Bush Supports Saudi Arabia Acquiring a Nuclear Program

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
Saudi Arabia - home of the 9/11 hijackers, home of extremist wahhabist sunni fundamentalism, home of most of the foreign fighters in Iraq, home of much of the funding and resources that go to al qaeda.

They say they want to have a peaceful civilian nuclear program.

Bush agrees with them and supports them.

United States Supports Saudi Arabian Civil Nuclear Program

By David McKeeby

President Bush met with Saudi King Abdullah to celebrate 75 years of diplomatic relations and announce a new agreement pledging U.S. support for Saudi Arabia as it builds a civil nuclear energy program that benefits its people, observes international nonproliferation standards and prevents the spread of nuclear weapons.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080517103157tsop.nb/newsblaze/WORLDNEW/World-News.html

Saudi Arabia - home of the 9/11 hijackers, home of extremist wahhabist sunni fundamentalism, home of most of the foreign fighters in Iraq, home of much of the funding and resources that go to al qaeda.

Oh, MY God! This seems so wrong to me! I know i haven't had time to think about it or read up more on it, but off the cuff, I'd say this is a bad idea.

If it's done right and with international oversight there is nothing wrong with it. Unlike, Iran, whose paranoia, and desire to build nuclear weapons, wants to keep everyone and anyone out, Saudia Arabia is agreeing to transparency. Not much different than what India has recently agree to, even though they had nuclear capability for years. The technology is out there, your not going to stop it, so it's best to encourage cooperation among those willing to be responsible. BTW, You can't just take any nuclear power plant and produce bombs. The disposal issue is a problem, which is where a lot of cooperation is really needed, because dirty bombs, which are often mistakenly called nuclear bombs, are a real danger.

If it's done right and with international oversight there is nothing wrong with it. Unlike, Iran, whose paranoia, and desire to build nuclear weapons, wants to keep everyone and anyone out, Saudia Arabia is agreeing to transparency. Not much different than what India has recently agree to, even though they had nuclear capability for years. The technology is out there, your not going to stop it, so it's best to encourage cooperation among those willing to be responsible. BTW, You can't just take any nuclear power plant and produce bombs. The disposal issue is a problem, which is where a lot of cooperation is really needed, because dirty bombs, which are often mistakenly called nuclear bombs, are a real danger.

So Bush apologists are flip flopping, and now saying that if Iran abides by NPT inspection protocols, they should be able to have a civilian nuclear program.

btw: I agree that Saudi Arabia has the right to develop peaceful nuclear energy, if they submit to NPT protocols.

I'm just wondering if Bush supporters are consistent in their views, or if they will flip flop based on partisan expediency.

Saudi Arabia is a state supporter of terrorism against israel. Many of their wealthy and priviledged elite give money and support to al qaeda. Saudi Arabia is the greatest single source of islamic fighters trying to kill americans.

Not of peep of concern from Bush fans, about the potential for Saudi Arabia giving nuclear fuel to terrorists, for dirty bombs? I was told that Iran shouldn't have peaceful nuclear energy, because they had so much oil. Do bush fans have the same position on Saudi, which has even more oil than Iran?

They have the largest energy resources in the world and they need this plant for WHAT legitimate reason, again?

So Bush apologists are flip flopping, and now saying that if Iran abides by NPT inspection protocols, they should be able to have a civilian nuclear program.

Since when am I a Bush apoligist? and yes, if Iran were willing to behave like it was cooperative member of the human race it would be fine.

They have the largest energy resources in the world and they need this plant for WHAT legitimate reason, again?

I can remember when everyone was screaming about the world's oil running dry some 20 years ago. The funny thing is that it didn't happen as soon as everyone believed at that time but it is happening nonetheless. Many of the "brighter minds" in the middle east are using their wealth to prepare for that time, because they know they have nothing else to offer the world except of lot of high grade sand. There is over 2.4 Trillion dollars being spent presently on infrastructure to turn parts of middle east into world class resorts, financial centers, distribution centers, etc. as well as education for their people (which unfortunately half gets wasted on their women because their Islamic based culture doesn't let them work). Assets that will create jobs and provide income for those years when the oil does run dry. It may sound funny but that is not so far off for places like Abu Dabi, Kuwait, UAE, etc.

I see you're just about as full of extremist shit as usual. About the only thing you got right is that Saudi Arabia is the place of origin of Wahabbism.

The 9/11 hijackers where mostly of Saudi origin, but Saudi Arabia is not the home of al Qaeda, the fundamnetalist terror group they acted on behalf of.

Link please that supports your allegation that "most of the foreign fighters in Iraq" are Saudis.

Link please that most supports your allegation that much of al Qaeda's funding comes from Saudi Arabia.

Why don't you just try the truth for once instead of some BS spin?

The Saudi government, IMO, is not stable enough and in too volatile a location to have nuclear weapons that could easily fall into hostile hands.

I see you're just about as full of extremist shit as usual. About the only thing you got right is that Saudi Arabia is the place of origin of Wahabbism.

The 9/11 hijackers where mostly of Saudi origin, but Saudi Arabia is not the home of al Qaeda, the fundamnetalist terror group they acted on behalf of.

neither was Iraq.

The Saudi government, IMO, is not stable enough and in too volatile a location to have nuclear weapons that could easily fall into hostile hands.

I agree with that. But that's true of most of the countries in the middle east, from Lebanon, to Syria, to Jordan...to IRan. And one by one each of the governments friendly to the U.S. among those countries will fall...and in their place will be extremist, fundamentalist regimes. Just my opinion on the subject.

Is Pres. Bush out of his minds?:eusa_wall:

What kind of retarded foreign policy is this?

This would give those scumbags in Al Qaeda access to sensitive nuclear technology...

God help us!

Is Pres. Bush out of his minds?:eusa_wall:

What kind of retarded foreign policy is this?

This would give those scumbags in Al Qaeda access to sensitive nuclear technology...

God help us!

Usually (except countries which can resist US pressure) countries who rely on US assistance in nuclear investments will join US initiated Global Nuclear Energy Partnership, designed to control the supply of nuclear fuel.
Extraterritorial supply of fuel.
You make a fault when you hear nuclear and jump strictly to weapons.
There is no chance, that USA will give away enrichment technology.

Besides, Russia did also offer Saudi-Arabia nuclear assistance when Putin visited Ryad. When the Saudis plan to have nuclear plants, they will get them and USA will try to ensure that USA has most possible influence in the implementation.

neither was Iraq.

Irrelevant. No one said it was.

I agree with that. But that's true of most of the countries in the middle east, from Lebanon, to Syria, to Jordan...to IRan. And one by one each of the governments friendly to the U.S. among those countries will fall...and in their place will be extremist, fundamentalist regimes. Just my opinion on the subject.

That include Israel? Or do you not include Israel as part of the Middle East?

I'm also interested in just how your opinion on the matter differs from Bush's?

Irrelevant. No one said it was.

No. But you said Saudi Arabia wasn't the home of AQ, tho it was the home of many of the hijackers. I was merely pointing out that neither was Iraq, which was the subject of our attack and occupation.

That include Israel? Or do you not include Israel as part of the Middle East?

I'm also interested in just how your opinion on the matter differs from Bush's?

No. I don't include Israel as an unstable regime. You think a bunch of chasidic jews are going to overthrow the government of Israel and take over the nukes?

My opinion on the matter differs from Bush in that I wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq. And I would be using carrot and stick in the middle east. Diplomacy has been sorely lacking. Believe it or not, I also don't think he did Israel any favors by not stepping in more because now Israel is all tied up with the Arab hatred for the U.S. for occupying an Arab country, instead of it being the other way around as its been for 60 years.

Link please that supports your allegation that "most of the foreign fighters in Iraq" are Saudis.

Link please that most supports your allegation that much of al Qaeda's funding comes from Saudi Arabia.

Why don't you just try the truth for once instead of some BS spin?

I wish you'd respond to what I actually wrote, instead of inventing things I didn't say and then patting yourself on the back when you shoot it down.

I never said Sauid arabia was the home of al qaeda. You just imagined I said that. I said they were the home of the 9/11 hijackers, home of the extremist wahhabi sect of sunni islam, and a major source of money and support for al qaeda through their wealthy charities and elite sympathizers.

Originally posted by DeadCanDance
Saudi Arabia is a state supporter of terrorism against israel.

KSA supports the native people of Palestine in their struggle against the jewish racist state that keeps them herded into ethnic enclaves.

The problem here is America financing the racist dictatorship. This is the source of an absolutely legitimate resentment arabs and muslims in general feel towards the US and Palestine can be considered as Al Qaeda's most important recruiting office in the Middle East

But this in no way can be interpreted as a defense of KSA.

KSA is the purest implementation of a Sharia State since the fall of the Taliban regime and the source of much of the fundamentalist, religiously inspired hatred against the West, as DeadCanDance rightly pointed out.

Forum List

Back