By a show of "hands" how many leftists on here would give up their cars or phones for climate change

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

If so, can we assume this will be the last time we ever read a post from you?

I would give up my car in a heartbeat. So long as public transport, ride sharing, car rentals, etc., was available and cost effective. As a suburbanite, I see self-driving Ubers as the future.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish. Substituting paper straws for plastic ones, making them optional in restaurants, etc., is something we can all do (assuming it is helpful) but doing without straws completely? No.

Wow, willing to give up straws...what a sacrifice. No cars means no cars, not use someone else's car.

So are you willing to give up straws if it will help save the planet, no matter how tiny that help?

Giving up my car doesn't mean no cars, it means a more efficient use of cars. My car sits in front of my home 10+ hours every day. Very inefficient use of the materials that went into that car.

Yet employed many.

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

I would give up my car in a heartbeat. So long as public transport, ride sharing, car rentals, etc., was available and cost effective. As a suburbanite, I see self-driving Ubers as the future.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish. Substituting paper straws for plastic ones, making them optional in restaurants, etc., is something we can all do (assuming it is helpful) but doing without straws completely? No.

Wow, willing to give up straws...what a sacrifice. No cars means no cars, not use someone else's car.

So are you willing to give up straws if it will help save the planet, no matter how tiny that help?

Giving up my car doesn't mean no cars, it means a more efficient use of cars. My car sits in front of my home 10+ hours every day. Very inefficient use of the materials that went into that car.

So, why aren't you giving them up? Waiting for something or everyone else to do it before you?

If the Libs are that concerned about globull warming, maybe they should consider TOTALLY ELIMINATING their carbon footprint!!!
Has anyone ever seen any leftwing global warmist give up anything of any signficance?

Like those douche bag trust fund idiots who are majoring in the Arts, they claim they "would."

Yet are they? NO

Therein lies the essence of the left wing creepy toad like moronic mind.

It isn't that I don't believe in man made global WARMING or don't believe we have 11 years left. Its that I believe they DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Or else we would see them actually giving up all of these things. Not only are they not giving up anything, most of them live along coasts.

Does that make any sense to any logical person? Please explain if that makes sense.

in 20 years, cars will be electric, no longer spewing C02. So no need to give up the car. Just change it to be more environmentally friendly. Which is being done.
Why would I have to give up my phone? (I don't have one, but if I did?)
If I live another 20 years I'll still be driving my 1992 5.8L F-150 4x4.

in 20 years, cars will be electric, no longer spewing C02. So no need to give up the car. Just change it to be more environmentally friendly. Which is being done.

Bad news, according to the "experts" the world will be ending in 12 years....possibly 11 by now.

Bad news, according to the "experts" the world will be ending in 12 years....possibly 11 by now.
Since we have more than 11 years worth of fossil fuels might as well live it up for those years, as nothing we do can change the cyclical nature of climate. ;)

Would you?

Giving up straws will not save the planet.

Giving up burning fossil fuels means your car can be turned into a planter 24 hours/day.

Giving up straws IS a benefit to the planet. A tiny one but a benefit nonetheless. If everyone made a small benefit, it would add up quickly.

As for fossil fuels, I'm not willing to give them up, probably never will be, but I'm willing to support laws that make cars more efficient.

Would you?

Giving up burning fossil fuels means your car can be turned into a planter 24 hours/day.

Giving up straws IS a benefit to the planet. A tiny one but a benefit nonetheless. If everyone made a small benefit, it would add up quickly.

As for fossil fuels, I'm not willing to give them up, probably never will be, but I'm willing to support laws that make cars more efficient.

Could have and so therefore should have just said "I am not willing to make any sacrifices."

Everything else is bullshit.

Would you?

Why haven't you given up your car?

Yeah, 12 years was last year. So, yeap. 11 years now.

In less than two months....10 years.

Would you?

Great, if you hold your breath for 15 seconds every hour that would help also.

Would you?

And we always learn later many of those efficiencies actually end up being less efficient or costing more than most can afford.
Curious. Have you replaced all your bulbs with led’s? Changed to quickly biodegradable toilet tissue? Given up using any plastics such as baggies, or purchasing foods that use plastic containers? Or given up milk in milk cartons? Given up raincoats? Any rubber soled shoes? All those things can also help the environment.

Would you?

Why haven't you given up your car?

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish.

Actually it would not be helpful.

Actually it would not be helpful.

What? Isn't the issue CO2?

Would you?

With the legalizing of drugs you might say we live in the "stoned age".

It's amazing how chill people become.

Ban everything? Far out dude!

Would you?

I would Give up their cars and phones.

And we always learn later many of those efficiencies actually end up being less efficient or costing more than most can afford.
Curious. Have you replaced all your bulbs with led’s? Changed to quickly biodegradable toilet tissue? Given up using any plastics such as baggies, or purchasing foods that use plastic containers? Or given up milk in milk cartons? Given up raincoats? Any rubber soled shoes? All those things can also help the environment.
If an efficiency actually ends up being less efficient or too expensive, I'll stop doing it. Isn't that just common sense? As my old bulbs burn out I replace them with LEDs. Again, common sense, something you seem to lack.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish.

It's not about carbon footprint, but clean air and water. That is the observable, falsifiable, and experimental drawback from fossil fuels. You ain't got shit.

Forum List

Back