CA Democrat Says He'd Love To Be Able To Regulate Content Of Speech

Do you feel that freedom of speech should be regulated

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only on Twitter, Facebook, and Fox News

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Democrats are busy regulating speech everywhere else. Why not create laws that allows them to do so. Well this is wishful thinking for Democrats. They've figured out how to regulate speech by using Twitter and Facebook to attack people for what they said 6 years ago as teenager, and by banning conservative accounts. But more and more Democrats are hoping that the day will come that you won't be allowed to say what is the truth in public.

0.jpg

Tucker Carlson responded to a California Democrat who said Wednesday that he would "love to be able to regulate the content of speech" but that the First Amendment disallows the practice.

Rep. Ted Lieu, who represents Torrance and West Hollywood, was discussing the hearing involving the CEO of Google and the debate over whether tech companies operate with a political bent.

"I would love to be able to regulate the content of speech. The First Amendment prevents me from doing so, and that's simply a function of the First Amendment, but I think over the long run, it's better the government does not regulate the content of speech," Lieu told anchor Brianna Keilar.

However, Lieu then clarified his intended point, saying that he would ask private companies to regulate their content, but said the government should not play that role.
Carlson said the first freedom given citizens by America's founders is the right to free speech.

"Increasingly it is seen by our people in charge as an annoying relic," he said. "[Just] say something unauthorized in your workplace or on campus."

He said that Lieu's comments are indicative of the assertion that "the attitudes of our leaders have changed."

Carlson blasted Lieu's remark, saying the congressman was being "prevented from banning talk he doesn't like by a pesky legal antique."

Links

WATCH: Tucker Rips Rep. Ted Lieu for Saying He'd 'Love to Regulate Content of Speech'

TRUE COLORS: California Rep. Says He’d ‘Love to Regulate Speech’ but First Amendment ‘Prevents’ Him | Sean Hannity

Not only do they want to limit speech, they also want to compel politically approved speech. You need look no farther than the teach fired in, I believe NC, for not using politically dictated speech. I hope the teacher sues their ass off, because the supremes back in the 40s said the government, which a public schools are a part, can't compel speech.

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette

What's the name of the California congressman and what did he say?

Were you unable to read the OP or watch the video it contained? If so you need to get a better computer.

Can you show me any legislation where Democrats have curtailed free speech?

He said he wanted to I saw him say it.
He dislikes free speech
He the same type like the cali congressnan who said he could use nukes on gun owners if they resisted gun confiscation..

I think you fail to see just how radical and anti AMERICAN some of your fellow democrats are its shameful
So no legislation.
No name either. And no quote.

Ted lieu not sure about the spelling.
Seriously democrats dont know what their own party stands for.

Democrats are busy regulating speech everywhere else. Why not create laws that allows them to do so. Well this is wishful thinking for Democrats. They've figured out how to regulate speech by using Twitter and Facebook to attack people for what they said 6 years ago as teenager, and by banning conservative accounts. But more and more Democrats are hoping that the day will come that you won't be allowed to say what is the truth in public.

0.jpg

Tucker Carlson responded to a California Democrat who said Wednesday that he would "love to be able to regulate the content of speech" but that the First Amendment disallows the practice.

Rep. Ted Lieu, who represents Torrance and West Hollywood, was discussing the hearing involving the CEO of Google and the debate over whether tech companies operate with a political bent.

"I would love to be able to regulate the content of speech. The First Amendment prevents me from doing so, and that's simply a function of the First Amendment, but I think over the long run, it's better the government does not regulate the content of speech," Lieu told anchor Brianna Keilar.

However, Lieu then clarified his intended point, saying that he would ask private companies to regulate their content, but said the government should not play that role.
Carlson said the first freedom given citizens by America's founders is the right to free speech.

"Increasingly it is seen by our people in charge as an annoying relic," he said. "[Just] say something unauthorized in your workplace or on campus."

He said that Lieu's comments are indicative of the assertion that "the attitudes of our leaders have changed."

Carlson blasted Lieu's remark, saying the congressman was being "prevented from banning talk he doesn't like by a pesky legal antique."

Links

WATCH: Tucker Rips Rep. Ted Lieu for Saying He'd 'Love to Regulate Content of Speech'

TRUE COLORS: California Rep. Says He’d ‘Love to Regulate Speech’ but First Amendment ‘Prevents’ Him | Sean Hannity

I think people who would ban all liberal speech don't have a right to complain about this.
Ban liberal speech???

Don't you mean people who allow conservative speech??? Those are the folks you think are banning Liberal speech?

I know you are conservative and that means essentially deranged but I see examples of conservatives on this board who regularly state they would ban liberals and liberal speech. I have no doubt YOU would.

0.jpg

Links

I think people who would ban all liberal speech don't have a right to complain about this.
Ban liberal speech???

Don't you mean people who allow conservative speech??? Those are the folks you think are banning Liberal speech?

I know you are conservative and that means essentially deranged but I see examples of conservatives on this board who regularly state they would ban liberals and liberal speech. I have no doubt YOU would.
That's because you're a bigot.
You can't handle a different viewpoint being uttered in your presence.
You can't argue the point, so you want to prevent anyone saying it or even thinking it.

0.jpg

Links

What a F'in commie chink!!!

0.jpg

Links

Ban liberal speech???

Really now seems you dont know your own party .
39 percent of demos in cali say republicans free speech should be regulated.
46 to 58 percent depending on race say white nationalists speech should be restricted.

On cali congressman said all free speech should be

Another one was to prosecute ice agents
Another one wants to use nukes on gun owners if they resist gun confiscation

0.jpg

Links

Not only do they want to limit speech, they also want to compel politically approved speech. You need look no farther than the teach fired in, I believe NC, for not using politically dictated speech. I hope the teacher sues their ass off, because the supremes back in the 40s said the government, which a public schools are a part, can't compel speech.

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette

What's the name of the California congressman and what did he say?

Sure, the Regressive Left would like to ban forms of speech that they don't like, but hopefully they won't be able to.

Instead, they'll just keep doing it through the culture, by issuing "consequences" for speech they don't like.

They mock freedom of expression by saying "I'm going to use my freedom of speech to shut down yours".

They are not liberals. Liberals defend ALL speech.
a18f7b8f-96af-438c-a15a-402ef859e91a-original.gif
Well they took over your party.

Be fair guys, gals, and indecisives....without hate there could be no Democrat Party and a one-party country never works out well.

That's called totalitarianism....which is exactly what the Democrap Party is striving for.
In a previous incarnation in a different country than ours, it was called Stalinism.

Cali Assembly bill 2943 if i Recall corectly would limit free speech in regard to a persons gender.

Forum List

Back