"Bush Wrecked The Economy And Obama Can't Fix It"

That's much closer to the truth than what we currently hear from the right, including many self-proclaimed Tea-party people/supporters.

They've kinda admitted it with their "Obama made it worse" meme, but that's still not the truth.

Bush and his cronies wrecked the economy so bad it will take a lot more than just Obama and/or 4 years to properly repair it.

This is why I can't and won't take tea-party people seriously. Not the ones who constantly put out the message that Obama made all things bad all of a sudden, which just happens to be just about all of them.

The right will always spin and twist and attempt to wiggle their way out of responsibility, just like they did when they absolutely abandoned Bush after staunchly supporting him for 7 years straight.

This isn't the party that Reagan would recognize, although it is the party that Reagan created.

Reagan never had a Republican Congress, he had to fight and defend and, dare I say, compromise to pass his legislation.

President Obama had a Democrat-controlled Congress for two years, during which time he could, and did, pass his legislative agenda. What we are seeing now is the result of that.

We used to have presidents that didn't have to constantly make bullshit excuses. The buck never stops in this administration.

Truman_pass-the-buck.jpg

Funny - Buchanan fucked up America and Lincoln didn't whine about Buchanan.

Ever.

Obama needs to grow a set, vs. flying off to Martha's Vineyard.

Funny, this time his presidency, Bush had taken 235 vacation days, Clinton 139. If Obama had taken the entire 10 days, it would have totaled 70. But it's different with Obama. He's black.

But it's different with Obama. He's black.
[/QUOTE

And boom there it is the race card gets played.....:clap2:

It's because hes black bullshit is getting old.

Yeah economies are racist as fuck...

Ever.

Funny, this time his presidency, Bush had taken 235 vacation days, Clinton 139. If Obama had taken the entire 10 days, it would have totaled 70. But it's different with Obama. He's black.
really, you've proof of this? Are we skipping counting the "working" vacations while including them for Bush and Clinton to try and pander a political inanity?

Oh, Bush was "working" while he was on vacation. Oh, OK, now I get it.

bush-clearing-brush.jpg

You guys make any excuse. When Obama goes on vacation, he doesn't do anything, but when Bush went on vacation, he still worked. Ridiculous.

Ever.

Dean im going to ask you a question......i dont expect you to answer it,because you never answer questions you cant answer ......if i disagree with one of Obama's policies.....its because he is Black?.....not because i disagree with what he is doing?.....right?....

really, you've proof of this? Are we skipping counting the "working" vacations while including them for Bush and Clinton to try and pander a political inanity?

Oh, Bush was "working" while he was on vacation. Oh, OK, now I get it.

bush-clearing-brush.jpg

You guys make any excuse. When Obama goes on vacation, he doesn't do anything, but when Bush went on vacation, he still worked. Ridiculous.
Workin hard and looking good in my special ed helmet!

obama-bike-600x616.jpg

It took both parties to get the economy where it is Marc.....yes, that means the democrats were part of the mess as were the republicans. Keep it real, dude.

Relax partisan, my OP does not negate that both parties are responsible, however, the BRUNT of it lays squarely at Bush's feet.

How the heck can you expect to lower taxes while spending like a madman on unnecessary wars?

I blame the Democrats for not having the spine to challenge the administration, they were too afraid of the political fall-out. You remember the "if you're not with us you're against us" atmosphere at the moment.

The Dems folded like I don't know what under that pressure.

They certainly were not championing it, they just sanctioned it... reluctantly.

That's much closer to the truth than what we currently hear from the right, including many self-proclaimed Tea-party people/supporters.

They've kinda admitted it with their "Obama made it worse" meme, but that's still not the truth.

Bush and his cronies wrecked the economy so bad it will take a lot more than just Obama and/or 4 years to properly repair it.
Cleaning-up after the Bush Family (traditionally) takes.....

Relax partisan, my OP does not negate that both parties are responsible, however, the BRUNT of it lays squarely at Bush's feet.

How the heck can you expect to lower taxes while spending like a madman on unnecessary wars?

I blame the Democrats for not having the spine to challenge the administration, they were too afraid of the political fall-out. You remember the "if you're not with us you're against us" atmosphere at the moment.

Bullshit and apple butter. We've been over-spending for a few generations now.

Tax cuts USUALLY result in greater collected revenues. It worked out that way when Kennedy cut taxes, when Reagan cut taxes AND when Bush cut taxes.

The republicans had a chance when they controlled the WH & Congress & they blew it. Obama & the dems have made things worse.

It's time to act fiscally responsible, like yesterday.

Our best fiscal decisions came from the geeky John Kasich (R-OH) during the Clinton administration.

The republican congresses created surpluses (for which WJ Clinton received undue credit).

It's past time we spent LESS than we take in & apply the surplus to the nation debt (something nobody ever talks about)

Tax cuts USUALLY result in greater collected revenues. It worked out that way when Kennedy cut taxes, when Reagan cut taxes AND when Bush cut taxes.

The republicans had a chance when they controlled the WH & Congress & they blew it. Obama & the dems have made things worse.

Our best fiscal decisions came from the geeky John Kasich (R-OH) during the Clinton administration.

The republican congresses created surpluses (for which WJ Clinton received undue credit).

It's past time we spent LESS than we take in & apply the surplus to the nation debt (something nobody ever talks about)

You are a certified lunatic...seriously...go back to kindergarden.

It took both parties to get the economy where it is Marc.....yes, that means the democrats were part of the mess as were the republicans. Keep it real, dude.

This is the typical response from a leftist, the Democrats are only to blame because they weren't liberal enough.

The Democrats folded under that pressure? Were you literally born in 2008?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0]I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton - YouTube[/ame]

This is why I can't and won't take tea-party people seriously. Not the ones who constantly put out the message that Obama made all things bad all of a sudden, which just happens to be just about all of them.

The right will always spin and twist and attempt to wiggle their way out of responsibility, just like they did when they absolutely abandoned Bush after staunchly supporting him for 7 years straight.

This isn't the party that Reagan would recognize, although it is the party that Reagan created.

It is without a doubt within the powers of a president to fuck the hell out of the economy in but a couple of years.

No president has enough power over the economy to change EVERYTHING and unfuck the economy in a couple of years.

Any president will have EVEN less effect if there are too many people and things working to keep him/her from having the desired effects.

Last edited:

So its Bush's fault that Obama has continued many of his failed policies?

TARP

Auto-bailouts

Bush-era tax rates

Rampant defense spending

Increased foreign commitments (Afghanistan in particular)

Obama loyalism is antithetical even to liberal principles.

Could you provide us verified proof of your claim?

Could you provide us verified proof of your claim?

Can you provide us verified proof that increased government spending results in economic growth?

TARP

Auto-bailouts

Bush-era tax rates

Rampant defense spending

You might have a point if some of this was within Obamas power to change.

Paulson designed TARP not Obama.

The auto bailouts worked.

We got Osama and everyone knows this had to be done.

As any war scholor will tell you its much easier to start war than to stop it.

How is the Iraq war right now?

Being in the middle is not always where the facts are.

Last edited:

How ARE things in Bizarro Bushworld?????? :eusa_eh:

bush_bizzaro_world.jpg

"If there's one thing that economists agree on, it's that these claims are false. We're not talking just ivory-tower lefties. Virtually every economics Ph.D. who has worked in a prominent role in the Bush Administration acknowledges that the tax cuts enacted during the past six years have not paid for themselves--and were never intended to. Harvard professor Greg Mankiw, chairman of Bush's Council of Economic Advisers from 2003 to 2005, even devotes a section of his best-selling economics textbook to debunking the claim that tax cuts increase revenues."

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Bush destroyed a generation of Americans by stimulating a dead economy with the housing market.

He didn't just destroy the Obama presidency - he destroyed the country long term. We are entering a long protracted fiscal emergecny much like Japan's lost decade. Consumers lost trillions of dollars. It will be at least a decade before the private debt gets cleaned out and consumers can spend again.

Bush created a look-the-other-way regulatory environment which caused the formation of the greatest housing bubble in American history. He targeted non-credit-worthy borrowers in order to stimulate an artificial economic boom.

(Look at the video. Listen to his plan to expand minority home ownership more than any Liberal ever dreamed. Bush was leading the poor to slaughter. This is exactly what Reagan did in the 80s with 3rd world countries, using the IMF and World Bank to loan them money he knew they couldn't pay back. Once they defaulted, the U.S. gained control over their resources)

The Administration did NOTHING as the bubble grew to disastrous proportions.

Then his party lied about the cause by claiming that it was done to help the poor. Anybody who looks at Lehman, Goldman, AIG (and the 100's of lesser securitization/derivative players) can see exactly who benefited. The poor were fed to predators. The predators got bailed out, thus making unprecedented profits, while the poor were foreclosed on. This was the greatest wealth transfer in history.

America got rolled by a rogue presidency.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

TARP

Auto-bailouts

Bush-era tax rates

Rampant defense spending

You might have a point if some of this was within Obamas power to change.

Paulson designed TARP not Obama.

The auto bailouts worked.

We got Osama and everyone knows this had to be done.

As any war scholor will tell you its much less easier to start war than to stop it.

How is the Iraq war right now?

Being in the middle is not always where the facts are.

Another excuse. The Obama faithful, and to be fair I suppose any 'faithful', will constantly come up with excuses for the countless short comings of this failed administration.

Forum List

Back