Cain gets Secret Service to shield him from press

What's wrong"??? All of you leftist HYPOCRITES, where'd ya go?? Open that big mouth and insert foot. You Zombies are too predictable = STOOPID.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2007/05/barack_obama_ge/

By Richard Esposito
May 3, 2007 3:47pm
Barack Obama Gets Secret Service Protection
Email 56 Smaller Font Text Larger Text | Print

Jake Tapper contributed to this report. Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama was put under the protection of the United States Secret Service Thursday, the earliest in an election cycle that the Secret Service has placed a presidential candidate under its protection, the Secret Service said.

I don't recall Obama hiding from the press when he was campaigning. Cain refuses to answer questions, even from FOX. :eek:

Now he has the SS to keep the press at bay....LOfuckingL.

Exactly. I don't recall him hiding, either. One hand washes the other; the candidates need the press, and vice-versa.

He didn't have to, the press was protecting him :eusa_whistle:

protecting him? that's kind of funny..

as i recall, he had to make a speech about race during the course of his campaign because there was so much insanity on the part of the press AND the people running against him.

as i also recall, the president had 400 times the threats against him of any other president.

cain is just a nutter.... he can't answer a question, so he wants protection from those questions.

i guess they got tired of him embarrassing himself.

Exactly. I don't recall him hiding, either. One hand washes the other; the candidates need the press, and vice-versa.

as i recall, he had to make a speech about race during the course of his campaign because there was so much insanity on the part of the press AND the people running against him.

as i also recall, the president had 400 times the threats against him of any other president.

cain is just a nutter.... he can't answer a question, so he wants protection from those questions.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Scrambling to make up some kind of BULLSHIT Skank??? You and your leftist comrades are a bunch of fucking morons.. you're all a joke.. Thanks for the laugh ;-) lol

Cain gets Secret Service to shield him from press

Another Republican worried about the budget deficit with himself as an exemption to the worry.

What's going to happen when Cain hits below 10 percent? Are they going to revoke his agents?

The SS is only there for MAJOR presidential candidates, i.e. the 2 people who are actually going to run.

We've got to pay an additional 6-8 months for this idiot.

For the taxpayer's sake, I hope he drops out soon.

you're completely wrong.

Secret Service protection is common on the campaign trail - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post

By law, major-party presidential nominees and their running mates receive Secret Service protection during the general election, but candidates may seek protection earlier in the cycle if they meet a series of polling and fundraising thresholds.

-edit-

The 2008 campaign proved particularly daunting for the Secret Service. The agency screened more than 4 million people at campaign rallies across the country. The decision to protect Obama so early in the cycle prompted the agency to divert personnel from other responsibilities and to use U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Transportation Security Administration officers to help screen bags and people at large events.

In addition to Obama and Clinton, John McCain, Joe Biden and Sarah Palin also received protection in 2008.

Despite the unprecedented attention paid to the 2008 campaign, it paled in comparison to the 1976 cycle when an assassination attempt on Alabama Gov. George Wallace (R) prompted the agency to protect 15 candidates and then-Vice President Gerald R. Ford. Six candidates began receiving protection in 1975.

I guess you didn't want to respond to my post about him not having to run the gauntlet with Rev. Wright, Ayers, Voting "present", and his liberal voting record that the press protected him from as much as possible. It all had to come out from a right wing news source.

Yes allow a man and his family to be brutally murdered all in the name of scoring some petty political points. So yes by all means,lets take his security away right now. Seriously,some of you people really have lost it. Maybe it's time for you to lay off the Politics for a bit? You're becoming less than human at this point. I really do believe this OP and some of the other wingnuts agreeing with her,would love to see Cain and his family get murdered. That's how far they have fallen into their dark political abyss. These people really do need a break from Politics. Time for them to find their humanity again.

I don't fault him for getting SS protection. I'm just wondering why Cain is the first GOP candidate to get it?

He's the stupidest one out there, quoting Pokemon 2000 lyrics in the GOP debate, quoting the Simpsons during rallies?

Is Cain REALLY the best one you guys have?

Oh i see,he's stupid and a Republican therefore him and his family should be allowed to be murdered. Seriously,you and this OP are very sick individuals. We're talking about a human being's life for God's sake. Being a Democrat or Republican really is so unimportant. Him and his family are human beings and that's all that matters. Take a break from Politics. You've let it turn you into something less than human. Good luck and God bless.
No one wants him to be murdered, asswipe. He should answer questions from the press, however....and not use the SS to shield him from questions and cameras.

I guess you didn't want to respond to my post about him not having to run the gauntlet with Rev. Wright, Ayers, Voting "present", and his liberal voting record that the press protected him from as much as possible. It all had to come out from a right wing news source.

because your point was nonsense. he DID run the gauntlet... hence his having to make a speech about race. and the fact that the right is still ranting about those things three years later is proof that he ran the gauntlet.

hence my not delving further into the false premise.

I don't fault him for getting SS protection. I'm just wondering why Cain is the first GOP candidate to get it?

He's the stupidest one out there, quoting Pokemon 2000 lyrics in the GOP debate, quoting the Simpsons during rallies?

Oh i see,he's stupid and a Republican therefore him and his family should be allowed to be murdered. Seriously,you and this OP are very sick individuals. We're talking about a human being's life for God's sake. Being a Democrat or Republican really is so unimportant. Him and his family are human beings and that's all that matters. Take a break from Politics. You've let it turn you into something less than human. Good luck and God bless.
No one wants him to be murdered, asswipe. He should answer questions from the press, however....and not use the SS to shield him from questions and cameras.

It's nice that you speak for everyone and can therefore assure us that nobody wants him murdered.

Nice, but not at all convincing, you asshole.

And your empty claim that he seeks SS protection to shield himself from the Press has exactly zero evidence to support it ...

which is why you make that fraudulent claim and then, mindlessly, repeat it.

This OP still hasn't proven his or her assertions. I just hope these kinds of heartless people never have their lives threatened and are forced to seek protection. Because they've built up some very very bad Karma on this one. They're just way too caught up in their cheerleading for their home team. They don't see people as human beings if they're not on their home team. If Cain had a (D) by his name instead of that (R),i'm sure they would fully support the Secret Service protecting him and his family. And that just shows how ill these people have become. Never let Politics turn you into a soul-less beast. This OP and her friends on this Board need to get their priorities in proper order. I suggest they find God. That's how i feel anyway.

Now I've heard everything....the guy is like a commie dictator.

You are one sick liying mother fucking puppy ravi.

To get SS protection the threats have to be credible and signed off on. Oh an Barack got his share as well you fool.

because your point was nonsense. he DID run the gauntlet... hence his having to make a speech about race. and the fact that the right is still ranting about those things three years later is proof that he ran the gauntlet.

hence my not delving further into the false premise.

Really? If it wasn't for Fox News and the WSJ, the MSM wouldn't even have mentioned any of that. When they did, it certainly didn't make the front 2 pages.

You have no soul and you are very ill. A Lifelong Democrat and Homeland Security Director Janet Napolitano is not going to approve Secret Service protection just to help Cain with the Media. Just doesn't make much sense. Is any of that getting through to you? Do you have even the slightest clue of how deranged you sound making these accusations? They should Neg-Rep all your points away for this ridiculous and heartless post. Seriously,i hope you never have your life threatened and are forced to seek protection. Because you've got seem very bad Karma coming back your way on this stuff. The man and his family are human beings. Whether they're Republicans or Democrats is completely besides the point. God,i really do hope some of this gets through to you in some way. Anyway,i wish you well and really do hope you get the help you need.

Of course, your claims about his motives are unprovable, and they are obvious horseshit like everything you post.

Here's the TM view of reality:
=============================
Democrats - good
Republicans - evil

That entirely sums up the complexity of your thought.

Madow says hes an art project.

I think hes just an advertising project.

He thought Great Ill run for pres and get me some good PR for my show and book and maybe even get me a fox show.

Then the unthinkable happened , he started rising in the polls due to the lack of decent cadidates.

He kinda lapped it up for awhile UNTIL his dirty laundry got aired.

That dirty luandry had to be fought because it jepordized his advertising plan.

Then he realised he was way over his head and didnt know what to do.

Some of what he says I SWEAR is designed to make him drop in the polls to take the heat off.

SO HES PULLING AN OBAMA.

AND YOUR DISPLAYING ANOTHER DOUBLE STANDARD.

:clap2::clap2:

I don't recall Obama hiding from the press when he was campaigning. Cain refuses to answer questions, even from FOX. :eek:

Now he has the SS to keep the press at bay....LOfuckingL.

Why would Obama hide from the press? They were practically an official arm of his campaign.

But a source close to the Cain campaign confirmed to Capitol Hill Blue this week that the candidate is more concerned about the threat of a free press than any potential assassin.

“He wants to keep reporters at bay,” the source said. “He sees the media as an enemy.”

In fact, Cain is so afraid of the press that he canceled a schedule interview Thursday with New Hampshire’s largest and most influential newspaper — the powerful Manchester Union-Leader.

Courting the Union-Leader is considered mandatory in presidential campaigns but Cain’s campaign is anything but conventional and his hatred of the press grows daily. Cain has retreated from interviews after a videotaped interview with the Milwaukee Journal turned into a public relations nightmare. During the interview, Cain stumbled over questions about Libya and contradicted himself by supporting collective bargaining rights.

The Union-Leader planned to videotape their interview with Cain but the candidate’s campaign first rejected the request to tape and then canceled the interview altogether.

Cain turns to Secret Service to hide from the press | Capitol Hill Blue

Yes we get it...Let him and his family die because he's not a Democrat. No need to contiinue on. You've already proven you're very ill. Take a Vacation from Politics. It has obviously warped your brain. Seriously,find God. He will help you.

Last edited:
Cain doesn't like the press, given.

But that doesn't mean the SS is protecting him from the press. More like Cain is using them as an excuse to not face the press.

IMO, the SS is too professional to play politics like that.

Forum List

Back