Bush signs housing bill to provide mortgage relief

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer
22 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush on Wednesday signed a massive housing bill intended to provide mortgage relief for 400,000 struggling homeowners and stabilize financial markets.

Bush signed the bill without any fanfare or signing ceremony, affixing his signature to the measure he once threatened to veto, in the Oval Office in the early morning hours. He was surrounded by top administration officials, including Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Housing Secretary Steve Preston.

Bush signs housing bill to provide mortgage relief - Yahoo! News

That far-right slalwart conservative! How dare he sign such a piece of legislation focing people to be responsible for their own problems?

I think "the state" should bail them out.

:eusa_angel:

Sure glad I bit the bullet and bought sensibly.

I'm sure millions of us homeowners feel the same way.

Sure I'll be thilled to bail our billonaires bankers and the people who paid too much and bought too much.

After all, that's why I've been suffering all these years in my house...so I could help them out when they got into trouble.

Frustrating, isn't it?

They reap the bennies of being stupid and we who were not have to save them.

The alternative, of course, is the total collapse of the RE market, so our benefit is, I suppose, down the road when we sell.

But honestly... it is annoying

Last edited:
Sure glad I bit the bullet and bought sensibly.

I'm sure millions of us homeowners feel the same way.

Sure I'll be thilled to bail our billonaires bankers and the people who paid too much and bought too much.

After all, that's why I've been suffering all these years in my house...so I could help them out when they got into trouble.

Frustrating, isn't it?

They reap the bennies of being stupid and we who were not have to save them.

The alternative, of course, is the total collapse of the RE market, so our benefit is, I suppose, down the road when we sell.

But honestly... it is annoying

Agreed. It's a lose/lose deal except maybe down the road.

I don't blame unscrupulous lenders anymore than I blame uneducated buyers, but I don't like the government involved. It's bailing out the lenders AND the buyers -- basically changing money from left hand to right -- after they fleece US for it.

If that's not creating an artificial market, I don't know what is.

I always try and buy sensibly and within my means.... budgeting for a payment that I make that is 25% above the required payment... where I can pay extra, yet if times get tough I can scale back

But on subject

This is one thing that I thoroughly disagree with Bush... government is not your mommy to bail you out of a bad situation that you put yourself in

I always try and buy sensibly and within my means.... budgeting for a payment that I make that is 25% above the required payment... where I can pay extra, yet if times get tough I can scale back

But on subject

This is one thing that I thoroughly disagree with Bush... government is not your mommy to bail you out of a bad situation that you put yourself in

They had to save the billionaires.

less is going to the people who bought unwisely.

They're throwing a bone to the people at best, while the bankers take the rest of the carcus.

But on subject

oh my god, i agree with diamond dave on something :eek:

people were stupid and took out stupid loans to get a big stupid house and then stupidly bought other things which they really couldnt afford. and now my $$ is going to the stupid bankers so they dont lose to much of their $$ after stupidly loaning money to those stupid people that stupidly bought too much. it's so freakin stupid.

is it too much to ask that people be responsible with their money? i have a shitload of student loans and work for a nonprofit, so i know not to buy more than i can afford (which really isnt that much). i am building up my savings account while carefully monitoring my spending and paying twice the minimum payments on my loans, paying off the higher interest rate ones first. is this abnormal? should i empty out my bank account to buy unneeded goods and be living paycheck to paycheck?

*Lines you up between the ranks, drummers playing. Rips off your epaulettes and buttons. Snaps your sword in half over knee.*

Yer out of the club, bud. :lol:

Busara walks away, head hanging in shame, wondering what went wrong

Forum List

Back