BWAHAHAHAA! Unions Lose in Wis!

Let me get this straight:

The voters in Wisconsin garnered enough support for six recall elections and defeated two incumbents and almost defeated the third to change the balance of power in the Senate and you want to act like this was a failure?

These were recall elections. That means the voters were sufficiently pissed off to demand special elections for 6 senators. That unto itself says something.

If I were Walker, I'd be nervous right about now. If I were the Wisconsin GOP, I'd be nervous right about now.

I suppose you could say this was a "failure" if this was the last election in Wisconsin. That is not the case.

If I were an American I would be nervous right now.

We all just saw how the most powerful (unions in this case...nect time maybe big business...or big oil..or big pharma...or Tea Party....or DNC.....) can garner the support to overturn fairly run elections if they are not happy with the results.

I am not nearly as wrapped up in the results of the recall as I am in the fact that the integrity of our elections has been severly compromised.

Or the Koch Brothers, who have (now) political access and funds that the unions dream of having.

I don't see how the integrity of the elections have been compromised. If anything, it's been exercised. The Wisconsin Constitution provides for recalls. This was a perfectly legal and proper process. Just like the recall of Gray Davis.

The voters in Wisconsin garnered enough support for six recall elections and defeated two incumbents and almost defeated the third to change the balance of power in the Senate and you want to act like this was a failure?

These were recall elections. That means the voters were sufficiently pissed off to demand special elections for 6 senators. That unto itself says something.

If I were Walker, I'd be nervous right about now. If I were the Wisconsin GOP, I'd be nervous right about now.

I suppose you could say this was a "failure" if this was the last election in Wisconsin. That is not the case.

We all just saw how the most powerful (unions in this case...nect time maybe big business...or big oil..or big pharma...or Tea Party....or DNC.....) can garner the support to overturn fairly run elections if they are not happy with the results.

I am not nearly as wrapped up in the results of the recall as I am in the fact that the integrity of our elections has been severly compromised.

Or the Koch Brothers, who have (now) political access and funds that the unions dream of having.

I don't see how the integrity of the elections have been compromised. If anything, it's been exercised. The Wisconsin Constitution provides for recalls. This was a perfectly legal and proper process. Just like the recall of Gray Davis.

Only problem is, that was a recall of a Democrat and it worked.

These recalls didn't work.

And the recall of Wis Dems happens next week.

You lost liberals.

Get over it.

Democrat recalls happen soon.

Let's see who should be nervous after those are over, shall we?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't live in Wisconsin. It's not going to change the policies that affect me either way. I just think acting like this was "much ado about nothing" to be completely absurd.

Oh stop lying to me and yourself.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted in this thread in the first place.

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did I say "I don't care"? No. I did not. Try some reading comprehension.

I said it's not going to personally affect me. Obviously, I care about the issue. Obviously I think (in your case), "the lady doth protest too much".

The truth is, Walker's policies have pissed people off in Wisconsin.

Only a knucklehead would think that two successful recalls of pro-Walker legislators means absolutely nothing.

I don't live in Wisconsin. It's not going to change the policies that affect me either way. I just think acting like this was "much ado about nothing" to be completely absurd.

Oh stop lying to me and yourself.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted in this thread in the first place.

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did I say "I don't care"? No. I did not. Try some reading comprehension.

I said it's not going to personally affect me. Obviously, I care about the issue. Obviously I think (in your case), "the lady doth protest too much".

The truth is, Walker's policies have pissed people off in Wisconsin.

Only a knucklehead would think that two successful recalls of pro-Walker legislators means absolutely nothing.

Oh, OBVIOUSLY, the policies have pissed off the state.

That's why Walker held onto the majority!

Yeah right!

You run with that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

congrats on all the money your team poured into Wi.

I guess that is all elections are anymore.

Just great big piles of money from thre wealthy

oh kiss our non union asses whydonchya? the unions bussed people and money in from many mnany many states you asswarped cantelouple.

I never said it was illegal.

A recall based on the fact that a minority group doies not like the outcome of the election and big money can buy ads that spin the truth about those that are up for recall absolutely 100% compromises the integrity of our elections.

If you dont see that? Well, then you simply disagree with me.

No one says we all need to see things in the same light.

A recall based on the fact that a minority group doies not like the outcome of the election and big money can buy ads that spin the truth about those that are up for recall absolutely 100% compromises the integrity of our elections.

It was apparently a majority in two of the districts and virtually split in two of the other districts.

If you want to blame this on "big money conspiracies" then whatever, but that goes both ways. In the end, people still have to show up at the polls and vote. Lukewarm voters don't do that.

It's hard enough to defeat an incumbent in a cycle election. Six recalls attempts indicate dissatisfaction.

That's corroborated by the polls.

http://www.uwsc.wisc.edu/BP32PressRelease1_WIpols_FINAL.pdf

It was apparently a majority in two of the districts and virtually split in two of the other districts.

The majority of those that turned out to vote......the majority of the original voters saw it otherwise. More voters will turn out to fight for than those that will turn out to maintain.

If you want to blame this on "big money conspiracies" then whatever, but that goes both ways. In the end, people still have to show up at the polls and vote. Lukewarm voters don't do that.

I am the one who originally said in my post that it goes both ways. Big money conspriacies? WTF.....all of a sudden, you seem to want to assume that big money is ethical? Well, then I cant debate you.It's hard enough to defeat an incumbent in a cycle election. Six recalls attempts indicate dissatisfaction.

I bet you wouldnt be happy if...

All major insurance companies scrapped topgether 150 million dollars to run ad campaigns to have a recall of democratic senators in an effort to turn the senate republican...with those ad campaigns spinning the truth about the intentions of those democratic senators as it pertains to healthcare.....

But...hey...if you want to be right and call my senmtiments "conspiracy theory" go right ahead...

But I again am amused that you see all big money groups as ethical...and will always do the right thing.

I thought you were a progressive......I guess not.

The majority of those that turned out to vote......the majority of the original voters saw it otherwise. More voters will turn out to fight for than those that will turn out to maintain.

I am the one who originally said in my post that it goes both ways. Big money conspriacies? WTF.....all of a sudden, you seem to want to assume that big money is ethical? Well, then I cant debate you.It's hard enough to defeat an incumbent in a cycle election. Six recalls attempts indicate dissatisfaction.

All major insurance companies scrapped topgether 150 million dollars to run ad campaigns to have a recall of democratic senators in an effort to turn the senate republican...with those ad campaigns spinning the truth about the intentions of those democratic senators as it pertains to healthcare.....

But...hey...if you want to be right and call my senmtiments "conspiracy theory" go right ahead...

But I again am amused that you see all big money groups as ethical...and will always do the right thing.

You don't have to paint a hypothetical. You can look at the Koch Brother's in Wisconsin to see an example of big money influencing the conservative agenda.

You think Scott Walker would take a 30 minute call from any old voter?

I also never said "ethical". I said "legal", thanks to the recent SCOTUS decision.

You don't have to paint a hypothetical. You can look at the Koch Brother's in Wisconsin to see an example of big money influencing the conservative agenda.

I also never said "ethical". I said "legal", thanks to the recent SCOTUS decision.

referring to my concern that big money can prompt a recall as a "conspiracy theory" is the same as implying that big money would never be unethical if it prompted a recall.

Oh...but now I understand...if the big money is from a Union...all is good.

But if from a conservaitve.....unethical.

Cool.

Thanks for the debate.

referring to my concern that big money can prompt a recall as a "conspiracy theory" is the same as implying that big money would never be unethical if it prompted a recall.

Cool.

Thanks for the debate.

To claim that this was all prompted by "big money" is a little insulting to the people of Wisconsin. As I said, big money can force people to go to the polls and vote (either way).

That reflects a larger discontent with the Wisconsin GOP's radical policies as are reflected in the polls.

Sometimes contests are won by the slimmest of margins. (See Scott Norwood).

Jesus Christ fucking deal already.

Cool.

Thanks for the debate.

To claim that this was all prompted by "big money" is a little insulting to the people of Wisconsin. As I said, big money can force people to go to the polls and vote (either way).

That reflects a larger discontent with the Wisconsin GOP's radical policies as are reflected in the polls.

Big money targets their constituents, make no mistake about that.
Radical policies? Like getting the economic structure of the state back to being fiscally responsible....that kind of radical agenda? I laugh at you. :lol:

Cool.

Thanks for the debate.

What the hell are you talking about? The Wisc. state legislator remains in Republican control as does the governorship. There are two more recall elections both of which are Democrat incumbents.

This was outside influences desperately trying to undo elections that already gave Democrats defeat.

The delusion that this was some big victory--the left spend $30 million to regain the state Senate, they failed.

Couldn't agree more. Then you factor in the fleeing of the state debacle, and it looks like integrity and government have been totally divorced.

But, apparently not pissed off enough to win enough of those elections to make any real difference.

As was mentioned by someone else earlier, it's very difficult to play defense on these types of elections, let alone deal out the electoral harshness like Sheila Harsdorf did.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_18650269

Last edited:
Anyone who works for a paycheck owes a debt of gratitude to the Labor Movement.

But some are just too stupid to realize it.

Yeah, the labor movement of 70 years ago. The labor movement of today is nothing but a plague, but some are just too stupid to realize it.

The money is secondary. The real problem is the stupidity of those voters who are swayed by the propaganda it buys.

This has been a positive indication of what the future will bring. And presuming there is some hope left for the American Democracy rest assured things will get a lot worse before they get better.

Once the oligarchs start kicking their water-carriers into the same hole with the dummies whom they duped into voting for them, maybe then the lights will come on for the Tories.

That's what happened in the midterms. :lol:

The money is secondary. The real problem is the stupidity of those voters who are swayed by the propaganda it buys.

This has been a positive indication of what the future will bring. And presuming there is some hope left for the American Democracy rest assured things will get a lot worse before they get better.

Once the oligarchs start kicking their water-carriers into the same hole with the dummies whom they duped into voting for them, maybe then the lights will come on for the Tories.
Yes, yes, yes...Let's go that one better and just have the ruling class appoint Czars and Commissars, and piss on the proles!

Maybe it's people like you who are too stupid to have a vote.

Forum List

Back