Bush on Meet the Press

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Man, what an embarassment. George W. Bush sounded like a broken record. He's a Republican, and his goal is to fight AIDS globally and feed the hungry? Can I get a real conservative, please?

Tim Russert made him look like a fool. Of course, that's not too hard. Where are WMD, Jorge?

Talk about a broken record...

I wonder how long before you start claiming it's "all about the jews".
:rolleyes:

he already has in another thread....the jews run EVERYTHING!!!! wheres one of those little black helocopters when you need one???

Jews don't control everything, but they control Bush. Were you paying attention to Russert's mention of Wolfowitz? Russert is one media guy who at least broached the issue of Israel, when he asked Wolfowitz, "Can you assure us that this war is being fought for American interests?" I think Wolfowitz freaked.

Anyone wondering why the War for Israel doesn't get covered as it should might begin checking into who does the covering, here:

http://www.natall.com/who-rules-america/

I read the entire transcript.

Bush was entirely consistent with his prior speeches and statements:

Saddam posed a threat to national security due to his record of using WMDs, his capacity to produce more, his refusal to comply with UN resolutions and his support of terrorists.

Russert tried the tired tactic of insinuating that we shouldn't take action without IronCladIntel. There is no such thing.

Interpreting intelligence requires analysis and judgement. Congress had the same intel that Bush did - and voted in support of the war.

do you have armed guards at the entrance to the cave you live in ...it must get old eating MRE constantly too. I am surprised you have electicity....I thought jonesy left...

jon!

I do not live in a cave! Tramp Bears crave comfort.

:mad:

It's not hard for Bush to be "consistent" when all he has to do is bleat his lines over and over like a second-rate high school debater. Actually, that's an insult to high school debaters, many of whom that I've seen would make Bush scamper home like the mental puppy dog that he is.

But it's interesting that his supporters are now conceding that "the intelligence doesn't have to be perfect" in order for us to launch a war. Hmmm. I'll have to remember that one. It's interesting to note when and where people demand high standards of proof.

Russert tried the tired tactic of insinuating that we shouldn't take action without IronCladIntel. There is no such thing.

which is exactly why 'pre-emption' cannot work. theres zero accoutnability if the intel is wrong, as it is in this case.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
which is exactly why 'pre-emption' cannot work. theres zero accoutnability if the intel is wrong, as it is in this case.

Being frozen in place, waiting for the perfect intelligence brief before doing anything, is a good way to die.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Being frozen in place, waiting for the perfect intelligence brief before doing anything, is a good way to die.
RWA...have to agree with you,....
Dk... didnt the USA try this in WWII.....until pearl harbor woke us up...come on, saddam was a tyrant that should have been removed a decade before he finally was. you act as if he was a choir boy..you play by the rules or suffer the outcome of not ...by pre-emption not working do you mean we should wait for terrorist to destroy this country before we act or act on the intel we have a make decision one way or the other...I for one am glad that the present admin has the balls to make such a decision and then stand by it...no flip-flop BS like the democrats...I was for it but now Im not....

Tim Russert isn't exactly known as a hard-hitting interviewer. Bush probably had a couple of his handlers sitting off camera to feed him answers when he needed them.

acludem

Oh Puh-leeeeze.

This was not a softball interview. Read the transcripts for yourself.

Any high profile politician has advisors to help him prep for a speech or interview. You are just trying to manufacture an issue out of nothing.

If anything, Russert gave Bush the grilling he sorely deserved. Funny, I didn't hear MEAT roasting... I heard the cracking and popping of some god-awful veggie burger type thing.

I was only trying to account for his consistency, of course politicians have advisors, they also have image consultants, speech writers, fundraisers, etc. because this is what they have to do to get elected.

acludem

what we did in WW2 is force japans hand at drawing the US into the war with the oil blockade. Its already been documented that pearl harbor happened because nobody expected it on a sunday and numerous other 'errors' in communications.

I certainly do not act like hussein was a choirboy, you'll have to show me where I have.

now, about that acting on the intel, as David Kay has said 'we were all wrong' and its only by the grace of god that there are other readily apparent reasons as to why iraq was invaded, otherwise we'd be in a political $hit$torm.

Since the US laid out its case in the form of WMD's to the world and it has now proven to be 'inaccurate' we will now face ten times the opposition if we feel the need to invade syria or iran for these so called weapons without irrefutable physical proof.

With the US now using pre-emption as justification for national security we give creedence to any other nation that feels its justified in their national conflicts as well.

Sen.Edwards was on Foxnews this afternoon..he stated that while he was a senator that he had basicly the same intel for OVER 10 years....not10 days..10 weeks or months...YEARS of intel saying the same thing ...saddam had WMD, saddam was making WMD....saddam was preparing to use WMD!!!! 10 years folks...this from a democratic Presidential hopeful.....Honesty goes a long way....

Forum List

Back