Ron Paul is right about FEMA.

MikeFrank

Jul 3, 2011
After listening to Ron Paul's interview on Fox Sunday with Chris Wallace today, Ron Paul is correct when it comes to FEMA.

The biggest problem we face in this country is that most people are not even educated on what these departments are and what they actually do.

FEMA, is a huge sinkhole of funds, Most of what FEMA does is counter productive, they actually get in the way and prohibit the local response and emegrgency teams from helping it's own citizens, yes you heard me correctly, as stated above, the people that defend FEMA really have no clue what they actually do.

More : Ron Paul is right about FEMA.

After listening to Ron Paul's interview on Fox Sunday with Chris Wallace today, Ron Paul is correct when it comes to FEMA.

The biggest problem we face in this country is that most people are not even educated on what these departments are and what they actually do.

okay, so whadda they do?

~S~

Ron Paul is right about most things... It's usually people’s inability to comprehend what he is saying because there is actual depth to his logic rather than Ron Paul trying to be a surface only, "common sense" sounding, bullshit spewing talking point wrapped up in an 8 second sound bite.

Take Iran... Does Ron want them to get a nuke? No... So now people claim he wants Iran to get a nuke, and when these people are asked how they would deal with the situation they end up sitting there looking stupid... What's the answer? permeate war with a country that is not really a war because there is literally no objective? Yeah that wouldn't make Iran want a nuke more or anything...

In the end people that talk shit about Ron Paul just hate him "because." They actually don’t have a single reason other than open ended, undefined talking points like... "Ron Paul's foreign policy is dangerous!!!" Good, now tell us HOW it's dangerous.... “Uhhh, because the world is different today!” Wow, it’s amazing any other country can exist in this “different world of today.”

MOST of what FEMA does is counterproductive?!

You'll need to point us to examples of that before I'm willing to accept THAT as gospel.

okay, so whadda they do?

~S~

You just proved my point, you defend them but yet you have no clue what they do, did you even read the article? I would guess NO!

okay, so whadda they do?

~S~

You just proved my point, you defend them but yet you have no clue what they do, did you even read the article? I would guess NO!

As did your article, which expands, explains, or otherwise elaborates zero on the duties of ERE's , nor how they are coordinated

word (and it's a very common usage amongst ERE's) for you today lad>

CLUSTERF*CK

~S~

okay, so whadda they do?

~S~

As did your article, which expands, explains, or otherwise elaborates zero on the duties of ERE's , nor how they are coordinated

CLUSTERF*CK

~S~

Why should I have to explain to you what FEMA does? Isn't that your obligation as an american citizen to know what FEMA does that you support so much. How can you support something you really have no clue what they are and what they do?

CLUSTERF*CK

~S~

Why should I have to explain to you what FEMA does? Isn't that your obligation as an american citizen to know what FEMA does that you support so much. How can you support something you really have no clue what they are and what they do?

where did u learn to Jim Crow dance?

Well:
As Hurricane Irene, downgraded to a tropical storm Sunday, continued north along the Eastern seaboard, Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) offered praised for the Federal Emergency Management Agency assistance.

“The federal response was excellent,” said O’Malley on NBC’s Meet the Press Sunday. “They were with us since day one.”

The agency, he said, was a “much better FEMA than the old days.”

O’Malley’s praise for FEMA was echoed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) who said on Meet the Press that his state’s officials were “coordinating well with the federal government.”

Gov. Chris Christie to @jaketapper: "So far, FEMA has been very responsive.... FEMA's been great." #TW

Or:
Governor Bob McDonnell announced that Virginia received a pre-landfall federal emergency declaration.

This action allows the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to provide supplies, equipment and other needed resources to state and local officials responding to Hurricane Irene.

"I asked the President for the emergency declaration to assure that local and state governments have the necessary support they need to quickly address the needs of Virginians in the aftermath of this powerful storm," said Governor McDonnell. "This step makes us even better prepared to start response and recovery measures to save lives and protect property."

Last edited:

CLUSTERF*CK

~S~

where did u learn to Jim Crow dance?

I will make you a deal, you tell me where in the article that is wrong and then I will glady explain what exactly FEMA does. The ball is now in your court. UI await your response.

It's not even an article Mike, it's commentary in a forum

it lacks specifics, and attacks the federal government's Federal Emergeny management without a shred of backup, just a load of Fed-hate

frankly, my 14 yr old could write better

so the onus of any credibility rests on your shoulders here

you posted it

so back it up

why's fema so bad these days?

for extra credit, tell us what umbrella orginizations marry fema with your average ERE

the floors yours sir

~S~

The problem is not FEMA, it is the political system that encourages corruption at all levels, and if Ron Paul thinks that dumping FEMA and resorting to a bunch of states will work, then he is more delusional than I thought. After all it was the states that fought against the civil rights.... and even today come with some wacko laws that are beyond reason, logic or in any sort of reality.

In disaster relief you need someone to coordinate all available resources for any disaster relief to be effectual. Having 15123641 private organisations wasting resources and not covering everything is a recipe to disaster as we have seen time and time again around the world.

Now I am not saying that FEMA are great at what they do, far from it. They were seriously corrupted under Bush (and were probably also corrupt before) and I would wager nothing really has changed since. The fact that GOP backers got sweetheart deals via FEMA under Bush was a disgrace (the very expensive tarps for roofs is almost a classic, or the poisonous temp housing), but it does not change the fact that someone has to coordinate the over all distribution of resources in a disaster... else you will end up with certain areas getting more attention that they deserve while real problem areas are ignored or downgraded.

So yes, FEMA or something like it is needed, and should always be run by professionals with some sort of knowledge in disaster relief and not political appointees like Michael Brown with zero clue on what the hell they are doing.

Be sure and let us all know how the election goes. Particularly how this nut ends up.

Meth for all!

A few years back I was in Florida when it got hit by a hurricane.

FEMA did an outstanding job of providing food, water and shelter.

Their response was quick and everything was handled professionally to help everyone.

So yes, FEMA or something like it is needed, and should always be run by professionals with some sort of knowledge in disaster relief and not political appointees like Michael Brown with zero clue on what the hell they are doing.
Uh-huh....The battle cry of the pimp for authoritarianism throughout the ages...

All we need to do is just get the right bureaucrats and political hacks, then central planning and control over the populace will deliver us all!

:eusa_hand:

all this fed bashing might gain legs if we could hear from a poster who's town refused fema funds after a disaster.........

FEMA, is a huge sinkhole of funds, Most of what FEMA does is counter productive, they actually get in the way and prohibit the local response and emegrgency teams from helping it's own citizens.....
.....And, WHICH areas have the hoards o' Teabaggers/Libertarians already cleaned-up?????

:eusa_eh:

(They haven't mentioned it, on the news, yet.)​

Forum List

Back