BWAHAHAHAA! Unions Lose in Wis!

Does Wisconsin law forbid the recall election of Democratic Senators or something? How come no Democratic seats were up for grabs?

You might want to inform yourself before you make yourself look any more stupid. There are two Democrats up for recall NEXT WEEK. This recall was for six seats, all held by Republicans. There was no possible way for Republicans to gain seats.

Rick

If the Democrats lose their recalls, YES there is a way for Republicans to gain!

Actually, if the Republicans take the two Democrat recall seats, they break even. They had a four seat majority and now have a two seat majority. When it is all over, they could be back up to a four seat majority, or stay at a two seat majority.

Sounds to me, based on what you have said, GM went under because someone made bad long term decision in the 70's.

Might also have something to do with their decision, along with other U.S. car manufacturers, to concentrate their efforts on producing and advertising gas guzzlers in the face of ever increasing gas prices - but hey, I wouldn't want to suggest that upper-level management decisions about which kinds products to make and advertise have anything to do with the failure of a company, that would be absurd - it must be the dumbs workers fault!

Toyota is the one of the only car manufacturers that is opening new plants here in the US. Know why? :eusa_eh:

I'm betting its because they treat their workers with dignity and just compensation and therefore their workers have no need or want to unionize, resulting in a win-win for everyone.

Might also be because there is higher demand for their products than the products of the American companies.

Could be both.

You tell me.

Oh, and American auto companies treated their works with contempt and disrespect right? You are so indigenous.

Sounds to me, based on what you have said, GM went under because someone made bad long term decision in the 70's.

Might also have something to do with their decision, along with other U.S. car manufacturers, to concentrate their efforts on producing and advertising gas guzzlers in the face of ever increasing gas prices - but hey, I wouldn't want to suggest that upper-level management decisions about which kinds products to make and advertise have anything to do with the failure of a company, that would be absurd - it must be the dumbs workers fault!

Toyota is the one of the only car manufacturers that is opening new plants here in the US. Know why? :eusa_eh:

I'm betting its because they treat their workers with dignity and just compensation and therefore their workers have no need or want to unionize, resulting in a win-win for everyone.

Might also be because there is higher demand for their products than the products of the American companies.

Could be both.

You tell me.

So the position you are taking...just to be clear...

Your issue is not about how employers in America treat American employees.

Your issue is that AMERICAN employers in America are likely to be scumbags if unions did not intervene.

Toyota is likely paying empoyees properly and with dignity..

But an American employer is likely not to.

Why do you hate Americans?

If my landlady's operating costs go up mid-lease - what happens?

Lets just say it goes up due to a flood..and she doesnt have flood insurance as she was not in a flood zone.

And she cant afford to pay to fix the property.

And she turns to all of her tenants and says..."i need to raise the rent by 15% or I cant fix the building"

And you all refuse.....and the property is condemend, and she loses the property....and you are evicted by the city as it is now condemned with a marshall lock.....

Who wins?

What happens if my hours get cut at work and I go to the landlady and say "hey landlady - making less money now, I know its mid-lease - but do you think you could maybe reduce my rent?"

I see that workin' out! Sorry but I expect my landlord to fulfill his or her end of the lease, they're grown-ups - not children - they are bound by their word.

If your landlady charged $500 a month and competiton came in charging $300 a month and your landlady wouldn't lower your prices, what would you do?

GO TO THE COMPETITION!

That's what happened. GM was charge prices for their cars that were higher than the competition. They couldn't compete, because the union deals were cost prohibitive.

That's just how the world works. Deal with it.

Since the Democrats ended up with more seats than they had before the recall, that is a win not a loss.

It is only a loss when measured against expectations.
Idiot-it is a loss when you lose against an opponent. Typical dimwit logic=makes no sense. Dimwits lose like the losers they are.

And Democrats gained two seats that weren't even supposed to be up for grabs for another year.

Which means absolutely nothing.

GOP kept the majority.

"We're going to pound on Toyota until they recognize the First Amendment rights of those workers to come into the UAW," King said at the UAW national convention in Detroit.

If they succeed Toyota simply won't open plants in the US, and they said so. What the UAW is/was attempting is to stifle economic growth because they aren't getting a piece of the action. This is what liberal embrace, and it is why all of their policies have resulted in this glacial economic recovery and credit downgrade.

Lets just say it goes up due to a flood..and she doesnt have flood insurance as she was not in a flood zone.

And she cant afford to pay to fix the property.

And she turns to all of her tenants and says..."i need to raise the rent by 15% or I cant fix the building"

And you all refuse.....and the property is condemend, and she loses the property....and you are evicted by the city as it is now condemned with a marshall lock.....

Who wins?

What happens if my hours get cut at work and I go to the landlady and say "hey landlady - making less money now, I know its mid-lease - but do you think you could maybe reduce my rent?"

I see that workin' out! Sorry but I expect my landlord to fulfill his or her end of the lease, they're grown-ups - not children - they are bound by their word.

If your landlady charged $500 a month and competiton came in charging $300 a month and your landlady wouldn't lower your prices, what would you do?

GO TO THE COMPETITION!

That's what happened. GM was charge prices for their cars that were higher than the competition. They couldn't compete, because the union deals were cost prohibitive.

yup..

And likewise...

If company A is paying you 20 an hour...and you are a talented dedicated worker....and company B has an opening for 30 an hour.....nothing is kjeeping you from getting that job.

And if enough people leave company A for the more fair employer of company B...comppany A will be left with the dead wood....or be forced to raise their salaries.

But, of course...that logic ic not logical...correct?

GO TO THE COMPETITION!

yup..

And likewise...

If company A is paying you 20 an hour...and you are a talented dedicated worker....and company B has an opening for 30 an hour.....nothing is kjeeping you from getting that job.

And if enough people leave company A for the more fair employer of company B...comppany A will be left with the dead wood....or be forced to raise their salaries.

But, of course...that logic ic not logical...correct?

Oh, they've doubled down--Obama style--trying to dictate to the public what they should be buying. The Chevy Volt is a laughable failure, our tax money hard at work. Well hell, it's not even tax money it's money derived from DEBT. Chevy Volt: Still Not Selling | The Weekly Standard

Oh the CEOs that agreed to an unsustainable deal are partly responsible. No doubt.

"CEO's - getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars annually to be partially responsible for our decisions!"

But UNIONS that refused to see that the deal was unsustainable and coming to an end, AND REFUSED TO CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT IT, despite the reality it was coming to an end are EQUALLY AS RESPONSIBLE.

And the failure of these American car companies couldn't possibly have had anything to do with anything else but employee compensation. You don't see a difference in the kinds of autos American companies were producing v. foreign companies?

It couldn't have anything to do with CAFE standards, could it?

That's a real positive way to spin losing 2 seats.

Sorry, but I've never had to interview for a job after I was already hired.

The number 4 is larger than the number 2.

That's not simple math, it's counting.

You may want to hunt down your K teacher and beat the fuck outta him or her for letting you continue on to 1st grade.

So how many seats did the Republicans gain?

"I don't think there is much of a moral victory in taking only two," UW-Madison political science professor Charles Franklin said. "This was all about taking command of the Senate."

Republicans hold off Dems in recalls, win enough seats to keep majority in Senate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zE62IKw3I8]‪Dems Fail to Take Wisconsin Senate‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

This is hilarious!

The get out the vote people couldn't get people on their vans.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let me get this straight:

The voters in Wisconsin garnered enough support for six recall elections and defeated two incumbents and almost defeated the third to change the balance of power in the Senate and you want to act like this was a failure?

These were recall elections. That means the voters were sufficiently pissed off to demand special elections for 6 senators. That unto itself says something.

If I were Walker, I'd be nervous right about now. If I were the Wisconsin GOP, I'd be nervous right about now.

I suppose you could say this was a "failure" if this was the last election in Wisconsin. That is not the case.

Here's a song to all those unions addicted to OUR hard money we pay in tax dollars.

Your union takeover dreams are DEAD!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECgBXkil7YI]‪Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The voters in Wisconsin garnered enough support for six recall elections and defeated two incumbents and almost defeated the third to change the balance of power in the Senate and you want to act like this was a failure?

These were recall elections. That means the voters were sufficiently pissed off to demand special elections for 6 senators. That unto itself says something.

If I were Walker, I'd be nervous right about now. If I were the Wisconsin GOP, I'd be nervous right about now.

I suppose you could say this was a "failure" if this was the last election in Wisconsin. That is not the case.

You lost liberals.

Get over it.

Democrat recalls happen soon.

Let's see who should be nervous after those are over, shall we?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was this an election about winning two seats, or gaining control of the Senate?

Was this an election about winning two seats, or gaining control of the Senate?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You lost liberals.

Get over it.

I don't live in Wisconsin. It's not going to change the policies that affect me either way. I just think acting like this was "much ado about nothing" to be completely absurd.

If I were an American I would be nervous right now.

We all just saw how the most powerful (unions in this case...nect time maybe big business...or big oil..or big pharma...or Tea Party....or DNC.....) can garner the support to overturn fairly run elections if they are not happy with the results.

I am not nearly as wrapped up in the results of the recall as I am in the fact that the integrity of our elections has been severly compromised.

You lost liberals.

Get over it.

I don't live in Wisconsin. It's not going to change the policies that affect me either way. I just think acting like this was "much ado about nothing" to be completely absurd.

Oh stop lying to me and yourself.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted in this thread in the first place.

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back