Bush’s War on the Bill of Rights

REVxERIK

CLASSIC LIBERAL
Sep 2, 2009
In my first LewRockwell.com article, "Are Current Bill of Rights Erosions Unprecedented?" I argued that the Bush administration’s attacks on the Bill of Rights, egregious as they are, do indeed have their precedents in history. I never meant to defend Bush on this basis, but merely to give historical perspective. I stand by what I said. Bush, bad as he is, has not violated the Constitution any worse than Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon or Harry Truman, and not as badly as Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, or Abraham Lincoln.

Nevertheless, Bush did swear an oath to uphold the Constitution, and he has shirked that duty considerably. We should not hold him to the standard of past American tyrants, but rather to the finest of America’s founding principles. It is useful, though perhaps depressing, to see the many ways in which president Bush has trashed the most noble and inspiring of all attempts to limit government through law, the Bill of Rights. Even as he advocates a new amendment to the Constitution to set national standards on marriage, the most important amendments already in place have each fallen prey to the ravages of his government.

Bush’s War on the Bill of Rights by Anthony Gregory

before you yell liberal at this article just know that lewrockwell.com is a libertarian website. links within the article provide evidence for it and whether or not you accept the truth is up to you

BDS (Bush Derangemant Syndrome) Alert!! Yea that whole "Blame Booooooooooooosh" thing really is getting pretty old at this point. Time for some new material.

More recent article??

Hell.. this is the same guy who cited a splattercast chain -email for his Rush Limbaugh quotes, and used it as fact even when shown where snopes debunked it...

Why would you expect impartiality or a recent article from this winger???

Forum List

Back