen have offered the same proof as Larry Sinclair.

Lakhota, if you believe the women, surely then you believe Larry correct?

Now let's put things in perspective. Sharon and Karen have offered the same proof as Larry Sinclair.

Actually, there were witnesses to Cains crude behavior towards a subordinate. Are you going to sue them too?

Actually, there were witnesses to Cains crude behavior towards a subordinate. Are you going to sue them too?

Are you referring to the anonymous friend of the anonymous complainant that CNN interviewedx or Chris Wilson the lying pollster for Perry?

:lol:

I say let's have at it. Bring forth all the bimbos and put them front and center. Game on.

If that is what Cain's Lawyers are saying then it is more likely than not, that Cain has a malpractice suit against his lawyers in the future.

To make threat against a witness is unlawful and illegal. Futhermore, despite what Cain has done, his lawyers have no room to threaten persons who have make allegations against him. And in doing so they are not serving their client Mr. Cain well. In fact they are doing him harm.

Every person that has made sexual allegations against Cain has legal representation. In one case that we know of she does not want to seek civil litigation. If Cain's lawyers take it there---they are misrepresenting him. There is no reason that his lawyers should take it there. Unless they want to file a frivilous lawsuit against a women who has no money. Hmmm...lets see...file a lawsuit against a women who has an amazing sexual harassment lawyer to defend her.

The "Think Twice" before coming forward mean nothing on the day when Penn State is under attack by the state attorney general, grand jury, and federal investigators.

Moral and ethics against sexual assualt need to be put above business profit and personal reputations.

Threats are meaningless...when people's lives are at stake.

Are you referring to the anonymous friend of the anonymous complainant that CNN interviewedx or Chris Wilson the lying pollster for Perry?

I say let's have at it. Bring forth all the bimbos and put them front and center. Game on.

As we have seen they are starting to come out of the woodwork. Most have stories of Cains boorish behavior around women. I have not seen many come forward defending Cains character

However, the most damning is Cains own behavior since this has started. The ever changing stories, arrogance and bluster do not bode well for his short career in politics

If that is what Cain's Lawyers are saying then it is more likely than not, that Cain has a malpractice suit against his lawyers in the future.

To make threat against a witness is unlawful and illegal. Futhermore, despite what Cain has done, his lawyers have no room to threaten persons who have make allegations against him. And in doing so they are not serving their client Mr. Cain well. In fact they are doing him harm.

Every person that has made sexual allegations against Cain has legal representation. In one case that we know of she does not want to seek civil litigation. If Cain's lawyers take it there---they are misrepresenting him. There is no reason that his lawyers should take it there. Unless they want to file a frivilous lawsuit against a women who has no money. Hmmm...lets see...file a lawsuit against a women who has an amazing sexual harassment lawyer to defend her.

The "Think Twice" before coming forward mean nothing on the day when Penn State is under attack by the state attorney general, grand jury, and federal investigators.

Moral and ethics against sexual assualt need to be put above business profit and personal reputations.

Threats are meaningless...when people's lives are at stake.

Are you a lawyer?

Maybe you really should check out this man's creditials. He's a high powered, very well respected defamation lawyer.

Here's the quote without the asshole spin.

In general, he said, anyone considering making public accusations of wrongdoing against another person should carefully consider the wisdom and potential consequences in taking such action.

"Anyone should think twice before you take that type of action. And I think it's particularly true when you are making serious accusations against someone running for president of the United States, but I think it's equally true if you are making those accusations against your next door neighbor."

How the hell is that a threat? That's what I call a word to the wise to those who think they can just blow shit out their asses in an attempt to defame someone.

Cain defamation lawyer hired to monitor accusations | Reuters

As we have seen they are starting to come out of the woodwork. Most have stories of Cains boorish behavior around women. I have not seen many come forward defending Cains character

However, the most damning is Cains own behavior since this has started. The ever changing stories, arrogance and bluster do not bode well for his short career in politics

I guess you missed the article from another former head of the NRA whose tenure in different positions overlapped Cain's.

I'd like to know how a man can have had 40 some odd years worth of careers from working for the U.S. Navy and thru all his other high powered jobs up to and including his latest stints in radio and there has been nothing absolutely johnny nada in all these years.

Why nothing when he headed up Godfathers? Nothing when he was turning Burger King around?

And no proof of jack shit now with these bimbos.

This is a smear campaign pure and simple. And I'm thrilled he's hired this lawyer.

Last edited:
... Herman Cain has never lived in Chicago. But you know who has? David Axelrod! And guess who lived in Axelrod's very building? Right again: Cain's latest accuser, Sharon Bialek.

Bialek's accusations were certainly specific. But they also demonstrated why anonymous accusations are worthless.

Within 24 hours of Bialek's press conference, friends and acquaintances of hers stepped forward to say that she's a "gold-digger," that she was constantly in financial trouble – having filed for personal bankruptcy twice – and, of course, that she had lived in Axelrod's apartment building at 505 North Lake Shore Drive, where, she admits, she knew the man the New York Times calls Obama's "hired muscle."

SOURCE

... Herman Cain has never lived in Chicago. But you know who has? David Axelrod! And guess who lived in Axelrod's very building? Right again: Cain's latest accuser, Sharon Bialek.

Bialek's accusations were certainly specific. But they also demonstrated why anonymous accusations are worthless.

Within 24 hours of Bialek's press conference, friends and acquaintances of hers stepped forward to say that she's a "gold-digger," that she was constantly in financial trouble – having filed for personal bankruptcy twice – and, of course, that she had lived in Axelrod's apartment building at 505 North Lake Shore Drive, where, she admits, she knew the man the New York Times calls Obama's "hired muscle."

SOURCE

More BS deflections. Instead of trying to spin some conspiracy theory involving Obama, Cain should man up and either admit it or do an honest job of proving his accusers wrong, instead of making up BS conspiracy theories. I'm sure this one will work for him just as well as the lie that one of the accuser's son works for Politico. :lol::lol::lol:

Gosh darn it! If Cain would just say he did it and he is sorry--and everyone can move on then maybe the country could move on. If he conceded that what his accussered said may by true in some fashion and he had a different take on the situation, then perhaps his statements would be not worthly.

Cain is a likeable guy with humor---Perhaps if the five women who claim he sexaully assaulted them and Cain sit around a table and hash it out ... in public there will be resolution.

Sexaul assault is not a funny matter---still people must move on in life. Futhermore, all persons involved were adults at the time and a conversation on the issue is in order.

The man wants to be President of United States...he has work hard...why not allow him to confront his accusers in the public forum and not the court room.

Adult TV at its best.---Maybe some cable network like TLC will pick it up as a reality show.

To make threat against a witness is unlawful and illegal.

LOL it was not a threat. It was a request. Please think about what you are doing before you do it. Assuming lawyers believe Cain when he says he didn't do it, then it is only natural that they would ask people to think twice before making Unsubstantiated Accusations. After all Cain is their client that it is their job to look out for him. In this day and age when a well timed accusation, true or Lie, can destroy someones Campaign Hopes, It's only Prudent to ask people to think before they accuse, and possibly provide some actual Evidence.

Whats with these Un-Named Accusers, and Un-Named fireds backing up their claims. If were going to end someones Campaign Hopes, it only makes sense for us to have some Concrete Facts before we do. Hell why am I even arguing with you libs, If Cain was A democrat you would Defend him, and tell us you think it's cool he is getting some. At least that is what you did when Clinton Was accused of Sexual Harassment, Adultery, Perjury and lying to the American People. All of which were TRUE!!! Hell you still defend him to this day, and I know if he could run again you would vote for him. Guess it's ok for a White Liberal Democrat to be a lying, Womanizing, Cheating, Perjury committing, Fuck bag. Yet it is entirely not ok for a Black Conservative Republican to just be a liar and a womanizer. lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back