"but Jesus would never JUST hang around sinners"

evenifigoalone

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2021
I feel like there's some balance between "Jesus hung out with sinners" and "Jesus ONLY hung out with sinners so He could tell them to repent", but I'm not sure what it is

I feel like there's some balance between "Jesus hung out with sinners" and "Jesus ONLY hung out with sinners so He could tell them to repent", but I'm not sure what it is

Jesus only hung around sinners. That was His only choice. He was the only one around who did NOT sin. Everyone else around Him--the religious leaders, John the Baptist, Mary Magdalene the reformed prostitute, the Pharisees, Matthew the tax collector--everyone, was and is a sinner.

That's why He had to come, and had to die.

Jesus only hung around sinners. That was His only choice. He was the only one around who did NOT sin. Everyone else around Him--the religious leaders, John the Baptist, Mary Magdalene the reformed prostitute, the Pharisees, Matthew the tax collector--everyone, was and is a sinner.

That's why He had to come, and had to die.
Ok, but you are quite aware that what I meant was people who were considered outcasts in the Jewish society because they were KNOWN as incredible sinners

"Jesus ONLY hung out with sinners so He could tell them to repent"

That's his story and he's sticking with it.

1555423254032.jpg

Ok, but you are quite aware that what I meant was people who were considered outcasts in the Jewish society because they were KNOWN as incredible sinners

I wasn't really quite aware of it but okay. And btw, neither are a lot of people. It is still very common for people to believe if you are just good enough for long enough, God will accept you. Which is exactly opposite of the Christian gospel

But anyway

Jesus hung out with pretty much....everyone. He hung out with the religious leaders and ate with them. He went to the temple and taught and read. And He ate with sinners and cleansed lepers. Common people, rich people. I see Him as being pretty equal opportunity.

You see given his basic philosophy I don't see how he could tell anyone they were a sinner; he more likely said, if you are a sinner please change your ways you are hurting yourself most of all. Sin is subjective to each and every one of us. That's why he said do not judge others. That's for god to do. But of course the religion named after him had to change the meaning of much of what he purportedly said when they named him a god.

You see given his basic philosophy I don't see how he could tell anyone they were a sinner; he more likely said, if you are a sinner please change your ways you are hurting yourself most of all. Sin is subjective to each and every one of us. That's why he said do not judge others. That's for god to do. But of course the religion named after him had to change the meaning of much of what he purportedly said when they named him a god.

I would respond to this but frankly it's a mess

Just for starters:

You claim sin is "subjective to each of us" but then claim sin is for God to judge. If God judges it, it is not subjective.

Jesus practiced the Jewish faith, and He specifically told people stuff like "go and sin no more", "your sins are forgiven", etc, which is at least indirectly calling them a sinner. There were also times He used much harsher words, but that was pretty much reserved for the religious leaders of the day.

I would respond to this but frankly it's a mess

Just for starters:

You claim sin is "subjective to each of us" but then claim sin is for God to judge. If God judges it, it is not subjective.
I don't believe in the same kind of god you do. As far as people go, sin is subjective. Therefore no human on earth to judge another human. That is up to god, if you believe in a judgmental tribal
god. You obviously do. I don't. Evil that is among us is what we do to each other. The good that is among us is also what we do to each other. I prefer the good. Have a good day, I plan on it.

I don't believe in the same kind of god you do. As far as people go, sin is subjective. Therefore no human on earth to judge another human. That is up to god, if you believe in a judgmental tribal
god. You obviously do. I don't. Evil that is among us is what we do to each other. The good that is among us is also what we do to each other. I prefer the good. Have a good day, I plan on it.

You just said that no human on earth can judge another human.

Then you said evil is among us in what we do to each other.

Than you said you prefer the good.

I hope you can see that you are judging. You do. Right?

I am perceiving the world as it is, I am not weaponizing my beliefs and attacking other people with it.

WOW that's some mighty projection, as YOU are the one who just used the word "EVIL"

yikes
I said evil was the bad things that people do to one another. What's " yikes " about that. It is true. You can't blame all fictitious being for the wrongs people do to one another. That would be foolish and primitive thought.l

Just to be clear, I said that the evil is what people do to each other I didn't mean to imply that evil is among us like it's some being or something. No evil is what people do to one another good is what people do to one another. It's a choice.

Jesus practiced the Jewish faith, and He specifically told people stuff like "go and sin no more", "your sins are forgiven", etc, which is at least indirectly calling them a sinner. There were also times He used much harsher words, but that was pretty much reserved for the religious leaders of the day.
Jesus wasn't your typical Jew either. After the age of 12 when the rabbis were no longer able to answer his questions his parents sent him on a caravan to the east to Gaspar. Gaspar had predicted this day would arrive and they should send him true him for further teaching. When Gaspard taught him all he could, inception on again eastward to India to learn from the Buddha. now you may begin to understand why he was so special and so different from most rabbis.

I said evil was the bad things that people do to one another. What's " yikes " about that. It is true. You can't blame all fictitious being for the wrongs people do to one another. That would be foolish and primitive thought.l

If there is no "fictitious being" than you are stardust and random matter floating around on this space rock on a suburb of a galaxy for a few rotten years.

It makes no nevermind if you do "wrongs"--whatever THAT means. In this "blind, pitiless universe"--that's taken from a notable atheist--you could be bombed with an asteroid or swallowed up by gamma rays or any number of random things in this random, godless universe. So why in the world would you point to some kind of "wrongs" to make your limited time here more or less comfortable?

Just to be clear, I said that the evil is what people do to each other I didn't mean to imply that evil is among us like it's some being or something. No evil is what people do to one another good is what people do to one another. It's a choice.

No God, no evil. Just random events happening in a random universe.

If there is no "fictitious being" than you are stardust and random matter floating around on this space rock on a suburb of a galaxy for a few rotten years.

It makes no nevermind if you do "wrongs"--whatever THAT means. In this "blind, pitiless universe"--that's taken from a notable atheist--you could be bombed with an asteroid or swallowed up by gamma rays or any number of random things in this random, godless universe. So why in the world would you point to some kind of "wrongs" to make your limited time here more or less comfortable?
There is no fictitious evil super being. There is a creator entity, most people think of that entity as a god and a benevolent one. I just consider it to be positively indifferent. Conducive to growth and harmony.

There is no fictitious evil super being. There is a creator entity, most people think of that entity as a god and a benevolent one. I just consider it to be positively indifferent. Conducive to growth and harmony.

So you invented your own god.

Nifty

Forum List

Back