"But Obama...."

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
So, I am wondering if any of the Trump followers have any indication when we will move past the "but Obama..." stage for everything that is said in a negative way about Trump.

The Obama disciples never really got past it and I have hope that the Trump followers can do better than that.

The "but Obama..." response shows us that you belive two things about your man.

Obama is in a group of 4 or 5 presidents that share the title of "worst ever", so by comparing your guy to Obama all you are doing is saying "well, he is better than the worst ever". Now while this may end up being true, is that really the mark we as a country is striving for? Is it not possible to shoot for more than "well he does not suck as much as the last two"?

The second thing you are doing is saying that your guy is really no different than Obama, that he is just as devious and dishonest and all those things you called Obama for the last eight years.

So, I am wondering if any of the Trump followers have any indication when we will move past the "but Obama..." stage for everything that is said in a negative way about Trump.

The Obama disciples never really got past it and I have hope that the Trump followers can do better than that.

The "but Obama..." response shows us that you belive two things about your man.

Obama is in a group of 4 or 5 presidents that share the title of "worst ever", so by comparing your guy to Obama all you are doing is saying "well, he is better than the worst ever". Now while this may end up being true, is that really the mark we as a country is striving for? Is it not possible to shoot for more than "well he does not suck as much as the last two"?

The second thing you are doing is saying that your guy is really no different than Obama, that he is just as devious and dishonest and all those things you called Obama for the last eight years.
As soon as you Hillary voters move past the But Bush stage....

So, the Trump followers are no different than the Hillary voters. Gotcha! I was hoping maybe they were.

Oh, and the last Clinton I voted for was in 1992, which also was the last time I voted for anyone with either an (R) or a (D) next to their name.

So, the Trump followers are no different than the Hillary voters. Gotcha! I was hoping maybe they were.

Oh, and the last Clinton I voted for was in 1992, which also was the last time I voted for anyone with either an (R) or a (D) next to their name.
Just stay sitting and keep out of our way.....thanks.....

Oh please. The same was done about Bush, and on and on.

Partisan ideologues are not meant to be taken seriously. This stuff is just pro wrestling for political geeks.

Yes it was, I have already stated that. But what you are saying is there really is no difference between the people on the right and the people on the left, it is all just partisanship and nothing else?

That ain't going to happen, I am not the kind to sit idly by while people like you flush our country down the toilet.

Oh please. The same was done about Bush, and on and on. Partisan ideologues are not meant to be taken seriously. This stuff is just pro wrestling for political geeks.
Yes it was, I have already stated that. But what you are saying is there really is no difference between the people on the right and the people on the left, it is all just partisanship and nothing else?
For the most part. Look at my sig. The behaviors of the wingers on both ends are very similar and consistent. And counter-productive.

That ain't going to happen, I am not the kind to sit idly by while people like you flush our country down the toilet.
Like I said, stay sitting....snowflake....

Oh please. The same was done about Bush, and on and on. Partisan ideologues are not meant to be taken seriously. This stuff is just pro wrestling for political geeks.
For the most part. Look at my sig. The behaviors of the wingers on both ends are very similar and consistent. And counter-productive.
Funny.....a Hillary voter thinking they are productive....

The problem with your signature is that I am not so sure the majority of Americans are not part of one of the two wings. The "far right" and "far left" are growing while the few independent minded people are shrinking. That is why both sides attack the middle, hoping to be rid of it for good eventually.

Ahh, you are so cute with your little nicknames. Most people outgrow such things by the time they hit high school, but I understand that some people mature slower than others! Don't worry, there is still hope for you.

Ahh, you are so cute with your little nicknames. Most people outgrow such things by the time they hit high school, but I understand that some people mature slower than others! Don't worry, there is still hope for you.
Ahhhh....relax....there is no hope for you snowflake.....

The problem with your signature is that I am not so sure the majority of Americans are not part of one of the two wings. The "far right" and "far left" are growing while the few independent minded people are shrinking. That is why both sides attack the middle, hoping to be rid of it for good eventually.
Well, I may have to agree, and that does worry me. I have to admit that this cancer is spreading throughout our culture, rapidly. Which, of course, is why the divide continues to increase.

There are many on both sides of the spectrum who have a vested professional interest in exacerbating our divisions, and many in the public who are too willing to be obedient, simplistic, ideological foot soldiers.

If you don't mind, I'd rather not think about that this early in the day.

:laugh:

Well, I may have to agree, and that does worry me. I have to admit that this cancer is spreading throughout our culture, rapidly. Which, of course, is why the divide continues to increase.

There are many on both sides of the spectrum who have a vested professional interest in exacerbating our divisions, and many in the public who are too willing to be simplistic ideological foot soldiers.

Getting along is way overrated... fact

There are many on both sides of the spectrum who have a vested professional interest in exacerbating our divisions, and many in the public who are too willing to be simplistic ideological foot soldiers.

I guess that depends on what the ultimate goal is.

I guess that depends on what the ultimate goal is.
People in federal government get a long way too easy... there needs to be a lot more fighting.

You knew deep down that they were no different. Each just hoping that their guy wins and they get the cookie that they have been hoping for.

We are going to hear but Obama for 8 years.

Ummm ... it's been 8 years and we haven't even gotten past the "but Bush..." stage; just be patient and give it another decade or two; the vapidity of partisan politics in the U.S. takes a long time to find new and interesting ways to express itself. ;)

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-24_8-48-12.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-24_8-48-12.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 28

Forum List

Back