Busting the Myth of Separation of Church and State

...and must treat all religions equally.

not so in Thomas Jefferson's point of view.., e.g., “to the shores of Tripoli,”
I'm sorry, are you claiming that if the Barbary pirates had bee Christians, the U.S. would not have fought them? Attacking Libya was not about religion.

Actually the British Red Coats were believers of their faith, as was George Washington. The revolutionary war was not over religion.

I'm sorry, are you claiming that if the Barbary pirates had bee Christians, the U.S. would not have fought them? Attacking Libya was not about religion.

Actually the British Red Coats were believers of their faith, as was George Washington. The revolutionary war was not over religion.

What religion was in England? What religions were in America?

Austrailia is not bound by the U.S constitution. What they do there has no bearing on what we do here.

If it works, and does not lead to a Theocracy that the libs fear so much, it is certainly relevant to whether or not it is a good idea.
We are propping up an outdated institution.

It seems your fellow citizens disagree.

How well served are the homeless and unemployed?
They are left I the street

As that is the case here also, that doesn't seem to be much different.

Have the "blurring of the lines" between Church and State led to a Theocracy where non-Christians are terribly oppressed?
The Founders were well aware of what happened in the Massachusetts Bay Colony. They not only oppressed non-Christians, they oppressed other Christian sects. They hung Quakers, for example.

Who said it was?

If it works, and does not lead to a Theocracy that the libs fear so much, it is certainly relevant to whether or not it is a good idea.
We are propping up an outdated institution.

It seems your fellow citizens disagree.

How well served are the homeless and unemployed?
They are left I the street

As that is the case here also, that doesn't seem to be much different.

Have the "blurring of the lines" between Church and State led to a Theocracy where non-Christians are terribly oppressed?
The Founders were well aware of what happened in the Massachusetts Bay Colony. They not only oppressed non-Christians, they oppressed other Christian sects. They hung Quakers, for example.

And thus they clearly included Freedom of Religion in the Constitution.

The leap from that to BOy Scouts aren't allowed to have meetings in the local Fire Hall is pretty big.

And thus my question to Goose if the government support of Church Charities in Australia has produced a terrible theocracy.

Where people of different faiths are being hung, for example.

Nowhere can this be found in the constitution. Nowhere. It does say, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.” Period. Nothing more.

What's so hard to understand about that?

The article @ Myth Busted: ‘Separation of Church and State’ clearly relates how anti-religious organizations have conducted a campaign to frighten pastors from speaking on political ideals from their pulpits, often using outright lies as part of their threats.

It's about time pastors speak up.

Fine, nothing presents them from actively politicking, but let's be real about it and take away their tax exempt status.
Unions should have their tax exempt status taken away as well.

Instead of your rambling rant, why don't you PROVE to us what you think is the truth?

That was the point of my post. It's been proven to you hundreds of times already, but you are still stuck on that same whining point. At least whine about something new occasionally.

And, as usual, you have not presented a single salient point where "separation of church and state" is anywhere in the constitution.

Typical Leftist/Progressive tactic.

Sorry if you don't get it, but since the Supreme Court decided that a long time ago, it doesn't matter if you get it.
I suppose since the supreme court had previously ruled against marriages that were out side of the norms of society, Gay Marriage should not be allowed either.
Am I understanding you correctly? nothing can be overturned once the SC has ruled?

Sure things can be overturned if there is a valid reason. You got a valid reason why we should become a theocracy?
who said anything about becoming a theocracy?
see, this is the problem with liberals, its why they cant compromise in congress. There are only two answers to any question or problem, nothing in between.

Nowhere can this be found in the constitution. Nowhere. It does say, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.” Period. Nothing more.

The article @ Myth Busted: ‘Separation of Church and State’ clearly relates how anti-religious organizations have conducted a campaign to frighten pastors from speaking on political ideals from their pulpits, often using outright lies as part of their threats.

Fine, nothing presents them from actively politicking, but let's be real about it and take away their tax exempt status.

Why then only Unions? Why not all of the following?

Types of Tax-Exempt Organizations

You see, the Clergy have a special power over the masses, or do you disagree?

Government closes down for Christmas.

Don't forget those blue laws in American history. What purpose did they serve? Why were they established?
Do you complain about having MLK day off? not everyone holds him on some pedestal to be worshiped.

You are free to go to work on that day, but I wonder what he did in life that so disturbs you? Why you would post such a non sequitur which famed so well his quest?

He put his life on line and lost it to the irrational hate of others. He is a Martyr for giving his life by defending others whose circumstances of birth denied them sometimes their life, and for centuries the liberty and happiness enjoyed by other Americans.

That was the point of my post. It's been proven to you hundreds of times already, but you are still stuck on that same whining point. At least whine about something new occasionally.

And, as usual, you have not presented a single salient point where "separation of church and state" is anywhere in the constitution.

Sorry if you don't get it, but since the Supreme Court decided that a long time ago, it doesn't matter if you get it.
I suppose since the supreme court had previously ruled against marriages that were out side of the norms of society, Gay Marriage should not be allowed either.
Am I understanding you correctly? nothing can be overturned once the SC has ruled?

Sure things can be overturned if there is a valid reason. You got a valid reason why we should become a theocracy?
see, this is the problem with liberals, its why they cant compromise in congress. There are only two answers to any question or problem, nothing in between.

You are so brainwashed it's clear reality is incomprehensible to you.

Wow. A right winger complaining because there isn't enough compromise. That's pretty rare.

Liberals raise hell about politics and religion but never do were Unions are concerned. I think its more than a little hypocritical.

Liberals raise hell about politics and religion but never do were Unions are concerned. I think its more than a little hypocritical.

Explain how? Unions advocate for their employees, and religions advocate for their flock. Unions provide tangible benefits (income, retirement, health care, working conditions, job security) and the clergy provides ... words.

Organized religions are no different than Authoritarian forms of governance, they seek power and control over people. They use guilt and fear of punishment and a promise of a wonderful life after death - even as they allow a person at the end of their life to suffer in pain or be drugged, and for Big Pharma and the rest of the Medical Complex to bleed the wealth they may have accumulated in life by keeping them alive with artificial means.

What religion was in England? What religions were in America?

If you remember your United States history, the original 13 colonies came from England. Are you suggesting none of the colonies and the British never shared similar religious faiths? Based on what exactly?

Government closes down for Christmas.

Don't forget those blue laws in American history. What purpose did they serve? Why were they established?
Fortunately, in most places, they are going away.

If the first amendment had been interpreted correctly... how exactly did the founders justify, and get away with establishing blue laws? Does it in fact support the interpreted "opinion" of separation of church and state?

Forum List

Back